Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:57 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Vanderbilt:

"Q: Will my application be considered if I have fewer than two years of full-time work experience?

Yes. The Admissions Committee reviews every application received, regardless of the amount of experience, and admits candidates with little or no experience as long as other areas of the application are exceptionally strong. However, applicants with more experience are generally more competitive. The average experience for applicants offered admission in recent years is nearly five years; the middle 80% range was between two and eight years, and 95% had at least one year of full-time post-baccalaureate work experience."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks for the info hjort, now i am seriously considering applying to vanderbilt. :-D
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am a little surprised by how little interest there seems to be in Vanderbilt. Perhaps it would help to learn that the cost of living in Nashville is even lower than the COL in Austin, Texas. Indeed, the cost of housing is roughly one fifth that of NYC.

If low cost of living is not enough to interest you, how about merit based finanical aid?

https://www.owen.vanderbilt.edu/vanderbi ... awards.cfm
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
merit based finaid is an excellent incentive to boost interest hjort, i myself am more interested in schools who offer generous mert based aid than those who are more into need based. nashville seems like a good choce especially for the low COL. i'll have to check some more cities, where do you get your data about COL hjort , i have already checked some sites out like bankrate.com or greatestcities.com but i dont like their COL calculators. can you refer a good site about this metric. thanks
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
FT05 ranks Vanderbilt #31 worldwide- near Emory and Maryland and ahead of Texas and USC.

FT 2003 ranked Vanderbilt #35 worldwide (tied with Oxford)- ahead of Rochester and Ohio State and just behind Warwick and Maryland.

EIU 2003 ranked Vanderbilt #62 worldwide, near Durham, British Columbia, Western Ontario, and Pittsburgh.

Originally posted by Hjort on 23 Jan 2005, 23:18.
Last edited by Hjort on 27 Apr 2005, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Exec Bios

CEOs: Emerson Electric, Union Planters (Law)

https://ir.homedepot.com/leadership.cfm?BioPage=lead
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Value Considerations

Estimated Total Outlay: 104k

https://www.owen.vanderbilt.edu/vanderbi ... budget.cfm

FT05 Value For Money #60, near Notre Dame and better than Rochester or Georgetown.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
what are the strengths of vanderbilt ? ..what concentrations do the students opt for?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Seems like most of their employment is in the Manufacturing Sector.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
The employment report shows about 24% of students found employment in the Manufacturing Industry. However, about 30% were employed in Commerical Banking, Diversified Financial, and IB/Brokerage.

Vanderbilt should be commended on its detailed employment report.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
The Decline and Fall of Vanderbilt? [#permalink]
I have read a number of comments recently about the decline of Vanderbilt. Note, however, that EIU ranks it #53 worldwide- solidly in the company of many Near Elites such as Rochester and Indiana.

FT 2005 ranks Vanderbilt #31 worldwide- just between Maryland and Georgetown. Again, Vanderbilt is ranked near its fellow Near Elite cluster schools.

BW2004 also places Owen near its fellow Near Elites at #30 (just below Rochester). It was ranked slightly higher in 2002 but lower in 2000. This hardly seems an alarming collapse in rankings.

Overall, Vanderbilt appears to be exactly where we would expect it to be- higher than some Near Elites in one ranking and lower than some Near Elites on other rankings. If there has been a collapse in rankings where did it occur?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alumnis/sudents? [#permalink]
do we have any alumis or current students of vanderbilt in this forum ? kindly pm me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vanderbilt [#permalink]
vanderbilt seems like a great school. however it has a small class. i was idda wonderng that when Yale has a class of 230 odd students then ppl say that its nothing like an elite school, it has less alums etc etc. but since vandebil has just 196 stduents would we say that this is a disadvantage ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello everyone,
I have applied for the Vanderbilt MSF program. Any thoughts about it?
Is the fact that it is a new program a handicap?

Many thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Re: Vanderbilt (Owen) [#permalink]
How good is Owen for IB...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
sumitsarkar82 wrote:
How good is Owen for IB...

I've spoken to a number of current students at Owen and they all agree that Owen places very well in IB.

Going by placement data, on-campus recruiters, and general reputation, it appears Owen has a strong finance program.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2