Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Re: Hello! [#permalink]
Quote:
Hello Scott,

Thank you so much for volunteering your time here! My first question to you is in which way is business school "less" competitive now? Is it because the number of applicants has decreased while the acceptance rate remains the same? However, has the quality of the applicants in the last years increased as well? Also, has the number of female applicants increased or decreased in the past couple years? Finally, do you think Kelloggs' environment is female-friendly? (According to several sources, U of M, Berkeley, Stanford, Stern, U of Chicago, and Darden are among the best female-friendly schools.)

I appreciate your opinions! Have a good weekend.

Yours,
AC

Dear Allycat

Could you please ask your question in a seperate thread. :)

Sincerely
Praetorian
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
Re: Welcome to Scott and Omari [#permalink]
I just wanted to pop in and say 'hello' too. Many thanks to Praetorian for inviting us to moderate a forum. We have a lot to share based on all the research we've done on applying to business school in addition to our own personal experiences. We're excited to share that here.

Just a quick plug for our site: https://www.mbagameplan.com It contains a lot of free resources to assist with the application process, so check it out when you have a chance.

If I've been noticeably absent since the introduction, it's because I'm in the middle of finals right now. B-school has been a terrific experience and Scott and I are more than happy to share our experiences in that regard as well.

All the best,

Truth

Praetorian wrote:
Dear Members

In another addition to GMAT Club, we extend a warm welcome to Scott Shrum and Omari Bouknight, current B-School students and authors of the book, Your MBA Game Plan.

Most of us wish that we could seek advice from someone who has been through the B-School Application process. Well, after a long and winding search, GMAT Club finally found what we were looking for !

I am confident that this forum will be a good complement to the Accepted.com forum.

Scott and Omari will be posting here soon with the details.

Here is some information from their website.

Scott Shrum is a second-year MBA student at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. His professional experience includes two years of business development for software provider MicroStrategy and several years of product marketing for financial web site The Motley Fool. Scott received admission to both Kellogg and Harvard Business School. His Kellogg application earned him an F.C. Austin Scholarship, one of only 20 handed out by the school each year. In his spare time Scott serves as a professional editor for business school applicants, helping them to apply the principles in this book to their own essays. Scott graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and a minor in writing

Omari Bouknight is a second-year MBA student at Harvard Business School. He studied the business school application process for more than five years in preparation for his own attempt to gain acceptance into a top program. Utilizing application strategy, Omari received admission to Fuqua, Harvard Business School, Kellogg, Wharton, and University of Michigan Business School. OmariтАЩs professional experience consists of more than three years with Deloitte Consulting, assisting companies in developing and implementing business strategies. Omari received a Bachelors of Arts from Michigan State University as a triple major in International Relations, German, and Supply Chain Management.

I hope the Accepted.com forum and the MBA Game plan forum will help you with your application process.

Regards
Aejaz
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Transfering to another B-school [#permalink]
Hi Scott and Omari,

I am from India. Here are my scores in GMAT and Toefl.

gmat: 560
Toefl: 240

I got the admission for Fall 05 at University of South Florida, Tampa campus. I would like to know more about the college and if i need to change the college, i would like to know at what point of time shud i write gmat and toefl again to get into a good b-school. kindly advise me on this. this really bothering. at this moment what i am looking is an entry to USA.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Re: Transfering to another B-school [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Kiran,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Do you mean that you are considering entering USF's business school, but would like to later transfer to another one? That's not very common in the U.S. I can't think of any highly ranked business schools that accept transfers.

I can't tell you much about USF. But, if you're thinking about applying to another school now, I would start studying for the GMAT immediately. Ther are no hard cut-offs in terms of scores, but ideally you could boost your GMAT score by 100 points or so.

If you're just looking for a way to enter the U.S., though, then USF will meet that need...

Scott
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Transfering to another B-school [#permalink]