Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Veteran/unique applicant, but do I even have a chance? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Totally agree you should aim high (while also being realistic :-) ). I think Kellogg is a really good choice for an M7 school, given your interest in consulting and the point I mentioned earlier about their interview process. I think Booth is a good choice too, and their essay question is so open-ended that you would have a good chance to tell your story. Harvard would be the hardest (lowest acceptance rate) but since they have such a large class, sometimes they are willing to take a chance on someone with a unique story, so you could give it a shot if you want. I think Columbia will be tough too, due to rolling admissions there, the MBA class will be really full by the time you apply. I like Ross/Fuqua/Darden/UCLA too. If it were me, I would add one more safer option, like USC, if you want to try to go this coming year.

If you're interested in getting some more targeted help with your applications to any of these schools, feel free to PM me or sign up on our website (https://www.mbamission.com/consult/) for a free phone consult.

Thanks!
Kate

bobojohn1001 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply and insightful advice, Kate! It was extremely helpful, and I sincerely appreciate it. I really want to take a shot at the M7 schools...but everyone is telling me that Round 3 will be really difficult, and I have one too many red flags. I'm applying R3 because I legitimately couldn't apply R1 or R2, and I need to start school this Fall. I will take your advice and just choose a couple of M7 schools to apply to; any advice as to which two I should choose? Where might I have the best chance? Which schools are more willing to take chances on outliers? I was planning on applying to Harvard and Kellogg, maybe Columbia for the MBA/M.Ed. dual degree, but I will definitely aim more for the schools ranked 10-15, maybe 10-20. Per your suggestion, Ross, Fuqua, Darden, UCLA? Or still reach?
Moderator:
1452 posts