GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Aug 2019, 16:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Sloan Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 12:22
Hi Id like a profile evaluation

30 Male Pakistan National

710 GMAT

3.6/4 GPA mechanical engineer. Honor roll student top 5% of class.

Wireline Product and Service Delivery Manager at Schlumberger (largest O&G services co)
75 direct/indirect reports. 20$ million annual revenue generating location. Responsible for revenue generation, operations, sales, training and coaching, supplier management and new technology introduction for Pakistan’s Wireline business. 8 years in the company. 1.5 years in current role.

International exposure in Saudi Arabia working with Saudi Aramco as field engineer.

Passionate about cycling and photography. Lead corporate initiative for local communities (school) where Schlumberger operates in Sindh Pakistan. Been volunteering consistently since high school.

Strong academic and extra curricular background.

Thanks.
Ahmed

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 20:55
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

GRE - 322 (Q-170, V-152)
Engineer at MNC in India & worked at a high growth Indian startup.
Total 4 years of work-experience till joining.

Under-graduate - 8.7/10 from BITS Pilani

Extra Curricular: Odissi Dancer
My goal after doing an MBA is too have enough business skills to be capable of starting up.

Please let me know where do I stand.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 03:33
Hi all,

Please help me with a profile evaluation for the MIT Sloan MBA program.

A brief intro to my profile can be found below:
Academics:
Class 10 , St. Columba's School New Delhi: 10 CGPA
Class 12 (CBSE) , St. Columba's School New Delhi : 92%
Undergraduate, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology , Instrumentation and Control: 71% (7.7 CGPA)
GMAT Score (720 - Q49V40)

Work Experience
Business Analyst,Advance Analytics Team, The Boston Consulting Group. (3Y by the time I join B school)
-Have worked with global clients primarily in Logistics/Operations and People Management. Have worked onsite primarily in Asian Markets (Singapore, Thailand), European Markets (Germany) and Middle East (Saudi Arabia and UAE).
-One of the earliest member and contributor of BCG Turn's Zero Based Budgeting team. Team Raised ~100Mn USD overall
-Part of pilot Junior Analyst hiring by BCG India run, one of 3 fast-track promotions out of a cohort of over 10. Winner of various Client Impact and Internal Impact awards at BCG.
-Also part of BCG Shark tank project, where we built a framework combining analytics with clean energy to enable BCG to get proposal conversions for 3 clients worth $30Mn net.
-Working on multiple public policy based projects in KSA. Presented an investment opportunity analysis to the KSA Leadership (including the His Royal Highness )

Multiple internships in business analytics domain during under graduation

Extracurricular
Strategy Consultant, The Shashi Foundation
-Leading the corporate strategy outreach team for the Non Profit Organisation
-Devised strategy for 10 village rollout plan for Project Padhao in villages across NCR and Haryana

Marketing Director, ENACTUS NSIT
-Creation of multi-channel marketing strategy for a global social entrepreneurship student body.

Awards and Recognition
~2 BCG awards in individual capacity
~2 BCG awards in team capacity
~Winner of 3 Undergraduate Case study Competitions

Post MBA Goals:

1) My post MBA goal (Short term) is to work on the operations optimization , logistics and procurement side of the business. Would want to work in consulting again (niche consulting in these domains would also work).
2) My long term MBA goal is to head the ops strategy for a multinational and gaining valuable experience before heading for my own way.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2019, 13:44
hazelnut wrote:
Hi Guys,

This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for MIT Sloan applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Costa Rican, Female, 25 years old

Academics:
Bachelor in Int. Relations with a minor in Business from a top Israeli Institution GPA 3.5/4

GMAT: 660 (Q43, V38) *
*Planning to re-take improve score.

Work Experience:
4 Years at P&G doing finance (would start MBA with 5y).
Obtained 2 promotions (both in different levels).
Managed ~12 people.

Extra-curricular:
Did exchange program in Belgium (taught in French).
Very active volunteer work benefiting families in Costa Rica.
Debate Club.
Ambassador's Club (met with diplomats).
Part of a social initiative of one-teacher schools in Costa Rica.

Languages:
-Fluent: english, spanish, french & italian.
-Basic: hebrew & german.

Post MBA goal: sustainability, social enterprise, social impact, NGO's, public sector.

-I'm a bit scared that I won't get an increased GMAT score for R1 but would you suggest to push to R2 or apply with the 660? I'm doing lots of research to present a strong application to compensate the low GMAT.

Thoughts welcomed!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Oxford"20 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.59
WE: Engineering (Other)
Sloan Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 21:23
Hi, would really appreciate the my profile evaluation

GMAT : 710, 46Q 40V; 2nd attempt 760 50q 44v
UG: BE Mechanical 3.59/4 cgpa with 70% scholarship, Final year project with country's space agency related to rocket design, Conference paper on the design

Qualiifcations: PMP Certified

Work Experience: 3 years,
Just had my first promotion 5 months ago. My experience is majorly in oil and gas sector, having played leading roles as Team Lead Mechanical and HoD Procurement and Warehousing. Currently been in a projects management role for almost past 2 years where experience involves 1) erection and pre-commissioning of a plant as site supervisor 2) takeover of another plant as a key member of Projects team of around 30 people 3) extension of a plant as engineer during design phase and site supervisor during execution with up to 300 people working under my supervision.

Recent Startup: A part of a team of 4. Where we are trying to provide a platform for fixing of electrical issues in household by having a few electricians working with us in Lahore.

Nationality: Pakistani

short term goals: Switching to management consulting

Thanks a lot in advance :)
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21, NUS '22
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 10:52
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for an MBA at Sloan:
Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra-Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 11:10
Hi Akshatarora0112,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. Can you tell me a bit about your goals post-MBA (short and long-term)? B-Schools are experienced with a variety of grading systems, so it's wise for your not to convert your GPA. That said, how do you rank in your undergraduate class profile?

While you have a great GMAT score, I haven't read much in your profile description that makes you stand out from the crowd. If you want an admit to Sloan, you will need to be introspective about your experiences, why you require an MBA, why now, and why Sloan.

I also understand that this is a public forum, and you might not want to share fully your background and experiences. I am happy to take this conversation offlineand see how we can help you reach your academic dreams.

Good luck!

Susan

Akshatarora0112 wrote:
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for an MBA at Sloan:
Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra-Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Sloan '22
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.68

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 00:58
Hi!

I was just wondering if my profile could be evaluated for MIT Sloan. I am applying to Sloan, Booth and Duke- Thanks a lot!

Background/Nationality: 
• 25M, Indian, born and raised in Dubai, UAE for 17 years (permanent resident in Dubai), working in the United States
• Dealt with family tragedy stemming from unavailable life-saving and cost-effective drugs to treat life-threatening disease- Resulted in development of my resolve to understand effective drug delivery methods and be in the life sciences industry

Undergrad school/major: Georgia Institute of Technology, 3.64 GPA, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

Work Experience: 
3.5 years at Deloitte Consulting focusing on supply chain transformation projects for Life Sciences clients- Promoted from analyst to consultant (Top of analyst class all 3 years)
• Led team of 3 at a life sciences client to revamp supply chain and reduce order backlog for $1B facility, targeting potential savings of $30M
• Managed 5 analysts to design and implement new logistics processes for a biotechnology client across 4 countries (Belgium, Japan, Singapore, USA), increasing global supply chain efficiency by 30% and $16M in revenue
• Awarded $500K in funding to develop prototype for integrated supply chain platform, with potential client savings of $35M
• Led college recruiting efforts as program chair, increasing STEM students intake by 15%
• Awards at Deloitte: Deloitte Applause Awards for ‘Best Performing Consultant’, Winner of Deloitte Innovation challenge , Top 5 at ‘Startup Deloitte’, Top 4 in Atlanta Startup Venture Competition

GRE: 329 (168Q/161V)

Extra Curriculars: 
• Volunteer Project Manager at education non-profit called Haiti Now- in charge of all fundraising efforts to build a school in Haiti that will teach up to 200 kids. Raised $15k so far out of $400k goal (2019-Present)
• Project Lead for internal Deloitte pro-bono consulting initiative to improve vision screening in Atlanta Public schools (2018-2019)- Managed team of 4 analysts to optimize vision-screening process in public schools, targeting 50% increase of elementary school kids screened across 130 schools
• President of a Net Impact organization in Georgia for 4 years (2012-2016)- Launched ‘Social Enterprise Career Fair’ to connect 150+ students with 20 social enterprises, resulting in 90% placement rate

Hobbies: Piano, travel (visited 17 countries), hiking, exploring national parks , reading biographies and science fiction

Goal of MBA: 
• Business Acumen: MIT Sloan's focus on action learning and cross campus integration will help me gain overall business acumen and help me understand supply chain interdependencies with other business units in an organization such as finance, marketing etc. Action learning labs would be a great hands-on experience to work with diverse sets of people (culturally and expertise area) and approach solving problems by learning from different perspectives 
• Life Sciences: The MBA degree will also allow me to understand the life sciences industry at a macro scale and understand how external factors such as policy, delivery innovation can directly improve healthcare outcomes for individuals- For example: Healthcare certificate classes and H-Lab at MIT Sloan would provide me these exact skills I need
• Goal Post- MBA: Come back to Deloitte and follow the Partner track at the firm to lead the Life Sciences Practice

Deloitte Sponsorship Process: Went through the process successfully but sponsorship was later revoked after my H-1B was denied. I have an informal offer to return to Deloitte post-MBA due to my high performance. The H-1B denial also meant that I had to leave Deloitte in May this year temporarily for 8 months. Currently, I am working at Haiti Now and getting my PMP certification.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2019, 00:38
asaraimhigh wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

GRE - 322 (Q-170, V-152)
Engineer at MNC in India & worked at a high growth Indian startup.
Total 4 years of work-experience till joining.

Under-graduate - 8.7/10 from BITS Pilani

Extra Curricular: Odissi Dancer
My goal after doing an MBA is too have enough business skills to be capable of starting up.

Please let me know where do I stand.

Thanks,

Hi,

Your career goals sound too high level. You'll need to get down to the details while drafting your cover letter.
Other details about your work experience, related achievements, ECAs are missing, so I'd not be able to offer any other advice

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Premium Member
Sloan Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2019, 00:41
Please find my profile below. I appreciate any feedback.

Background and nationality: Czech Republic, white male, 26 years
Educational Background:
- Lived for 2years in UK, where I finished my high school diploma - not sure if relevant but adds more international experience.
- Undergrad: Empire State College with double major in Business administration and International Economic Relations; GPA 3.93 (top 3%)
- CFA level 3 candidate 2020
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (first three exams)
GMAT: taking GMAT in 3 weeks, mock score of 650, expecting 700
Work experience and leadership:
- 4 years full time experience (by fall 2020, not considering internships mentioned below,)
- Currently: Senior Mergers&Acquisitions and Strategy Consultant at Big 4 (I work in two teams), responsible for 2-3 consultants/interns
- Previously: 0.5y full-time finance internship at IGO in Belgium, 0.5y internship at local investment bank, 0.5y internship at US embassy commercial section, 1y Data Administrator at Moody's Analytics
Community involvement: Volunteering at CFA local society
Post MBA goals: I plan to transition to investment associate role leveraging my current B4 experience and CFA.
Target schools: INSEAD, Haas, MIT
GMAT Club Bot
Sloan Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 25 Aug 2019, 00:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   [ 170 posts ] 

Sloan Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status