GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 15:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Wharton Essay 2: “I’m Stuck!!!” Don’t Panic… Some Advice

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Admissions Consultant
S
Schools: Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
Wharton Essay 2: “I’m Stuck!!!” Don’t Panic… Some Advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2019, 12:26
From Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts), http://www.mbaadmit.com, email: info@mbaadmit.com

Interested in learning how we think you can strengthen your essays? Sign up for an essay feedback session for targeted advice about the essays you have composed. Or ask about our current Holiday Special – editing of one application’s essays for $895. Restrictions apply. Valid through December 29, 2019 only.

Interested in learning if we think you can be successful as an applicant to a top MBA program? Sign up for a FREE Profile Evaluation directly from Dr. Shel Watts, a Harvard and Oxford graduate with Harvard admissions experience and over 26 years of work with MBA applicants. Fill out the form on our homepage at http://www.mbaadmit.com

Wharton Essay 2 (Full-Time Program): “I’m Stuck!!!” Don’t Panic… Some Advice

As I am sure you have noticed, the clock is ticking and the 2019-2020 Wharton full-time program's Round 2 admissions deadline is coming up quickly. You are not alone if you procrastinated finishing your Wharton essays, reasoning that during your winter break you would have dedicated time for truly focusing on them. Now that you have finished some of your holiday celebrations, you may have found yourself sitting down before your Wharton essays and going into a panic, feeling the essays are far from an outstanding quality.

You are not alone; many candidates have been in those shoes. They have been able to turn things around, even with days to go before the deadline.

For most candidates, Wharton Essay 2 is the question that has them most concerned. Have I chosen the right topic? Is this simply supposed to be personal-topic essay since the topic is not supposed to be represented elsewhere in the application? Is my tone okay? These are among the questions candidates ask.

Essay 2 reads: "Describe an impactful experience or accomplishment that is not reflected elsewhere in your application. How will you use what you learned through that experience to contribute to the Wharton community? (400 words)"

One piece of advice: remember that your topic choice should help advance you to admission. In most cases, if you introduce a personal story it should focus-in ultimately on values and strengths you developed that have borne fruit in your life and will help you contribute at Wharton, not simply tell us about your upbringing.

We have also found that the topic you write about can be on the resume, but just not elaborated on at great length. So, if you were sent for a month to a foreign country with your company and it is noted on the resume with sparse details, that is still a topic you can use in Essay 2. In Essay 2, you would be elaborating on details you have not presented elsewhere, which satisfies the question.

Just remember, whatever topic you choose should convey information that advances you to admission: you want the admissions committee to read your essays and become convinced you would be a great candidate to interview. You do not want them to finish your essays and then have to scour the rest of the application trying to convince themselves there is sufficient reason to interview you.

The essays are very important! Use them excellently.

Do you need assistance in preparing your Wharton essays? Feel free to reach out to us! We have holiday hours available between now and the Wharton R2 deadline.

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts)
President, MBA Admit.com
http://www.mbaadmit.com
Email: info@mbaadmit.com

Direct email address: info@mbaadmit.com

GMAT Club Bot
Wharton Essay 2: “I’m Stuck!!!” Don’t Panic… Some Advice   [#permalink] 26 Dec 2019, 12:26

Wharton Essay 2: “I’m Stuck!!!” Don’t Panic… Some Advice

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx