GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 13 Jul 2020, 20:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jan 2020
Posts: 44
CAT Tests
Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 10:24
Hi karishma

Do you have articles on Work Rate and Speed, Distance time and Probability as well?. Will be very helpful if you can share the link.
Also, if there's a list of collated articles of all the topics - Please let me know.

Bunuel - incase you have a list, please share

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jan 2020
Posts: 44
CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 10:30
Hi karishma

If you have articles on Speed/Distance/ Time, Work/ Rate, Geometry/ Coordinate Geometry and Probability, please let me know.
Also, if you have collated lists of all your articles - please do share. - Bunuel - If you can help with the same.

Thanks a lot.
Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 65241
Re: Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 12:05
2
nikitamaheshwari wrote:
Hi karishma

Do you have articles on Work Rate and Speed, Distance time and Probability as well?. Will be very helpful if you can share the link.
Also, if there's a list of collated articles of all the topics - Please let me know.

Bunuel - incase you have a list, please share

Thanks a lot!


You can find everything in below two topics:

Check below:
ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! !
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 28
Re: Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 03:53
HI karishma, i had a doubt in on question from Veritas prep book;

30% of consumers like only product A, and for every consumer that likes only product B, 3 also like product A. If 18% of consumers like neither product, what
percentage likes both?

Solution
Again draw out the diagrams, paying special attention to the ratio wording (for every consumer that likes B only, 3 like both). Since 48 of the 100 consumers
are accounted for by only A and NEITHER, then 3x + x must equal 52. 4x = 52 and x = 13, so 3x = 39. Both = 39% consumers.

I didnt get the solution; how it inferred the bolded portion?
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
V
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 10674
Location: Pune, India
Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 22:44
2
Montyyy95 wrote:
HI karishma, i had a doubt in on question from Veritas prep book;

30% of consumers like only product A, and for every consumer that likes only product B, 3 also like product A. If 18% of consumers like neither product, what
percentage likes both?

Solution
Again draw out the diagrams, paying special attention to the ratio wording (for every consumer that likes B only, 3 like both). Since 48 of the 100 consumers
are accounted for by only A and NEITHER, then 3x + x must equal 52. 4x = 52 and x = 13, so 3x = 39. Both = 39% consumers.

I didnt get the solution; how it inferred the bolded portion?


Hey Montyyy95:

"for every consumer that likes only product B, 3 also like product A"

means for every 1 consumer that liked ONLY B, there are 3 consumers that liked A 'ALSO' which means that these 3 liked B as well as A.
This means ratio of
(ONLY B) : (B and A) = 1 : 3

Hope this clarifies! Let me know.
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
V
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 10674
Location: Pune, India
Re: Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 22:52
1
1
nikitamaheshwari wrote:
Hi karishma

If you have articles on Speed/Distance/ Time, Work/ Rate, Geometry/ Coordinate Geometry and Probability, please let me know.
Also, if you have collated lists of all your articles - please do share. - Bunuel - If you can help with the same.

Thanks a lot.



Hey nikitamaheshwari:

Check these out:

https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/catego ... =work+rate
https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/catego ... m/?s=speed
https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/catego ... s=geometry
https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/catego ... robability

The first few posts on each link give you relevant discussions.
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 28
Re: Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 08:45
1
VeritasKarishma wrote:
Montyyy95 wrote:
HI karishma, i had a doubt in on question from Veritas prep book;

30% of consumers like only product A, and for every consumer that likes only product B, 3 also like product A. If 18% of consumers like neither product, what
percentage likes both?

Solution
Again draw out the diagrams, paying special attention to the ratio wording (for every consumer that likes B only, 3 like both). Since 48 of the 100 consumers
are accounted for by only A and NEITHER, then 3x + x must equal 52. 4x = 52 and x = 13, so 3x = 39. Both = 39% consumers.

I didnt get the solution; how it inferred the bolded portion?


Hey Montyyy95:

"for every consumer that likes only product B, 3 also like product A"

means for every 1 consumer that liked ONLY B, there are 3 consumers that liked A 'ALSO' which means that these 3 liked B as well as A.
This means ratio of
(ONLY B) : (B and A) = 1 : 3

Hope this clarifies! Let me know.


Thanks a lot karishma (glad to know how the word also made the difference!!)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2020, 19:52
1
VeritasKarishma wrote:
tilak123- I am kicking off this post as per your request.

This is a compilation of all links to the "Made Easy" series. Bunuel has already compiled links to all my posts on specific topics. I will provide links to those compilations:
Statistics Made Easy
Inequalities Made Easy
Sequences Made Easy
Combinatorics Made Easy
Weighted Avgs and Mixtures Made Easy



these links are very helpful, thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 28
Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2020, 21:37
Hi karishma
https://gmatclub.com/forum/10kg-of-a-mi ... 82423.html
could you please explain this question :)
GMAT Club Bot
Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2020, 21:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   [ 209 posts ] 

Veritas Prep PS Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about Math

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne