Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Ross '21 HEC '22
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V36
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: What Are My Chances? Low GPA, Decent GMAT, Average human being [#permalink]
Hey Varun,

Thanks for the review. I have gone ahead and filled up the CV review link on your webiste to provide additional info. Would love to hear back from you.

oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello yadavsaransh

To be honest the information is too limited to give a meaningful feedback.
However let me point you in the right direction.
Your list of schools will evaluate your profile based on 6 admission factors mentioned here.
If I break your profile down based on the info give, this is what we get-
1. Academic Potential- Indians are generally expected to score high on the GMAT. While 710 is decent it is not a stellar score. Especially considering you come from a competitive pool and have a below avg GPA. You will need other strengths in your profile to compensate for this.
2. Quality of work ex- More than years, industry or role what matters is your career progression and achievements. Unfortunately no info on this side. Don't even know what industry you are working in.
3. Diversity- Indians always face some trouble here due to the large pool they make. Are you from IT or non IT? That may make a slight difference. Your extracurricular activities will also help you set apart from other applicants. Again no info to say anything.
4. Career goals- By far the most critical piece of the admissions puzzle. What are your career goals and why is an MBA an absolute necessity to reach these goals? Again no info here. You could add to your research by reading here.
You will need a spike in at least 3 out of 4 factors mentioned above to get an admission.
I cannot find a spike because Acads is decent (but no spike) and other Info Qork Ex/Diversity/Goals is missing.
Should you feel the need to discuss your profile further let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

yadavsaransh wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm applying to the below-mentioned schools for Sept '19 intake and wanted to know what are my chances of getting into the same.

1. Fuqua
2. Ross
3. Kellogg
4. Anderson
5. Rotman

Profile:
Gmat: 710 (Q:48 V39)
GPA: 3 (ok its 2.98) (#2 University for my course)
Work Ex: 4 years on matriculation
(worked with startups for the past 3 years and currently heading their North Sales)

So the situation is dire guys. I'm just getting into GMATClub and tbh, haven't done the kind of research I would be satisfied with. Please point me in the direction of valuable resources. Also, if you had a similar profile and have already seen success please share your story. Please feel free to share anything relating to the topic

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hey ,

So I graduated from Symbiosis (SCMS) in 2015 with a BBA degree, I also headed a committee there.

As for my work experience, I started out as a Sales manager and have seen continuous growth with the companies that I have worked with. In the past 3 years, I have worked with 3 companies where the switch always came with a higher pay, more responsibilities and a better designation. Additionally, I have also helped my companies venture into multiple new markets.

Thanks

GyanOne wrote:
yadavsaransh wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm applying to the below-mentioned schools for Sept '19 intake and wanted to know what are my chances of getting into the same.

1. Fuqua
2. Ross
3. Kellogg
4. Anderson
5. Rotman

Profile:
Gmat: 710 (Q:48 V39)
GPA: 3 (ok its 2.98) (#2 University for my course)
Work Ex: 4 years on matriculation
(worked with startups for the past 3 years and currently heading their North Sales)

So the situation is dire guys. I'm just getting into GMATClub and tbh, haven't done the kind of research I would be satisfied with. Please point me in the direction of valuable resources. Also, if you had a similar profile and have already seen success please share your story. Please feel free to share anything relating to the topic

Thanks

Hi Saransh

Thanks for posting. Can you clarify on the #2 university for your course bit? Also, please provide more information on your work responsibilities and achievements. Very broadly, judging just by the parameters posted, except Rotman, the others may be challenging, but can have a full assessment once more details are available.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot