GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 May 2020, 06:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Wake Forest Full Time MBA Program Terminated

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.33
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Wake Forest Full Time MBA Program Terminated  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 10:42
This certainly came out of nowhere

http://business.wfu.edu/newsroom/wake-f ... ba-market/
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Re: Wake Forest Full Time MBA Program Terminated  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 16:30
This is interesting. I was definitely going to apply there. Looks like I need to find another program.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 16:32
This is interesting. I was definitely going to apply there. Looks like I need to find another program.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 05:00
Yeah I was considering it as well. I can't imagine how the newly enrolled Full-time class of 2016 feels.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 05:24
jhunter1 wrote:
Yeah I was considering it as well. I can't imagine how the newly enrolled Full-time class of 2016 feels.

Agreed. What other schools are you considering besides Kenan Flagler? I'm having a tough time finding decent programs that match the profile of Wake Forest. I had a good chance at receiving a scholarship there.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 05:50
teesmartgirl wrote:
jhunter1 wrote:

Agreed. What other schools are you considering besides Kenan Flagler? I'm having a tough time finding decent programs that match the profile of Wake Forest. I had a good chance at receiving a scholarship there.

In addition to Kenan-Flagler I'm looking at Vanderbilt, Emory, Georgetown, and George Washington. What about Wake Forest did you specifically like?
Intern
Intern
Wake Forest Full Time MBA Program Terminated  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 06:05
jhunter1 wrote:
teesmartgirl wrote:
jhunter1 wrote:

In addition to Kenan-Flagler I'm looking at Vanderbilt, Emory, Georgetown, and George Washington. What about Wake Forest did you specifically like?

Vanderbilt and Emory are on my list as well. The size and location were a huge plus for me. Plus, I have a rather low GPA and mediocre GMAT (650). My stats seemed to be a good fit, per the admissions director. I'd like to stay in the south (the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic are also contenders). The school's relationship with PepsiCo is great! That's one of the companies that I'd like to work for.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 07:15
In addition to Kenan-Flagler I'm looking at Vanderbilt, Emory, Georgetown, and George Washington. What about Wake Forest did you specifically like?[/quote]
Vanderbilt and Emory are on my list as well. The size and location were a huge plus for me. Plus, I have a rather low GPA and mediocre GMAT (650). My stats seemed to be a good fit, per the admissions director. I'd like to stay in the south (the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic are also contenders). The school's relationship with PepsiCo is great! That's one of the companies that I'd like to work for.[/quote]

Very nice it sounds like we are looking at similar schools for similar reasons. I too have a below average GMAT score and that may scare me into waiting another year to apply and re-taking. You bring up an interesting point about the relationship with PepsiCo. How do you go about gathering info on what companies schools have great relationships with?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 09:18
Looking at each program's employment report. The previous dean of Wake Forest was the CEO (or other C Level executive can't remember which) at PepsiCo prior to coming to the school. I have the current brochure from Owen, which actually breaks down the employers for each specialization.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Status: Build your own dreams,Otherwise some one else will hire you to build there's.
Concentration: Finance
Schools: BYU-Marriott'18
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.68
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 05:50
jhunter1 wrote:

Vanderbilt and Emory are on my list as well. The size and location were a huge plus for me. Plus, I have a rather low GPA and mediocre GMAT (650). My stats seemed to be a good fit, per the admissions director. I'd like to stay in the south (the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic are also contenders). The school's relationship with PepsiCo is great! That's one of the companies that I'd like to work for.[/quote]

Very nice it sounds like we are looking at similar schools for similar reasons. I too have a below average GMAT score and that may scare me into waiting another year to apply and re-taking. You bring up an interesting point about the relationship with PepsiCo. How do you go about gathering info on what companies schools have great relationships with?[/quote]

Hi,
I had scored 590 earlier....i am going to re-take in 10 days.......
These schools that u have mentioned.Do they take people with avg. GMAT score and work ex.of 2 years.....
or are there any other colleges...that take candidate with avg profile.?

Please help
Re: Wake Forest Full Time MBA Program Terminated   [#permalink] 22 Feb 2016, 05:50

Wake Forest Full Time MBA Program Terminated

new topic post reply Update application status