GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 13 Apr 2021, 00:11

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 26 2021 [#permalink] Warwick, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 26 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had a decent interview with Karen Barker (Director of Recruitment & Marketing). Interview lasted for around 1 hour 20 minutes. Usual questions: 1) My usual work in a language she can understand :) I work in Intellectual Property domain 2) My stories of influencing my stakeholders. Be prepared to recall your stories from your experiences 3) My long term/short term goals 4) Why MBA, Why now. How would a MBA help. 5) I had already told about my 10 year goal, so she asked about What would I tell her if I meet her 20 years from now. I think what they are looking for is if you've thought about your career progression 6) What's my leadership style 7) Why should we offer you a scholarship (top 3 differentiators) 8) What are my decision criteria for choosing the final school. I had mentioned that I have applied to Cass, ESMT and Copenhagen. 9) Finally, any questions that I have - I had interest in Warwick Ventures, so talked about that Overall, very friendly interview. Mostly about my stories from my work experiences. She talked about the Tech tours and Consultancy Projects and Leadership courses. She mentioned to keep the communication channel open with them, in case I receive decision from other schools. The last bit was quite interesting though - She mentioned that I had made her decision very difficult, and I was definitely NOT in the "straightforward reject list". Was I in that list earlier? :| She did mention that the pool this year is very competitive, particularly from India. So, keep your stories related to your experience in your memory, and recall as per the questions . Good luck. Hope this debrief helps."

saurabhjmi from India GMAT 650; WE: 135 months; Law
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 02 2021 [#permalink] Warwick, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 24 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with Belinda Marklew who was an external coach hired by Warwick. The interview was extremely relaxed and you could see how every answer led to a follow up question which helped keep the conversation natural. She started off by explaining the flow of my interview which would be work experience, future plans, and any questions I may have. Questions and follow ups that were asked of me were: 1) Talk about your career history so far and what prompted you to make every major career decision and an achievement you are proud of basis each decision. Follow up: I had some international work experience so she asked me some follow up questions on how it was working with people of different nationalities and how I adapted to it. 2) How many people report to me? What would my managers or my team say about me as a manager? Follow up: I had recently increased my team so there were a lot of questions about how I did that and what steps went into tackling that as a problem and coming to a decision. 3) What is the structure of my current organization like and where do I fit in within that? 4) How does an MBA fit into my overall career plans? Follow up: I had an entrepreneurship vision as part of long-term goal and her exact question was "paint me a picture of what that would look like." 5) Where am I currently in the application process and what other schools have I applied to? Follow up: I told her I had also applied to Rotman and we spoke in detail about why I had picked these two schools and why I would prefer one to the other. 6) If I were given a scholarship, what would I give back to Warwick? 7) Any questions I had for the admissions committee. Follow up: I had a few questions that she said she did not have an answer to since she said she didn't work for the university itself, but someone from the admissions team got back to me today with answers to the remaining questions. Overall the interview was extremely conversational and the interviewer really helped me relax as it went along. She waited patiently for me to finish my answers (and I talk a lot!) before she asked follow up questions."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 23 2021 [#permalink] Warwick, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 23 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with an external consultant - apparently WBS hires an external consultant to interview few of the candidates to get the 3rd person's view. She started by first explaining the structure of the interview - About career history - My ambitions - Any questions I might have 1) Career History - Explain your reasoning on your career decisions and 1 achievement/contributions/takeaways from each. She asked few questions around my career to go into more details, especially in my entrepreneurship domain. 2) My ambitions - I wanted to be an entrepreneur and described the business idea in brief. She asked "How would you envision your business or what you want to achieve out of it beyond 10 years from now" 3) Why MBA and Why Warwick 4) How would others describe your leadership qualities since you have led teams in the past. 5) Any questions Ended with her describing the next steps on what and when I can expect the decision. Overall pretty conversational - always smiling and a chilled atmosphere."

shameekv1989 GMAT 720;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 17 2020 [#permalink] Warwick, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 17 2020 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Had a great interview - the interviewer was genuinely interested in me, polite, and clearly a knowledgeable and confident person. She asked me all the right questions and answered all of my questions extensively. I was asked about my CV, my career to date and why MBA and why now, so pretty standard but with some great comments and input while I was answering - I would say it was the best interview I had to date! Also she made me very excited about the range of electives and opportunities - and I have learnt more about the mentoring programme. This is the lesson how to conduct inverviews as well as a way to really get people even more exciting about WBS!"

This user wants to stay Private from United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals and Biotech

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 03 2020 [#permalink] Warwick, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 10 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Regarding the interview experience, it was more of a conversation about goals, what I expect from the course etc. It was very nice knowing about school, more casual and good chat with the professor. Again, everyone's interview will be different so please prepare about the usual questions of why you need an MBA, why Warwick etc."

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jun 27 2019 [#permalink] Warwick, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 14 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The interview would be very chilled out and the questions would be asked on your leadership skills and some scenarios related to this skill, then they would ask about your current company and the work profile and of course why WBS and Why MBA. The interviewer would be someone outside of the admission team, so you can use your essays in your interviews."

anirudh186 GMAT 670;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jun 27 2019 [#permalink] Warwick, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 21 2013 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I recently had my interviews with WBS and it was a truly enjoyable experience. It was detailed, it was deeper, it was insightful and it was an exploration. Questions were based on the context of the discussion, you can very clearly see some purpose of the questions, you see the logical flows and you feel comfortable that you are in good hands. After the interviews, you feel like time well spent and you have learned few new things. Thanks WBS team."

yes
no