GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 19:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Want to get into Haas? Review Profiles here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Want to get into Haas? Review Profiles here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 18:34
Hi guys, I would greatly appreciate it if you use your fortune-telling powers to evaluate my chances of getting invited to Haas R2 interviews.
- Nationality: Egypt.
- Background: Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- University: Most prestigious medical school in Egypt.
- GPA: 3.82
- GRE: Q:162 (79%) V: 159 (83%)
- Four years of US-based experience in the field of cancer & Molecular diagnostics.
- 3 promotions. From Sales to Marketing to Product development & Strategic planning.
- Published researcher in Biotechnology and Stem Cells form elite US institutions.
- Current: Founder & CEO of a Molecular Diagnostics Consulting Company.
- Extracurriculars: President & Founder of the biggest Student Club. President of the Student Union.
- LORs: President of the company I worked for reflecting on a successful business track record. & University Professor & mentor reflecting on a history of leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Essay: Influences that impacted my decision to pursue medical entrepreneurship, why an MBA & post-MBA goals.
Thanks & I really appreciate your efforts so much!
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q166 V161
GPA: 4
Want to get into Haas? Review Profiles here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 09:40
Background and nationality: Female, India
Undergrad Information: R.V.College Of Engineering, India - 8.66/10 GPA (Graduated with distinction - top 5 in class)
GRE : 327/340 (166Q, 161V, 5 AWA)
Work experience: Product Manager, FAANG - Work ex [ 47 months by the time I join ] - started from analytics and moved to Product [ 2.5 years in a high-tech unicorn in India, 6 months in a small statup ]
Leadership experience : Google Student Ambassador, VP - Ecell, RVCE, Sponsored by Google to attend GHC, US and invited by Stanford to give a talk
Industry: Consumer Internet
Post MBA goals: Wearable tech industry

I applied in Round 2. Kindly review my profile for Haas.
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2020, 20:00
Hi fdundo,

Weighing in here on your profile evaluation request on behalf of Admissionado! Your academic credentials are fairly solid, and your blended pre-MBA work experience at both larger tech firms (I'm inferring that from your references to FAANG and a high-tech unicorn in India) and a small start-up equips you well to take advantage of the Silicon Valley resources at Haas.

I think the biggest keys to your candidacy will be (1) demonstrating (through your resume, essays, and letters of recommendation) that you have business acumen in additional to technical / engineering expertise, as that is likely to be a stereotype that you'll be up against; and (2) explaining in a compelling way why you believe you need an MBA to achieve your post-MBA goals in the wearable tech field. Why couldn't you get a job in that industry now, without going to b-school? Or why do you believe getting a Haas MBA will boost you to a higher level or a stronger company than otherwise?

Best of luck to you!

Doris
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V34
GRE 1: Q164 V157
GPA: 2.79

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2020, 11:33
Applying for the EWMBA program
Background and nationality: 28, Male, United States, Chinese
Undergrad Information: 2.79 GPA at UC Berkeley as Chemical Biology Major
GMAT: 660 ( 45Q, 34V)
Work experience and leadership: 5 years of WE in Big Pharma. 2 promotions. Currently the Community Rep for our site. Had leadership roles in college as a committee chair.
Community and others: Volunteer to tutor local grade school students
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2020, 11:32
Hello,

Could someone please review my profile?

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 2.78
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.

Regards,
theleopride

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2020, 06:28
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake (basically applying this Aug 2020), and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2022, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 9 months now - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 5 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech

Questions:
Is my GMAT score enough to get into Wharton (with some scholarship)? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?
Any other inputs/suggestions for my application are most welcome.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg, NYU Stern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 12:25
Hi! I would really appreciate a profile evaluation for my application. Thanks!

Background:
- Mexican
- Male
- 29 years old

· Education:
- Universidad Anahuac Norte (Top 5)
- 79/100
- Bachelor in Business Administration

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education:
- MBAMath

· GMAT:
- No oficial score yet. Realistic score 680-700

· Work experience (finance):
- 1.5 years in a boutique bank as Credit Director with a team of 2 people (participated with the company to create the credit area from scratch)
- 1 year as Credit Analyst and on the 2nd year got promoted to Credit Coordinator
- 8 months as IB Analyst
- 1.5 years as an intern in HSBC Mexico

· Extracurricular activities:
- Running (Chicago 2018 Marathon, Mexico 5-pax SalaValle 120km)
- Road biking
- Former board member of a nonprofit organization for 1.5 years
- Volunteering in the sep-19 earthquake in Mexico City

· Post-MBA goals:
- Transition into private equity.

· Other information relevant to your profile:
- Casual chess player
- Strong recommendations and essays
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 03:19
Hi everyone!
Thanks for taking time and responding to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake (applying for first round of 2020),

Background:
Nationality: Brazilian, Male, 30 years old
GMAT: 720 (Q48, V40, IR8, AWA4.5)
TOEFL: TBD

Education:
B.E in Production Engineering, GPA: 7.5/10
Finance Specialization in top business school in Brazil, GPA: 9.1/10

Professional Experience:
1. Started as an analyst in a small Private Equity (1.5 years)
2. Went through an Management Leadership program in a South African mining company (1.5 years)
2.1 Became an financial analyst in the same mining company (0.5 years)
3. Consultant in deals strategy - Big 4 (2.5 years)

International Exposure:
1. 1 year in Spain with a scholarship from Brazil govnmt. - studied in local university and worked for a local NGO
2. 3 months in Canada

Co-Curriculars:
1. Worked for a local NGO as a Finance Consultant
2. Work as volunteer mentor for local start-ups

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to remain in the M&A environment in consulting (MBB preferred)
Goal-2 (Backup): Join a corporate role in M&A/Corporate Development
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 06:38
Hi lcbdelgado,

Haas is a great school when it comes to Consulting as a post-MBA goal, making up 25% of the placements as per the employment starts https://haas.berkeley.edu/recruiters/report/

The Haas program is built around its four defining principles:

1. Question the Status Quo
2. Confidence Without Attitude
3. Students Always
4. Beyond Yourself

I clearly see a good mix of 3 and 4 in your profile. You'll have to make sure you highlight 1&2 in your application through examples of your experiences. To understand their principles better, you can learn more about Haas' culture here: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/the-haa ... r-culture/
With a GMAT score of 720, I see a good chance for you to make it to Haas. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool.

Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

lcbdelgado wrote:
Hi everyone!
Thanks for taking time and responding to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake (applying for first round of 2020),

Background:
Nationality: Brazilian, Male, 30 years old
GMAT: 720 (Q48, V40, IR8, AWA4.5)
TOEFL: TBD

Education:
B.E in Production Engineering, GPA: 7.5/10
Finance Specialization in top business school in Brazil, GPA: 9.1/10

Professional Experience:
1. Started as an analyst in a small Private Equity (1.5 years)
2. Went through an Management Leadership program in a South African mining company (1.5 years)
2.1 Became an financial analyst in the same mining company (0.5 years)
3. Consultant in deals strategy - Big 4 (2.5 years)

International Exposure:
1. 1 year in Spain with a scholarship from Brazil govnmt. - studied in local university and worked for a local NGO
2. 3 months in Canada

Co-Curriculars:
1. Worked for a local NGO as a Finance Consultant
2. Work as volunteer mentor for local start-ups

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to remain in the M&A environment in consulting (MBB preferred)
Goal-2 (Backup): Join a corporate role in M&A/Corporate Development
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2020, 02:57
Hi rachitkansal,

Firstly, great profile there! And you've got a fair GMAT score for Haas.
Haas is a great school when it comes to tech as a post-MBA goal, making up around 40% of the placements in tech as per the employment stats https://haas.berkeley.edu/recruiters/report/. It also has a great location advantage, which is a critical factor we should consider while applying to business schools. Google, Amazon and Airbnb are among the top tech-employers for Haas.

The Haas program is built around its four defining principles (and considers the same criteria while analysing applications):
1. Question the Status Quo
2. Confidence Without Attitude
3. Students Always
4. Beyond Yourself

I clearly see a good mix of 2, 3 and 4 in your profile. You'll have to make sure you highlight the 'question the status quo' bit in your application through examples of your experiences. To understand their principles better, you can learn more about Haas' culture here: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/the-haa ... r-culture/
Your achievement of becoming the youngest PM will make a great link with your post-mba goal.

With a GMAT score of 730, I see a good chance for you to make it to Haas. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool.
As for the scholarship, I would need to understand which scholarship you are eyeing and then evaluate your chances for the same.

I am happy to hop on a call sometime this week, if that suits you. Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

rachitkansal wrote:
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake (basically applying this Aug 2020), and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2022, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 9 months now - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 5 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech

Questions:
Is my GMAT score enough to get into Wharton (with some scholarship)? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?
Any other inputs/suggestions for my application are most welcome.
GMAT Club Bot
Want to get into Haas? Review Profiles here   [#permalink] 15 Jun 2020, 02:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 130 posts ] 

Want to get into Haas? Review Profiles here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy