Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Wake Forest vs. UNC [#permalink]
Big 6? Holy crap that's old. Way before the recession hit. Probably before any of the people even enter high school. The Big 6 used to be Andersen Worldwide, Ernst & Young, Deloitte & Touche, Coopers & Lybrand, KPMG Peat Marwick and Price Waterhouse. Of course, now it's the Big 4 with andersen imploded during the enron scandal in 2002. Pricewaterhouse merged with coopers and lybrand in 1998. Doing good time wake might do a 90% and feed into the big 4 but i seriously doubt any school has that high of an employment statistics now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thanks for the responses guys, I ended up choosing Texas though so it's a moot point but might still be helpful for those making this decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Ha ha, yes I am old! My point is that UNC or Wake is going to put you in front of the big accounting firms and you will have no trouble passing the CPA exam......cannot ask for more than that in any economy. Cannot go wrong with Texas though...good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Masters in Accounting
Schools:UT, Wake Forest
Send PM
I was accepted into Wake Forest's MSA program and UT's MPA program and I'm still trying to decide which one to finally go with. My main criteria is choosing the program that has the best instruction and will provide me with the best preparation for the CPA exam. I feel that Wake Forest has the better teachers but I could be wrong. Can anyone provide his or her opinion on this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wake has lead the nation in pass rate 6 times. A few years ago it was around 83% but I think UT was in the 70s. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. I am naturally biased as I graduated from Wake and am entering the MBA program in the fall.

When I was at Wake, it was very tough. Many of our accounting exams were 3 hour exams and you had to know you stuff just to get a C. I was a B/C student and passed the exam on my first attempt.....and the reason why so many passed was because the cpa exam was easier than what we were used to.

A big factor is your decision should be where you want to end up working and living after graduating. East coast go with Wake....if you want to stay West go with Texas. Just my thoughts.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wfucpa, thanks for the great info and advice. Want to ask you how you would rate the WFU professors and their ability to teach, i.e. pass on information to their students in an understandable way. Also, how would you rate, if you have knowledge of, the career placement for accounting graduates in the private equity and investment banking sectors?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have long been out of the accounting program at Wake and most of the professors that I had are probably gone. But, I thought they were really good....they were just tough. As far as career placement...when I was there it was all about public accounting....big 4 and large regional mainly. I cannot speak for how it is today but I would say that it is probably very similar to the way that it used to be. Those questions could probably be better answered throught the program itself. I found my MBA admissions guy very helpful.....I would talk to them about career placement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wfucpa, thanks again for your info and your suggestion. I'll do as you say and learn as much as I can. I want to make a final decision by next week. I'll post what I learned and what I decided. Thanks again!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Finance, Economics, Accounting
GPA: 4.0 UG and 3.6 MSA
Send PM
UNC. Hands down. Especially if you're an NC resident....
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts