GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: What are my chances? Indian female Chartered Accountant, non-tech  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2018, 23:21
Hi guys! Not sure if this is the right place to post. I am relatively new here. So please redirect me to the correct forum if it’s not this one.

I wrote the gmat 2 weeks ago and scored a 710
Break up: Q45(57 percentile) and V41 (94 percentile)

I am happy with the overal score. Wanted everyone’s thoughts on the quant bit though. Is it too low? I’ll give you more of my background below:

Indian Female, Age 25, Chartered Accountant (all levels in first attempt)

GPA: not too sure at the moment (have to check my documents), but above 7.87/10

College: not very well ranked, bachelor in business management, graduated in 2014, managed this while working full time for a big 4 (third year of the three year degree)

Work experience
1) 3 year articleship in a big 4 (tax)
2) 3 months full time post articleship in the same big 4
3) 1 year 3 months in the valuation team of another big 4
4) 7 months at a VC (ongoing, will finish 2 years by the time I intent to join bschool)

Total: 4-5 years depending on if articleship is counted or not

Extracurriculars
- teacher with teach for change (taught a group of underprivileged students and made sure they passed English Toefl level exams to better equip them for jobs)
- miracle manna (orphanage for children where I conducted activities)
- college: editorial team of college newspaper / newsletter
- recently started volunteering with make a wish foundation (hoping this will allow me to take on a more serious role)

Awards
- 1 award during articleship and finalist in 1 competition during articleship

Others
- been actively involved in a business separation legal case - from end to end
- this takes up most of my time outside work

Questions
1) is the quant score low considering I am Indian and I intend to major in finance and probably strategy? How do I make up for it?

(Note: I am not an engineer)

2) what schools seem realistic? Dream? Reach?

3) what’s the job situation in the US?

4) should I consider an MiM over an MBA

5) with the current Gmat score, what kind of scholarships and support can I expect?

6) planning to retake gmat - not very confident about scoring more than this score. Even if quant improves, verbal might drop. What are your thoughts on the score as it is? And in what situation should I accept or reject my next score?
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 02:59
Hello kritikalal

Overall you have a strong profile, but not sure which university you have shortlisted.
Total GMAT score is ok, whether you should re-take it depends on which colleges you are applying to.
1. Quant is certainly a problem, some colleges expect you to have 75-80 percentile in both the sections. Considering your CA background, I assume you can do better in quant.
2. What colleges are realistic for you can be decided only if you mention your future goals. Which country do you wish to study in, where do you wish to work in the future etc?
3. Job situation in US- perhaps only Trump can answer that :-D. It is at least 3 years before you graduate (if you study in US). No one can predict what the situation will be then.
4. MiM vs MBA- Looking at your work ex, go for an MBA.
5. Scholarships- Usually not based on just the GMAT score but overall profile of the applicant. Also it will depend on the college. If your GMAT (710) is much higher than the average GMAT of the college you get admitted to, you may have a chance of scholarship.

All the best.

kritikalal wrote:
Hi guys! Not sure if this is the right place to post. I am relatively new here. So please redirect me to the correct forum if it’s not this one.

I am happy with the overal score. Wanted everyone’s thoughts on the quant bit though. Is it too low? I’ll give you more of my background below:

College: not very well ranked, bachelor in business management, graduated in 2014, managed this while working full time for a big 4 (third year of the three year degree)

Work experience
4) 7 months at a VC (ongoing, will finish 2 years by the time I intent to join bschool)

Extracurriculars
- teacher with teach for change (taught a group of underprivileged students and made sure they passed English Toefl level exams to better equip them for jobs)
- recently started volunteering with make a wish foundation (hoping this will allow me to take on a more serious role)

Awards

Others

Questions
1) is the quant score low considering I am Indian and I intend to major in finance and probably strategy? How do I make up for it?

5) with the current Gmat score, what kind of scholarships and support can I expect?

6) planning to retake gmat - not very confident about scoring more than this score. Even if quant improves, verbal might drop. What are your thoughts on the score as it is? And in what situation should I accept or reject my next score?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 04:40
oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello kritikalal

Overall you have a strong profile, but not sure which university you have shortlisted.
Total GMAT score is ok, whether you should re-take it depends on which colleges you are applying to.
1. Quant is certainly a problem, some colleges expect you to have 75-80 percentile in both the sections. Considering your CA background, I assume you can do better in quant.
2. What colleges are realistic for you can be decided only if you mention your future goals. Which country do you wish to study in, where do you wish to work in the future etc?
3. Job situation in US- perhaps only Trump can answer that :-D. It is at least 3 years before you graduate (if you study in US). No one can predict what the situation will be then.
5. Scholarships- Usually not based on just the GMAT score but overall profile of the applicant. Also it will depend on the college. If your GMAT (710) is much higher than the average GMAT of the college you get admitted to, you may have a chance of scholarship.

All the best.

kritikalal wrote:

Work experience

Extracurriculars

Awards

Others

Questions

Thanks OneMBAcoach.
At this point, my top two schools seem to by NYU and LBS. Columbia and Booth too. Anything specific you can add to your already helpful comment based on the schools?
I am rewriting the GMAT - on May 31 - juggling this with work is NOT going to be easy. So let's see how that goes for me.
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 05:25
Hello kritikalal

All four colleges will definitely expect you to have more balanced scores, 75-80 percentile. Good idea to re-take the GMAT and improve your quant score.
No rocket science here, but your shortlisted colleges see really tough competition, GMAT will be just one part. You will need a very strong application with compelling reasons to get an admit. You will have to stretch a bit to reach these.

All the best.

kritikalal wrote:
oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello kritikalal

All the best.

kritikalal wrote:

Work experience

Extracurriculars

Awards

Others

Questions

Thanks OneMBAcoach.
At this point, my top two schools seem to by NYU and LBS. Columbia and Booth too. Anything specific you can add to your already helpful comment based on the schools?
I am rewriting the GMAT - on May 31 - juggling this with work is NOT going to be easy. So let's see how that goes for me.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 11:41
Hi.

I am an Indian Male Computer Science Engineer with a minor in Business Management just on the verge of completing engineering.

College: Manipal Institute of Technology
GPA: 8.5/10

Internships:

Crypttech, Istanbul ( International Exposure)
Tata Technologies
Cisco

I have a full time offer from Cisco which will start in month of July 2018.

Position of Responsibility :

Vice-President of a club in College.( Led a team of over 100 )
Category Head of the Technical fest ( Led a team of over 150 )
Vice-President of my school.
Organizer of various events held throughout the year
Cisco Intern Ambassador ( Point of contact for over 240 interns selected in Cisco, India )

State-Level Swimmer.
Various prizes in public speaking competitions.
TATA-HITACHI AWARD for excellence in studies and extra-curricular activities.

Failed Startup.

Languages: English, Hindi, Italian, Turkish

I have 2-3 years in hand before I apply for an MBA. Apart from GMAT, what else can I do to make a strong profile ?

P.S My dream college is HBS.
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 12:32
Hello AngadAhuja

Kudos to planning ahead.

After finally deciding to pursue an MBA, the applicant’s first questions are-

· What is the admissions committee looking for?

· How do I improve my profile?

What is the Admissions committee looking for?

Getting into a B-school can sure be daunting. But it is quite simple to break down what the admission committee is looking for in a good candidate.

Admissions in top b-schools happen on basis of GMAT, Essays & Interviews.

A combination of this holy trinity helps the admission committee judge the applicant on primarily six parameters-

1. Academics

2. Work Experience

3. Goal Clarity

4. Diversity

5. Leadership

6. Communication.

You have to be very strong on most of these elements to secure admit. Sure, a weak area in an applicant’s profile may be offset by another very strong element. For instance weak academic record could be offset by a stellar work experience or a strong GMAT score.

However, overall profile of the applicant is very important. No single strong element can decide the outcome of your result. Do not rest on your laurels if you have a strong GMAT or undergraduate degree. At times applicants spend disproportionate time on the GMAT and falter in writing great application essays or become tongue tied in the interviews due to lack of preparation.

Spend equal effort on making each element of your profile strong.

Since it is very difficult to write everything in one post, read on How to improve your profile and Planning an early MBA below-
How to get admission at top B-schools
Planning an mba-Steps to Success

All the best

AngadAhuja wrote:
Hi.

I am an Indian Male Computer Science Engineer with a minor in Business Management just on the verge of completing engineering.

College: Manipal Institute of Technology
GPA: 8.5/10

Internships:

Crypttech, Istanbul ( International Exposure)
Tata Technologies
Cisco

I have a full time offer from Cisco which will start in month of July 2018.

Position of Responsibility :

Vice-President of a club in College.( Led a team of over 100 )
Category Head of the Technical fest ( Led a team of over 150 )
Vice-President of my school.
Organizer of various events held throughout the year
Cisco Intern Ambassador ( Point of contact for over 240 interns selected in Cisco, India )

State-Level Swimmer.
Various prizes in public speaking competitions.
TATA-HITACHI AWARD for excellence in studies and extra-curricular activities.

Failed Startup.

Languages: English, Hindi, Italian, Turkish

I have 2-3 years in hand before I apply for an MBA. Apart from GMAT, what else can I do to make a strong profile ?

P.S My dream college is HBS.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 03:09
Seeking constructive advice here on B-school selection:

Long term goal: Impact social sector landscape in India by leveraging data and technology (AI) towards a more equitable society (focussing on peer to peer skilling for the underprivileged section of the society)
Medium term goal: work in strategy consulting post MBA to develop skills and network that I could take to social sector entrepreneurship

Current:
Total work-ex: 4years and 6 months divided into (from 2013 - till date):
1 year as a software developer in a tech startup (started my career with it)
2 years as a grass-root researcher with the largest non-profit in the world in education
- Independently managed a team of 200-300 grass-root workers and made recommendation on education policies
- Also managed a globally recognized education research for two Indian states
-Travelled over 200,000kms across India as part of my work and have worked in every Indian state

Worked as a freelancer post this for a non-profit startup
- Co-created a design thinking program and scaled it up from impacting 10 schools and about 1000kids to about 60 schools and over 5,000 kids in a span of 8 months.
- Was the tech. and ideation advisor to a participatory policy making tool that is being launched shortly

Currently working (~8months) as a consultant in the 2nd best csr consulting firm in India as a Consultant - working with the M&E team in the role of a data expert. Also undertaking financial responsibility of the Unit in designing strategies and models to increase profitability.

Would have 5 years of work-ex by the time I apply.
Age - 26
GMAT - 780

Extra-curriculars:
1. Assisted a constituency candidate in state elections and helped leverage publicly available data of 4.5 lakh voters to design targetted campaigns
2. Helping a political party design their data driven campaign for a state elections (mining, analysing and strategizing using the data of approx. 200mn. people)

- Selected as a National finalist (amongst 20 people across India) for a nationwide comptt. - idea on education was selected

College-
1. National finalist of a leadership discovery contest (amongst 29 people from over 1.5 lakh across India)
2. Founding team of college Quiz society and founded the college debate society
3. Managed a team of 100 people to organize college cultural fest.

International:
1. Attended a Youth forum in Norway among 450 people from 170 nationalities
2. Invited to attend World Business Dialogue in Germany in 2015
3. Tech. policy making tool reached semi-finals of an international comptt. at ASEAN level - was invited to attend

Background
Indian Male IT engineer, from a Govt. University (non-IIT), CGPA: 7.32/10

Would appreciate your thoughts on my chances in the following colleges:
1. Stanford GSB
2. Wharton
3. INSEAD

Feedback is welcomed!!
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 23:40
Hi neo92,

Great to see your message.

I think you have an excellent profile. You should have a competitive application to the schools you are interested in. You need to do some work to streamline your story - in other words, I would like to know why you did what you did when you did it, and how it ties up with your grand plan. At least with respect to top schools, it is your motivation and passion for make a difference that matters, and the better you are able to communicate this emotion, the stronger your application.

Feel free to get in touch (by scheduling an appointment using the link below) - would love to discuss your profile in a bit more detail.

Regards,
Karthik

neo92 wrote:
Seeking constructive advice here on B-school selection:

Long term goal: Impact social sector landscape in India by leveraging data and technology (AI) towards a more equitable society (focussing on peer to peer skilling for the underprivileged section of the society)
Medium term goal: work in strategy consulting post MBA to develop skills and network that I could take to social sector entrepreneurship

Current:
Total work-ex: 4years and 6 months divided into (from 2013 - till date):
1 year as a software developer in a tech startup (started my career with it)
2 years as a grass-root researcher with the largest non-profit in the world in education
- Independently managed a team of 200-300 grass-root workers and made recommendation on education policies
- Also managed a globally recognized education research for two Indian states
-Travelled over 200,000kms across India as part of my work and have worked in every Indian state

Worked as a freelancer post this for a non-profit startup
- Co-created a design thinking program and scaled it up from impacting 10 schools and about 1000kids to about 60 schools and over 5,000 kids in a span of 8 months.
- Was the tech. and ideation advisor to a participatory policy making tool that is being launched shortly

Currently working (~8months) as a consultant in the 2nd best csr consulting firm in India as a Consultant - working with the M&E team in the role of a data expert. Also undertaking financial responsibility of the Unit in designing strategies and models to increase profitability.

Would have 5 years of work-ex by the time I apply.
Age - 26
GMAT - 780

Extra-curriculars:
1. Assisted a constituency candidate in state elections and helped leverage publicly available data of 4.5 lakh voters to design targetted campaigns
2. Helping a political party design their data driven campaign for a state elections (mining, analysing and strategizing using the data of approx. 200mn. people)

- Selected as a National finalist (amongst 20 people across India) for a nationwide comptt. - idea on education was selected

College-
1. National finalist of a leadership discovery contest (amongst 29 people from over 1.5 lakh across India)
2. Founding team of college Quiz society and founded the college debate society
3. Managed a team of 100 people to organize college cultural fest.

International:
1. Attended a Youth forum in Norway among 450 people from 170 nationalities
2. Invited to attend World Business Dialogue in Germany in 2015
3. Tech. policy making tool reached semi-finals of an international comptt. at ASEAN level - was invited to attend

Background
Indian Male IT engineer, from a Govt. University (non-IIT), CGPA: 7.32/10

Would appreciate your thoughts on my chances in the following colleges:
1. Stanford GSB
2. Wharton
3. INSEAD

Feedback is welcomed!!

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q170 V168
GPA: 3.94
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2018, 08:52
Profile evaluation appreciated!

Basics
Male, 24, White (Ukrainian, Jewish Immigrant —> American Citizen)

Undergrad
Hunter College (Macaulay Honors Program) in City University of New York (CUNY)
Major: Computer Science, Minor: Political Science
GPA: 3.94, GRE: V - 168, Q - 170, AW - 5.5

Awards
- College Valedictorian
- Hertog Scholar
- Goldsmith Scholar

Experience
- Software Engineer at Bloomberg for 3 years (full-time)
- Adjunct Lecturer of CS at Hunter College (part-time in evenings after Bloomberg)
- iOS Developer Intern at Foursquare (full-time summer internship)

Extracurriculars
- hackNY Fellow 2015 and Mentor 2016 & 2017 (Social good + tech organization)
- Moot Court Team Co-founder at Hunter College

Miscellaneous
- Stanford Summer Session Student (GPA: 4.0)
- Technology-based research in (1) Geography lab and (2) Computer Vision/Robotics lab
- Tech projects including MORPG game (college Capstone), un-“filter bubbled” news app (Facebook Journalism Project winner)

Recommenders
- Team Lead at Bloomberg (MBA & MS)
- Assistant Professor of CS at USF (MBA & MS)
- CS Chair at Hunter College (MS only)

Post MBA/MS Goals (Note: I am applying to MBA and MS in CS dual or joint degree programs)
- Globalizing volunteerism across disciplines through a design-thinking, civic-tech based startup
- CTO or Team Lead at self-founded or early stage startup, or Google X
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2018, 10:40
Hello
Kindly evaluate profile.

This is daljeet
indian male
Gmat prepration in progress

Bachelor of ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
7 year experinence of hospital industry (clinical and manegerial)

Extracircular.

Best sportsman of school
Won varoius sports tournaments as caption of school team.
Holds grade certificate from dept. Of sports ,govt of punjab

Prade commander of school team
(participated in prade organised on the eve of indipendance day and republic day by local adminstration with team as prade commander, lead the team in march pass event)

College times
Best athlete of college.
Class representative for my batch .
Member of extracircular activities commitee

As a team member of organising comittee ,organised varoius events in college like annual function, alumini meet.,etc

Caption of bhangra(traditional punabi boys group dance) team.

Others

(Mr singh international is personality and modeling compitation organised by regional tv chennel)

Participated in mr singh international 2009 , reached last round and top six positions.

Participated Mr singh international 2011 as active member of organisation committee.

Organised various blood donation camps with the help of volunteer.

Attended various free medical camps .

Special mention
Participated in emergency medical services as team leader during the visit of President of india to an airforce station.

I was a part of professional dance and dj group as anchor during college days to earn some extra money.

Kindly provide profile evaluation.
Thaks a lot
Regards

Daljeet singh.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2018, 20:38
Hello daljeet6586

It would help further if you can mention more around your work experience, career progression and key achievements at work.
Also, what sort of GMAT score are you expecting?
Lastly, the biggest piece of the puzzle is also missing- what are your career goals and why is an MBA an absolute necessity to reach these goals? Get started by reading more on career goals here.
It is good to have great extracurricular activities (always helps you stand out) but that is not the most critical part (as it seems from your post).
Instead of showcasing a laundry list, focus on a few activities but show depth there. Also you should be careful that you are not sending a lit of mixed messages to the admissions panel, as you need to maintain a cohesive narrative.
You can read here on what matters in a profile for successful admission.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

daljeet6586 wrote:
Hello
Kindly evaluate profile.

This is daljeet
indian male
Gmat prepration in progress

Bachelor of ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
7 year experinence of hospital industry (clinical and manegerial)

Extracircular.

Best sportsman of school
Won varoius sports tournaments as caption of school team.
Holds grade certificate from dept. Of sports ,govt of punjab

Prade commander of school team
(participated in prade organised on the eve of indipendance day and republic day by local adminstration with team as prade commander, lead the team in march pass event)

College times
Best athlete of college.
Class representative for my batch .
Member of extracircular activities commitee

As a team member of organising comittee ,organised varoius events in college like annual function, alumini meet.,etc

Caption of bhangra(traditional punabi boys group dance) team.

Others

(Mr singh international is personality and modeling compitation organised by regional tv chennel)

Participated in mr singh international 2009 , reached last round and top six positions.

Participated Mr singh international 2011 as active member of organisation committee.

Organised various blood donation camps with the help of volunteer.

Attended various free medical camps .

Special mention
Participated in emergency medical services as team leader during the visit of President of india to an airforce station.

I was a part of professional dance and dj group as anchor during college days to earn some extra money.

Kindly provide profile evaluation.
Thaks a lot
Regards

Daljeet singh.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2018, 11:58
Hello Team!
I would be grateful if you could evaluate my profile for Stanford Deferral Program

Personal:
Nationality: Indian

Academics:
Grade 10: 10 CGPA
Grade 12: 97%+ (100% in Mathematics)
CGPA: 8.5 (On 10)
Major: Bachelors in Commerce (Honors) from a Top College in the University of Delhi (Think: SRCC, Hindu)
GMAT: 760 (Q50 V42 IR8)

Internships and Work-Ex:
Interned with a Big 4 in Transaction Advisory
Interned with an ERP Implementation Company in ERP and New Ventures

Leadership and Co-Curricular:
Head of 2 Societies in College. Initiated 2 new activities alongside managing a PAN India level Fest
President at the branch of an International Pro-Bono Consultancy (Operating in 30+ Countries)
Won 3 Competitions (Case study, Strategy and Finance)
Finalist in 3 International Competitions

Projects for NGO's and Startups:
Organisational Restructuring, Impact Measurement and Plan Creation for a Grass Roots NGO
Market Entry for a UN SDG 11 & 13 Complaint Startup

Post MBA Goals:
I want to explore industries as a Consultant for 5-7 years
Post that, I MIGHT want to transition into a tech-backed business on the basis of how my interest shapes up in the next few years
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V39

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 14:19
Hi Everyone,

Was hoping to get your views on my profile for the GSB. Albeit, I will come across as one of those "matured" candidates.

GMAT : 730

Profile:
Nationality: British
Languages: English (Native), Hindi (Native), Tamil (Intermediate), Mandarin (Beginner)

Education
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, First Division, 2003
- Masters in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, 2.1 Degree, 2011
- Certificate in Block Chain Strategy from Oxford University

Work Experience:
- 14 years work ex, all in operations management and consultancy
- 7 years in leadership roles
- International experience (UK, Western Europe, India and Asia Pacific)
- Leading the supply chain consultancy department at my current job, which I have grown from £100k revenue to £2.1m in the last 3 years
- Handling total supply chain spend of over £2b for 4 clients, + CXO level audience
- On the board as a NED for 2 small consultancy firms

Extra- Curricular:
- Represented college at district level cricket
- Currently playing div 3 Middlesex county cricket league
- Working with a couple of international charities in leadership roles

Post-MBA goals:
Entrepreneurship, General Management, Leadership roles in global supply chains

Other Schools: Harvard, Insead, LBS

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 23:41
Hi

Kindly evaluate my profile.

This is daljeet
Indian male 31yr

Graduate in ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
6 year of work ex both in clinical and management role.

Presently working as senior medical coordinator intensive care unit of a multi super specialty hospital.
Excellent growth as compare to peers.

Gmat prepration in progress.

Extracircular.

State level badminton player during school
Holds sports grade certificate from dept of sports govt of punjab.
Prade commander of school unit during prade organised by local adminstration on the eve of independence day and republic day

Best athlete of college
Member of extracircular committee of college
Organised various events like annual function,alum meet ,sports meet etc as part of commitee

Post college

Organising various blood donation camps with the help of volunteers .

Part of organising commitee which organised a regional language tv channel show.

Attended various free medical camps as volunteer .

Part of volunteer group which helping needy people financially for various purpose,my work mostly related to varify medical cases .

Post mba goal
Entreprenaurism

How mba will help
Worked with two mlm companies which failed .
Learned some lessons and came to know that i lacks basic bussines skills.
Mba will help me to gain that knowledge.

Kindly evaluate my profile and give your valuable suggessions.

Regards

Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 23:54
Hello daljeet6586

What is your expected GMAT and what are your short term career goals after ISB?
Entrepreneurship is too broad and an MBA is not a necessity to reach there. You might want to elaborate and show a stronger narrative there.
Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

daljeet6586 wrote:
Hi

Kindly evaluate my profile.

This is daljeet
Indian male 31yr

Graduate in ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
6 year of work ex both in clinical and management role.

Presently working as senior medical coordinator intensive care unit of a multi super specialty hospital.
Excellent growth as compare to peers.

Gmat prepration in progress.

Extracircular.

State level badminton player during school
Holds sports grade certificate from dept of sports govt of punjab.
Prade commander of school unit during prade organised by local adminstration on the eve of independence day and republic day

Best athlete of college
Member of extracircular committee of college
Organised various events like annual function,alum meet ,sports meet etc as part of commitee

Post college

Organising various blood donation camps with the help of volunteers .

Part of organising commitee which organised a regional language tv channel show.

Attended various free medical camps as volunteer .

Part of volunteer group which helping needy people financially for various purpose,my work mostly related to varify medical cases .

Post mba goal
Entreprenaurism

How mba will help
Worked with two mlm companies which failed .
Learned some lessons and came to know that i lacks basic bussines skills.
Mba will help me to gain that knowledge.

Kindly evaluate my profile and give your valuable suggessions.

Regards

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 02:52
Thank you all for sharing your profiles.
I am working as a Digital Marketing Executive at FuGenX Technologies. FuGenX is a leading mobile apps development company.
Android apps development companies Sharjah | Apps development company Sharjah
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2018, 08:22
Background and nationality: Brazilian Female

Undergrad Information: BA in International Relations from top Brazilian University, spent one semester abroad in Mexico (8.4/10 GPA)

GMAT: 730 49Q|40V

Work experience and leadership: helped opening the brazilian office of a tech/fashion startup 2.5y ago (just me + director) and worked on the growth of the office ever since. 2 promotions, currently manage a team of 2 and am the LATAM manager for my area.

Community and others: Red Cross International Volunteer working with refugees, mentoring undergrad students

Post MBA goals: internationalization/business development, transition into social impact

Anything else? Applying in round 1
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 08:42
If You need a great Consulting Service from a person who has 10+ years of Work Ex, currently working with Jamboree as a senior editor and has client admits from Stanford, UC Berkeley, University of Toronto-Rotman, Cornell-Jhonson, Upenn Wharton, UBC, Columbia, UMich Ross, Schulik etc.... Visit Her LinkedIn and send her a message to get a profile evaluation. She charges relatively lower than other top-notch consultancies.

Read the recommendations on her LinkedIn Page
Find Gauri Khatri Senior Editor on Google and visit the LinkedIn Result.

You can call on +91-9315566182 to connect.

Intern
Intern
What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 12:47
Profile:
Nationality: USA
Ethnicity: African American Male
Languages: English (Native), Spanish (Conversational), Portuguese (Beginner)
Education: Bachelors in Business Administration, GPA 3.48 2016
Awards: Academic Excellence Award (Given to 1 student each major across university, I received it for accounting major)
GMAT : 710

Work Experience:
- 2 yrs @ Deloitte in their technology consulting practice. Leadership roles on projects, and proposals. 1 promotion analyst to consultant. I've been a mentor for 5+ new staff and led some office volunteering events, and started a pro bono consulting project
- 2 months @ Walmart Labs/Ecommerce as a product manager. Plan on applying at 1.5 yr mark.
- Internships - Goldman Sachs in middle office finance role

Extra- Curricular:
Undergrad - 2 yrs Non-Profit Consulting Club (1yr as a lead, 1 yr on the board), VP of Honors Business Society in inaugural yr, 1.5 yrs research assistant for org. behavior professor, 2 yrs D1 athlete (Walk-on, gained scholarship)
Postgrad - Local office leadership at work & started local non-profit consulting project in office and served as project manager.

Post-MBA goals:
Entrepreneurship, High Tech, VC, Impact focused consulting (ex. IDEO, Bridgespan, Bill & Melinda Gates)

Other Schools: Harvard, MIT

Thinking about using MLT to help with application process. Not currently doing much extracurricular mostly focusing on self growth ex. Muy Thai, Travel, Music, Practicing languages etc. Will this hurt me? I was hoping the 2 yrs undergrad and 2 yrs post grad and goals would be enough for impact/extra stuff.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stanford '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.34
What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 04:49
Hi

Please help me evaluate my profile.

Gmat: 690 (V35, Q49)

Thinking of retaking the GMAT

Graduation: BTech(Electronics and Communication),
GPA: 8.74/10 Not sure how to convert to scale of 4. Do we directly convert or the way it is in GMAT website

Almost 7 years of experience in Software Industry

Work Exp: 5 years in TCS, 2 years in British Telecom

I am learning bharatnatyam, level 2 in reiki(if these can add any values to profile).
Organized various events in college.
Presented paper in IEEE.

Have suffered a major setback in my life in 2017. Would mentioning that add value or will become negative.

Honest Feedback please.
GMAT Club Bot
What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 02 Sep 2018, 04:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 61 posts ] 

What are my chances? - Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap