GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 20:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation for Stanford

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation for Stanford  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 21:10
Please Evaluate my profile and any feedback would be nice

Male based in Dallas, Texas

Background and nationality: Age 29 & Black

Undergrad Information: Undergraduate GPA in Mechanical Engineering: 2.9 but Graduate School GPA in Technology Management: 3.87

GMAT: Not taken yet-Goal is >700

Work experience and leadership:
Overall experience: Operations/Manufacturing for about 7 years
Previous experience: Supply Chain Manager/Manufacturing Manager/Quality Engineering. (Fortune 500 Companies)
Current Experience: Program Manager @ Defense Aerospace company leading cross functional teams
Got promoted twice current company in 3 years

Community and others
Undergrad: Researcher at Robotics Lab, Academic Tutor and Financial Chair on National Society of Black Engineers. Multiple internships at Top companies.
Currently: Official paid mentor selected by current company to mentor high school & college students, Appointed-President of Employee Resource Group at Current job, Business Round Table Speaker-Go to high schools in surrounding areas to enlighten Kids on STEM and also tutor some STEM courses. Working in program in Dallas community with under privileged kids in alternative high schools schools to put them on the right path. Leader a Teenage program assisting college and high school students with mentorship, college admission, scholarships etc. President of National Society of Black Engineers Professional Chapter

Post MBA goals - Working in Technology and Strategy

Anything else?
Certification-PMP
Awards & Recognition: Manager of the Quarter Award & Leadership Awards
Excellent Performer ratings at work
MBA Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2020, 10:09
Bhavyaanand94 wrote:
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program at Stanford

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: BSc Honours Statistics (3 year course with a GPA of 3)
Other qualifications: Have cleared 11 (out of 15) Actuarial Exam
GMAT: 730
Work experience: 4+ years (will be 6+ years by intake) in the insurance, reinsurance and consulting sector. Have worked with world’s largest reinsurer and EY. Received various awards from office (Employee of the quarter/month).
Extracurriculars: Zonal level football participation. Organising various events during college involving the entire Delhi University (including Marathons, internship fairs, Youth Summits etc). Also travelled to HongKong for official work and attending seminars.

Posted from my mobile device

If your GPA was originally in a percentage, can you provide the percentage? Also, what do you want to do post-MBA?

Linda

Listen to Admissions Straight Talk for interviews with admissions directors, MBAs, test prep pros, and financial aid sources.
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2020, 10:16
Thank you so much for the reply Linda.
Graduation percentage - 70%
Post MBA goals- work in healthcare/ insurance/ consulting/ PE.

P
What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation for Stanford  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Jan 2020, 20:51
Strawhat1989 wrote:
Please Evaluate my profile and any feedback would be nice

Male based in Dallas, Texas

Background and nationality: Age 29 & Black

Undergrad Information: Undergraduate GPA in Mechanical Engineering: 2.9 but Graduate School GPA in Technology Management: 3.87

GMAT: Not taken yet-Goal is >700

Overall experience: Operations/Manufacturing for about 7 years
Previous experience: Supply Chain Manager/Manufacturing Manager/Quality Engineering. (Fortune 500 Companies)
Current Experience: Program Manager @ Defense Aerospace company leading cross functional teams
Got promoted twice current company in 3 years

Community and others
Undergrad: Researcher at Robotics Lab, Academic Tutor and Financial Chair on National Society of Black Engineers. Multiple internships at Top companies.
Currently: Official paid mentor selected by current company to mentor high school & college students, Appointed-President of Employee Resource Group at Current job, Business Round Table Speaker-Go to high schools in surrounding areas to enlighten Kids on STEM and also tutor some STEM courses. Working in program in Dallas community with under privileged kids in alternative high schools schools to put them on the right path. Leader a Teenage program assisting college and high school students with mentorship, college admission, scholarships etc. President of National Society of Black Engineers Professional Chapter

Post MBA goals - Working in Technology and Strategy

Anything else?
Certification-PMP
Awards & Recognition: Manager of the Quarter Award & Leadership Awards
Excellent Performer ratings at work

Strawhat1989,

Thanks for your post. Obviously your GMAT will matter. But let's assume it comes in at 710+, you still have a chance at Stanford and other top MBA programs. Stanford, just because of the competition is a stretch, but I would encourage you to apply. Your undergrad GPA is low, but if you combine a competitive GMAT and your masters GPA with recognition that you had a tough undergrad major, I think you will be given serious consideration. Your goal makes sense, but sharpen in your application.

Here are some resources for you:
* MBA guidance and editing.
* Stanford GSB MBA Essay Tips
* Get Into Stanford, a recorded webinar

Best,
Linda

Listen to Admissions Straight Talk for interviews with admissions directors, MBAs, test prep pros, and financial aid sources.

Originally posted by Accepted.com on 10 Jan 2020, 10:19.
Last edited by Accepted.com on 15 Jan 2020, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 10:20
Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you all. It would be nice to have your feedback on my profile. Please kindly to check it below:

Background: Female, 24 years old from Indonesia

Undergrad Information:
University of California, Irvine with major in Business Administration
GPA: 3.94 /4.00
Honors: Magna Cum Laude

GMAT: 720

- Family Business for a year as a Product Manager
- Retail Company as a Budget Analyst
- Founder of an online store
- EY as an Advisory Intern

Community and others:
- Volunteers at UNICEF

Post-MBA goals:
I would like to join a social-purpose company as their product manager and then develop my own social venture company.

Thank you so much for your time and feedback! :)
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 15:23
Hi everyone, I am a 22-year-old Australian about to begin my final year of undergraduate studies with the intention to complete an MBA through GBS's deferred pathway. Due to my expected graduation date, I am eligible to apply to potential programs in 2021. I believe that my GMAT score and essay(s) will ‘make or break’ my application. I appreciate any feedback on my profile and would like to hear opinions on what would be an appropriate GMAT score to target for Stanford. My current train of thought is minimum --> 710, target --> 730, dream --> 750.

(1) BACKGROUND

Work experience:

• Big 3 German automotive manufacturer (Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes)

6-month internship in Germany

• Prestigious boutique German automotive manufacturer

14-month internship + thesis in Germany.

Only (possibly first) non-EU resident at the company

Extra curriculars:

• Founding president of the mechanical engineering student association

200+ members in six months

Organised an on-campus industry expo with 30+ companies and 1100 student registrations

Company Q&As, industry visits, skill workshops, etc.

• Elected undergraduate representative of 12,000+ students on the school’s academic board

Hold monthly academic board meetings with the pro-vice chancellor and other high-ranking school officials. The academic board establishes the structure of academic programs and discusses school matters. There are a lot of NDAs!

• In2Science mentor

Mentor a classroom of low socioeconomic high school students to increase their engagement, confidence, and aspirations in STEM.

• Student-Staff consulting representative

Consult with my peers to identify program-related opportunities for improvement and present those issues at student-staff meetings.

• Entrepreneurship club

Committee member

• Founded a side-business on a shoestring budget

• Very early stage NPO start-up

• Golden Key International Honour Society

• Formula SAE

Undergrad school/major:

• Location - Australia

• QS 250, QS Engineering 100

• Mechanical Engineering (Honours) | Business Management

Will graduate with two degrees.

Received several awards.

Featured on university promotional material.

• December 2020 graduation date

Other education/coursework:

• Certificate III in Music Industry

Race/nationality:

• White

• Australian

Sex:

• Male

(2) STATS

Cold GMAT Scores:

• MGMAT#1 620 (Q40 V35)

Taken 23/12/2019

• GMATPrep#1 530 (Q32 V32)

Taken 26/12/2019

• Potential test dates: July 20’, December 20’, January 21’, February 21’

Undergrad GPA:

• 4.0 / 4.0

6 subjects remaining.

(3) MBA INFO

Goal of MBA:

• [Short-term] To move away from traditional engineering roles and into management style roles particularly in NPO start-ups. By being accepted into a deferred program I will have the confidence after undergrad to take professional risks, whether that is to begin/grow a start-up or apply myself in a smaller boutique firm. Furthermore, I will have the support of the school’s network to help accelerate my professional progression in the period before matriculation.

• [Long-term] My longer-term vision is to make a positive impact in Australia. Currently Australia has a large dependence on its mining and farming exports however both industries are in decline which will ultimately damage the economy. The automotive industry was once in this position, unfortunately the industry succumbed to the downward trend and manufacturing has since been abandoned. My goal is to bring back the automotive industry to Australia in the form of renewable and sustainable practises thus contributing jobs, innovative technology, and pride to the country.

(4) OTHER

International exposure and languages:

• Two months in Tanzania

• Two years in Germany

Can speak German at an elementary workplace level which I learnt in my own time.

Matriculation:

• Aim to work for 3-4 years before matriculating

Assuming that I am accepted into a deferred program.

• Will be ~27 years old at time of matriculation

Essay discussion points:

• Aspirations to lead and make a positive impact.

Unfortunately Fortunately I have no ‘sob stories’.

• MBA goals

• Time spent in Germany

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 18:22
Hi guys, I would greatly appreciate it if you use your fortune-telling powers to evaluate my chances of getting invited to GBS R2 interviews.
- Nationality: Egypt.
- Background: Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- University: Most prestigious medical school in Egypt.
- GPA: 3.82
- GRE: Q:162 (79%) V: 159 (83%)
- Four years of US-based experience in the field of cancer & Molecular diagnostics.
- 3 promotions. From Sales to Marketing to Product development & Strategic planning.
- Published researcher in Biotechnology and Stem Cells form elite US institutions.
- Current: Founder & CEO of a Molecular Diagnostics Consulting Company.
- Extracurriculars: President & Founder of the biggest Student Club. President of the Student Union.
- LORs: President of the company I worked for reflecting on a successful business track record. & University Professor & mentor reflecting on a history of leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Essay: Influences that impacted my decision to pursue medical entrepreneurship, why an MBA & post-MBA goals.
Thanks & I really appreciate your efforts so much!
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 20:19
MBAaustralia you have a fantastic profile and I love that you have a longer-term economic vision for Australia. The GMAT you need is partly related to what else you have to offer but even more so, the competition. If there are a lot of other white Australians who apply this will have upward pressure on the GMAT required to beat them out. And the reverse.

So your achievements/insights/personal shiz is a big deal but for the GMAT "required" just want you to know that often relates to the competition in terms of citizenship (the #1 variable), ethnicity/race, gender, and the overall diversity of your background.

Of course the level of achievement will be incorporated into things; they will not compare you to someone who lacks similar qualifications, but do know almost everyone who applies to GSB deferred, 2+2 are pretty incredible as well.

I would agree with your breakdown; but to be honest as a white male really want you to clear 720 though to feel comfortable about your odds. Make sure to take mock GRE in case that comes out better.

MBAaustralia wrote:
Hi everyone, I am a 22-year-old Australian about to begin my final year of undergraduate studies with the intention to complete an MBA through GBS's deferred pathway. Due to my expected graduation date, I am eligible to apply to potential programs in 2021. I believe that my GMAT score and essay(s) will ‘make or break’ my application. I appreciate any feedback on my profile and would like to hear opinions on what would be an appropriate GMAT score to target for Stanford. My current train of thought is minimum --> 710, target --> 730, dream --> 750.

(1) BACKGROUND

Work experience:

• Big 3 German automotive manufacturer (Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes)

6-month internship in Germany

• Prestigious boutique German automotive manufacturer

14-month internship + thesis in Germany.

Only (possibly first) non-EU resident at the company

Extra curriculars:

• Founding president of the mechanical engineering student association

200+ members in six months

Organised an on-campus industry expo with 30+ companies and 1100 student registrations

Company Q&As, industry visits, skill workshops, etc.

• Elected undergraduate representative of 12,000+ students on the school’s academic board

Hold monthly academic board meetings with the pro-vice chancellor and other high-ranking school officials. The academic board establishes the structure of academic programs and discusses school matters. There are a lot of NDAs!

• In2Science mentor

Mentor a classroom of low socioeconomic high school students to increase their engagement, confidence, and aspirations in STEM.

• Student-Staff consulting representative

Consult with my peers to identify program-related opportunities for improvement and present those issues at student-staff meetings.

• Entrepreneurship club

Committee member

• Founded a side-business on a shoestring budget

• Very early stage NPO start-up

• Golden Key International Honour Society

• Formula SAE

Undergrad school/major:

• Location - Australia

• QS 250, QS Engineering 100

• Mechanical Engineering (Honours) | Business Management

Will graduate with two degrees.

Received several awards.

Featured on university promotional material.

• December 2020 graduation date

Other education/coursework:

• Certificate III in Music Industry

Race/nationality:

• White

• Australian

Sex:

• Male

(2) STATS

Cold GMAT Scores:

• MGMAT#1 620 (Q40 V35)

Taken 23/12/2019

• GMATPrep#1 530 (Q32 V32)

Taken 26/12/2019

• Potential test dates: July 20’, December 20’, January 21’, February 21’

Undergrad GPA:

• 4.0 / 4.0

6 subjects remaining.

(3) MBA INFO

Goal of MBA:

• [Short-term] To move away from traditional engineering roles and into management style roles particularly in NPO start-ups. By being accepted into a deferred program I will have the confidence after undergrad to take professional risks, whether that is to begin/grow a start-up or apply myself in a smaller boutique firm. Furthermore, I will have the support of the school’s network to help accelerate my professional progression in the period before matriculation.

• [Long-term] My longer-term vision is to make a positive impact in Australia. Currently Australia has a large dependence on its mining and farming exports however both industries are in decline which will ultimately damage the economy. The automotive industry was once in this position, unfortunately the industry succumbed to the downward trend and manufacturing has since been abandoned. My goal is to bring back the automotive industry to Australia in the form of renewable and sustainable practises thus contributing jobs, innovative technology, and pride to the country.

(4) OTHER

International exposure and languages:

• Two months in Tanzania

• Two years in Germany

Can speak German at an elementary workplace level which I learnt in my own time.

Matriculation:

• Aim to work for 3-4 years before matriculating

Assuming that I am accepted into a deferred program.

• Will be ~27 years old at time of matriculation

Essay discussion points:

• Aspirations to lead and make a positive impact.

Unfortunately Fortunately I have no ‘sob stories’.

• MBA goals

• Time spent in Germany

Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 15:36
Hey all,

I would be interested to know how you would assess my odds.I have slightly changed my profile to maintain privacy from my real life situation.

GMAT: 660 Q44, V36
Nationality: W. European country
Degrees: University of Oxford MSc in subjected related to international development - 71% (~4.0 GPA)
University of Durham BA in Social Sciences - 68% (~3.7 GPA)

Work experience: International Development for big W.European aid donor, in a series of different roles as a development economist (2.5 years) with a diplomatic posting, youngest in mission.

Other work covered several african countries.

Other work experience includes with another government ministry and strategy consulting in development - 1 year.

Goals: Set-up my own international development business combining all my skills.

P

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 19:00
AjaxFan wrote:
Hey all,

I would be interested to know how you would assess my odds.I have slightly changed my profile to maintain privacy from my real life situation.

Degrees: University of Oxford MSc in subjected related to international development - 71% (~4.0 GPA)

Work experience: International Development for big W.European aid donor, in a series of different roles as a development economist (2.5 years) with a diplomatic posting, youngest in mission.

Other work experience includes with another government ministry and strategy consulting in development - 1 year.

Goals: Set-up my own international development business combining all my skills.

They're going to love your experience. They will also be impressed with the grades. However, they are going to be concerned by your GMAT quant score combined with an undergraduate degree that doesn't appear to have been terribly quantitative. Unless you have several A's (or high percentages) in demanding quantitative classes and recs that comment positively on your ability to do quantitative analysis, GSB could doubt your ability to handle the quantitative demands of Stanford's program. I'd encourage you to enroll in HBS Core or other quantitative courses so that you can show that you are improving your quant skills if invited to interview or if waitlisted.

Best,
Linda

INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 21:58
AjaxFan

Very exciting profile, but I agree you will need to deliver good proof of numeracy, be in via test scores or grades. And need to bump up your GMAT overall, depending on where in Western Europe you hail from. Might consider doing a mock GRE to see how that comes out.

Really urge you to check out Wharton Lauder; you would be a great fit with that program. I realized there is some overlap with your masters, but they have a separate quota for Wharton Lauder so your odds are stronger if there is a good fit. People love it because you have a close-knit group within the larger context of Wharton. Dual degree is a good way to go for you.

AjaxFan wrote:
Hey all,

Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 22:59
Hi Both,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm consolidating my reply in one post to avoid spam.

Your analysis seems to reinforce what I thought upon meeting them in London. My other schools applied include Chicago Booth Civic Scholars, Wharton, Harvard and Columbia.

I tried to up my GMAT but struggled with it, it's the first time in my life I've struggled with an exam! I took the Executive Assessment for Columbia and scored a 166, which I'm led to believe is v. High. I've referenced this on all my apps in the additional information. I know both Booth and Wharton use it as a filtering mechanism for their EMBAs.

I am slightly nervous about my odds, I've actually got several Economics courses throughout my degrees, and work as one. I think my direct manager would have referenced data skills in her recommendation, not sure she would explicitly say the words quant though.

Fingers crossed!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2020, 21:18
AjaxFan wrote:
Hi Both,

Your analysis seems to reinforce what I thought upon meeting them in London. My other schools applied include Chicago Booth Civic Scholars, Wharton, Harvard and Columbia.

I tried to up my GMAT but struggled with it, it's the first time in my life I've struggled with an exam! I took the Executive Assessment for Columbia and scored a 166, which I'm led to believe is v. High. I've referenced this on all my apps in the additional information. I know both Booth and Wharton use it as a filtering mechanism for their EMBAs.

I am slightly nervous about my odds, I've actually got several Economics courses throughout my degrees, and work as one. I think my direct manager would have referenced data skills in her recommendation, not sure she would explicitly say the words quant though.

Fingers crossed!

I feel your work experience and educational background will work in your favor. But you need to write an authentic essay that differentiates you from other do-gooders. The admissions officers are definitely trying to find out which do-gooder is really passionate and genuinely interested in helping the world from those who are simply trying to impress them.
P

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Jan 2020, 20:50
AjaxFan wrote:
Hi Both,

Fingers crossed!

Your manager doesn't need to use the word "quant." He or she needs to provide an example that shows you handling quantitative work with excellence.

Originally posted by Accepted.com on 13 Jan 2020, 21:43.
Last edited by Accepted.com on 15 Jan 2020, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Jan 2020, 00:18
Edit: Double posted by accident.

Originally posted by AjaxFan on 14 Jan 2020, 00:15.
Last edited by AjaxFan on 14 Jan 2020, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2020, 00:16
Again, thank you guys. You have given me a lot to think about whilst I preemptively prepare for interviews from next week; even if I don't get one, I am sure you have suggested ways to upskill myself that can only be positive in the long-run.

I spent a phenomenal amount of time on the essays so hopefully my passion will come out; probably close to 250 hours across my 17 essays. I am only doing the course for the value-add towards my direct goals, it will be great if it's supported but if not, I guess it wasn't meant to be. It's been a very resource intensive process, but I think it's helped me clarify my goals along the way.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2020, 02:19
AjaxFan wrote:
Again, thank you guys. You have given me a lot to think about whilst I preemptively prepare for interviews from next week; even if I don't get one, I am sure you have suggested ways to upskill myself that can only be positive in the long-run.

I spent a phenomenal amount of time on the essays so hopefully my passion will come out; probably close to 250 hours across my 17 essays. I am only doing the course for the value-add towards my direct goals, it will be great if it's supported but if not, I guess it wasn't meant to be. It's been a very resource intensive process, but I think it's helped me clarify my goals along the way.

250 hours? 17 drafts? Wow. I hope you get in. All the best!
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2020, 10:05
AjaxFan wrote:
Hey all,

It's great that you are starting this process early, as you'll have ample time to position yourself for the R1 deadlines (where you'll have the best shots at admission for top-tier programs like GSB).

You have a really cool non-traditional candidacy. Let's analyze it from several different angles:

1. Grades & academic success: this appears very strong. Good grades in challenging disciplines from strategic universities (Oxford!).
2. International experience: You’ve got this aspect in the bag! It seems like you have lots of good experience in emerging markets in particular, which top schools will love. Wharton’s Lauder dual masters program in International Studies should definitely be on your radar as this program has lower GMAT scores and puts a premium on international experiences.
3. International student status: For top U.S. schools like GSB, being categorized as an "international" applicant (e.g., non-U.S.) student, generally isn't helpful, because most top schools keep international students capped at around 40% of their student body and so many great applicants apply from all over the world.
4. Leadership: I’d love to learn more about what “youngest in the mission” means - but there could be a really cool application essay in there somewhere that demonstrates your urgency and ambition to succeed.
5. GMAT: From this cursory overview of your profile, this appears to be the weakest part of your candidacy. If you get accepted to GSB with a 660 GMAT score, you will be one of the lowest accepted scores your year. Last year, HBS accepted a 650, so things like this *DO* happen, but in general you want to be near or exceed the GMAT for a school to have a good shot. For GSB, the GMAT average hovers around 730. I'd try to take the GRE, which GSB also accepts, and may be a better fit for you. Many candidates find that they do better on the GRE than the GMAT. If you can get your score up past 700 for the GMAT or the GRE equivalent score, combined with your unique non-traditional candidacy, you could have a *chance* at a top-15 MBA program if you apply to a lot of them to maximize your chances at each one.
6. Post-MBA goals (both immediate and long-term): Schools want candidates who they are sure will be successful in their chosen field. This is one big question mark right now from your candidate profile. “Setting up an international business combining all of my skills” sounds like a good long-term goal, and probably one that’s imminently possible given your prior experience, connections and expertise. However, a successful b-school essay will show HOW you will do that, starting with what you’ll do in the immediate and medium-term (what sorts of internships will you be requiring for, what is your career goal immediately post-MBA).

If a free consultation with an admissions strategy consultant to discuss strategic positioning would be helpful to you, feel free to sign up for that here: https://admissionado.com/free-consultat ... sultation/
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 05:29
Nationality: Brazilian (27y)
Undergrad Information: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from a non-top School in Brazil (I considered this to be my weakest point)
(i) Reasonable GPA for Brazilian students
(ii)Elected Finance Director of the academic directory and;
(iii) Career Counseling Program participant (selected by academic performance)
GMAT: 730 expectation (I will apply next month)
Current: I worked as CVC & PE Associate for a big local bank in Latam (Board observer in 2 diff. companies 1. tech startup 2.Public Real estate company) and CFA chaterholder. I'm also act as Professor on the subjects of Portfolio Management for CFA level 1 candidates (spare time). Former (i) Portfolio manager (big bank) ; (ii) Equity Derivatives Trader (global bank); (iii) Global Graduate Analyst (global bank). I worked in london as Global Graduate Analyst (3months)
Leadership/Volunteer Activities
CFA Institute volunteer: financial classes to Federal Police (comparable to FBI or so) (group of ~80 delegates)
CFA Institute volunteer: financial classes to SUSEP (main regulator of insurance market & pension plans in Brazil)
Successfully ran two half marathons
Co-founder of project that promotes digital environment awareness
Volunteer in project that promote financial education in public schools for low-income students

My main doubt is wether my profile is too "conservative" compared with GSB's ideal candidate profile. I am also did not study in college in top B-School in Brazil, playing agaisnt me.
I can give emphasis in my work as CVC demonstrating my engagement with the startup world, but true be spoken I do not have entrepreneurship experience and I did not took too much risk in my career (mainly working in big banks). I would like to hear from you guys opinions/suggestion to improve my application? Maybe a exec course in Stanford might help (specially with education gap) ? Really confuse!
Thank you in advanced!
P

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 08:01
Rcand92,

What do you want to do post-MBA?

Linda

GMAT Club Bot
Re: What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation for Stanford   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2020, 08:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 217 posts ] 

What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation for Stanford

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: erlandgas