Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: Stanford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi fairplay01,

Thank you for sharing. Regarding your GMAT concerns, the IR score is important, though it isn't the most critical data point. Remember that, while they are a key application component, test scores are not the be-all and end-all. If you are happy with your 710, I would not worry too much about IR. That said the class of 2022 average GMAT score for Stanford GSB was 733. Plus, given your academic background, you may want to score higher to outweigh your undergrad performance if you feel it was "very average."

In terms of your career, everyone has a story to tell. While you have your work cut out for you to distinguish yourself from your peers in your applications since you come from a consulting background, we encourage you to show the admissions committee how you will make the business world better when you finish your MBA. Business schools also want to know how you plan on leaving your unique mark. Check out our blog post on articulating your personal story to learn more!

Thinking about extracurriculars, they are a good way for you to show another side of your profile and help highlight what has defined you and why you have made specific choices. Look for an organization where you can step up, or explore options to expand your role at an existing organization. If you are planning on applying in round 1, the time to boost your extracurriculars may be limited, of course. We would be happy to discuss your strategy and timeline with you in more detail.

Personal MBA Coach can provide you with personal one-on-one support through the entire process! Visit our comprehensive services and feel free to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com to find out how we can help maximize your chances of success.

Regards,
Personal MBA Coach

fairplay01 wrote:
Hi! I'm planning to apply for fall next year or the year after, hoping mainly to build my profile - would appreciate it if anyone can give me any advice:

Background and nationality: 26 years old, Chinese male, one of the Southeast Asian countries
Undergrad Information: University College London, Engineering (second class upper)
GMAT: Second take 710 (V36 Q50), IR 5 (just took today, might cancel and retake); Cancelled first take 690 (V37 Q48), IR 5
Work experience and leadership: 1 year in my country's sovereign fund (PE and equity research analyst roles), before working in a non-MBB (non-big4 either) as a junior strategy consultant. Also, I was my ex-Prime Minister's intern for 2 months in university days not sure how much will this info help.
Community and others: None at the moment. Used to represent my uni for archery in a competition or two. Was a national Scrabble player up to 18 years old. Also was a volunteer tutor + helped a rural community build a house (literally) when I was 18. Was an assistant Karate coach for young children for a while during weekends.
Post MBA goals: Either entrepreneurship or work in VC, with a focus on fintech perhaps. Still not entirely sure about motivation for a MBA at the moment - for now it's mainly the prestige.
Anything else? First-gen, secured full scholarship for my entire undergrad, interned at multiple consulting firms and a renowned local PE firm. I also travelled to 20 countries in university not sure if that helps.
Schools I am planning to apply to: HWS, MIT, Columbia

Personal thoughts on my strengths and weaknesses in profile:
Pros:
- First-gen student, strong extracurriculars when I was 18 (lol) so I guess I can spin the story of me coming from a poor background (e.g. became a national scrabble player at 16 at a Chinese school) and self-made
- Full scholarship record

Cons:
- Career is not exceptional (sovereign fund for a year, then strategy at Tier 2 not Tier 1)
- Very average academics (2:1, below average GMAT of 710)
- Feels like my extracurriculars weren't too impressive after 18 years old

Was hoping to obtain advice on: 1. should I cancel my GMAT scores in the next 72 hours (noting that my IR was 5), 2. anything that stands out, and what can I possibly do in the meantime to boost my profile) 3. Grades - not sure if that would be a little bit of a disadvantage as a Southeast Asian male consultant.

Thanks in advance!
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Stanford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
fairplay01:

Responding to your questions:

1. should I cancel my GMAT scores in the next 72 hours (noting that my IR was 5),

A: No, keep it. It's a good score. You can (and probably should) retake the exam, but the 710 is solid. The school will count your highest score so make sure you establish a strong floor.

2. anything that stands out, and what can I possibly do in the meantime to boost my profile)

A: It really depends if you are applying in the fall or the next year. I would recommend the latter for a variety of reasons. If that's the case, you can think about how to build out your ECs and get more involved, especially now that we're (hopefully) coming out of this pandemic and opportunities will be more available.

3. Grades - not sure if that would be a little bit of a disadvantage as a Southeast Asian male consultant.

A: There really is not much you can do about your grades. The cake is baked. A stronger GMAT score and a well-put together appplication is all you can do to mitigate what you perceive to be a subpar GPA. An extra year of work experience will also take the weight of your GPA slightly. The more work experience you have, the less important GPA is, generally speaking.

Please sign up for a free consultation if you are in the market for consulting services and believe we can be of assistance to you.

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
Send PM
Background
- Age 24
- Swiss (born to 1st Gen immigrant parents)
- First to attend uni in my family

Education
- BA in Business Administration from Uni St. Gallen (top tier business school in DACH region), 3.7 GPA
- Co-published paper based on my thesis alongside supervisor and professor

Exam results
- GMAT 760 (V49, Q47, IR 8, AWA not yet received)
- TOEFL: (not yet taken) Aiming for 115-120

Work Experience - Part-Time during Uni (~2 years part-time)
1. Internship at Marketing Association
2. Research Assistant at Uni
3. Various smaller jobs with some leadership experience

Work Experience - Full-Time after Uni (1 year at application)
1. Big4 consulting internship (6 mo)
2. In-house strategy at prestigious bulge bracket bank (6 mo)
3. Recently started tech startup with friends

Extracurricular
- Elected representative of my cohort in student parliament
- Member of appointments committee for 3 professorships

Post MBA Goals
- Continue work on startup if it works out
- Otherwise go into MBB consulting

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and advice
Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I think you have a great profile and a decent chance.
I'm sure some people will comment on your below average work experience but... GSB likes people with your profile.
Of course you also need strong essays :)

Good luck! Feel free to reach out if you need any help
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB'22 (S)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello everyone, I have been working on my profile for a long time, and getting into an MBA program at one of the top most reputed universities has been my ambition for a long time. Looking to receive a constructive & honest evaluation of my profile.

Background, nationality and undergrad information:
- 28, Male, Indian
- Bachelors in Commerce - Computers from a recognised university (Osmania University) in the country - Scored 78%

GRE: 337

Work experience and leadership: Total of 7+ years
1 year - Product role at a Consumer-tech Startup (latest stint)
1.5 years - Product Lead at an NGO : built e-learning modules that is spanned across 98 countries
2.5 years - Founder of a Social Impact Consulting Firm
1.5 years - Industrial/Management Trainee - Internal Audit at an Indian conglomerate
1 year - Product role at an e-commerce startup

Certifications -
1. Product Management from ISB
2. Design Thinking from Darden School of Business
3. Essentials of Corporate Financial Analysis & Decision Making Capstone from University of Melbourne

Community and Others:
- Kalinga Fellowship : Led the Digital Awareness Team and worked on conceptualizing the first truly multi-sector information sharing platform along with the strategic partners: IBM & Traffik Analysis Hub.
- Trained 100+ Telangana State Police officials on the strengthening of the 33 Anti-Human Trafficking Units (AHTUs) in the State in collaboration with the Women Safety Wing and Retired officials of Telangana Police & Government
- Led on-field research team on landscape analysis on online sexual exploitation - A research project funded The Children's Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)

Post MBA goals:
Product Management at fast-paced startups/ companies like Google, Meta, Amazon.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all,

I am hoping to apply to Stanford for 2024 entry and want to see what you guys think of my profile :) please be as honest as possible

Background and nationality

Born and brought up in Nepal, although of Indian descent (can choose to not disclose).
Went to India for high school but schooling upto GCSEs was in Nepal.

Undergrad Information:

Top 10 U.K. uni with a BSc in economics and politics. Got a first class honours which I believe is between a 3.7 and 4.0 GPA

GMAT: aiming to get 750+ (currently scoring 740 on practice tests)

Work experience and leadership:

A summer internship with an economic policy think tank based out of South Africa - worked on social protection policy during COVID-19

A summer internship with JP Morgan Chase London in the payments division (think fintech), got a return offer but didn’t really like the role

Spent 6 months at PwC london as a management consultant but wanted to try strategy which was not an option in my role

Moved to Mckinsey (this point was around 8 months after graduation) - been here as a BA and will complete around 2.5 years by 2024

Total work experience - 3+ years

Community and others
Leadership roles in 3 societies during university including one where I got clients for a student consultancy (included Forbes 30 under 30 founders, etc) + presented an undergrad paper at a conference + heavily involved in minority recruiting at mck + online mentoring and coaching for aspiring mck applicants (I love doing this and hope to build this out formally before I apply - think insta/LinkedIn page)

Post MBA goals
Entrepreneurship - one of the main reasons why GSB is my goal.

Anything else?
Raised around $500k for the Nepal earthquake via twitter when I was only 14 years old - personal appreciation by the then president of Nepal

Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
gg2022:

You are in a good position to apply next year for admission starting in 2024. A few things you need to do:

1. Get that solid GMAT score! Glad to see you scoring that highly on the practice tests. If need be, take it a second time assuming you don't meet your ceiling.

2. Build out your extracurricular activities/leadership over the next 9+ months. You have some good accomplishments but they could be better.

3. It's early - so you have time - but refine your career goal. Entrepreneurship in and of itself is not a goal. You need have a clear vision for what kind of enterprise you want to build. You also need a short-term goal that may not necessarily be building your own company. Yes, GSB is a good fit, but you will need to be extremely specific about how the tools, resources, classes, etc. at GSB will align with your career goal.

If you are interested in seeking professional help, we offer an Advanced Planning Program which is a great way to get help early with profile development/enhancement.

https://admissionado.com/mba/mba-advanc ... g-program/

If you are looking to get a leg up on applying, you can always sign up for one of our packages (at a discount) and take advantage of time with a consultant of your choosing!

Let us know,
Admissioando
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Buggzygoonk wrote:
Background
- Age 24
- Swiss (born to 1st Gen immigrant parents)
- First to attend uni in my family

Education
- BA in Business Administration from Uni St. Gallen (top tier business school in DACH region), 3.7 GPA
- Co-published paper based on my thesis alongside supervisor and professor

Exam results
- GMAT 760 (V49, Q47, IR 8, AWA not yet received)
- TOEFL: (not yet taken) Aiming for 115-120

Work Experience - Part-Time during Uni (~2 years part-time)
1. Internship at Marketing Association
2. Research Assistant at Uni
3. Various smaller jobs with some leadership experience

Work Experience - Full-Time after Uni (1 year at application)
1. Big4 consulting internship (6 mo)
2. In-house strategy at prestigious bulge bracket bank (6 mo)
3. Recently started tech startup with friends

Extracurricular
- Elected representative of my cohort in student parliament
- Member of appointments committee for 3 professorships

Post MBA Goals
- Continue work on startup if it works out
- Otherwise go into MBB consulting

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and advice
Thank you

Hey, First of all, I will start by appreciating your profile and academic achievements that you have achieved both in terms of your GPA and your various test scores!

Let me tell you that your GPA of 3.7 is good enough to get you into top B schools, Your GMAT score is your game changer, as a score of 760 is an excellent one! I would suggest you give IELTS as your English proficiency test as it is the most acceptable and popular one to study abroad.

Coming to your work experience is a cherry on top as you have gained relevant work experience in marketing, consulting, and research assistance which would help you a lot to get into top B schools with such an amazing CV. You starting a start-up with your friends also demonstrate your leadership skills and potential.

Here is a list of B- Schools you can go for -

Harvard University
INSEAD,
Stanford University,
HEC Paris
University of Chicago,
Columbia University,
MIT Sloan,
and London Business School.

I hope this helps!

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs, and other application processes.
We have helped over 5000 students get admitted into their dream schools.
If you would like, we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this call, you will be getting the following:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rishabh97 wrote:
Hi
I'm from India with an Engineering background working for a health care startup for the last 2 years and with 2 promotions to Area Manager in these two years.

Educational Background:

B. Tech- 82%
10+2- 92.4%
10- 84%

Please help me with the score that I should target to get into top B-schools with better scholarship

Extra Achievements:
Working for NGO (Chezuba) science July-20
Six Sigma Foundation
Business Analytics Certificate

Please let me know if any other information is needed.
Thanks in advance.

Hey, your profile looks pretty decent to me, you have an excellent academic record, plus you have gained two years of work experience, which is a necessary criterion for most of the B- Schools abroad. Your extra achievements, like working for an NGO, would definitely help you and give you an edge over other applicants as most universities abroad look for such social work and NGO experiences apart from your skills-specific internships and jobs.

Coming to the score you should target in GMAT, I would say it purely depends on the Universities you are targeting, in case you are targeting top universities abroad, you should aim for nothing less than 720 in GMAT.

Here is a list of B- Schools you can go for -

Harvard University
INSEAD,
Stanford University,
HEC Paris
University of Chicago,
Columbia University,
MIT Sloan,
and London Business School.

You can also go for MBA with Healthcare management as your specialization due to your past experiences. However, here’s a list of some other top specializations -
Finance.
Marketing.
International Business.
Information Technology.
Information Security.
Human Resources.
Strategic management.
Real Estate.

I hope this helps!

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs, and other application processes.
If you would like, we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
sachinparanjape wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian male with 9.5 years work experience (will have 10 by the time I join college). Stanford is my first choice.

Undergrad: IIT Roorkee, 2008

Company 1: Tata Steel for 3 Years
Company 2: Teach For India for 7 Years
Currently serving as a Director of Program Implementation for seven regions. In the previous role, was leading the program for entire region impacting 220 teachers and 9000 children. Found an organization in 2011 while teaching that is now impacting 6600 children across 4 cities in India.

GMAT: 710

GPA: 6.9 on the scale of 10

Can you evaluate my profile? Would love to hear thoughts/feedback.

Let me start by saying that you have a great working experience not only in terms of its duration but also in the quality of work. The impact you have created in society through your work is appreciable. Your teaching and impacting so many children’s lives would set your CV apart from other applicants and help you crack the admissions process of top B- Schools abroad.

Coming to your academic record, you have graduated from one of the most prestigious institutions in India. Your GPA is decent enough, and you need not worry about it, as your work experience and test scores will compensate for your GPA.
Now let’s talk about your GMAT score, which is good enough to admit you to top B- Schools abroad, including your dream school Stanford.

Here I am listing the basic eligibility criteria for admission at Stanford for an MBA program -

Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree, which is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree in any field
A two-year master’s degree following the three-year bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
English proficiency test scores - minimum 100/120 TOEFL, 7/9 IELTS.
Minimum Two LORs to be submitted
730 GMAT score preferably
Average work experience of around five years.

I would suggest you go for Stanford as you stand a pretty good chance; however, top B- schools' acceptance rate is pretty low, so you should also apply to other universities like Harvard, MIT, and HEC Paris as a backup.

I hope this helps!

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
gg2022 wrote:
Hi all,

I am hoping to apply to Stanford for 2024 entry and want to see what you guys think of my profile :) please be as honest as possible

Background and nationality

Born and brought up in Nepal, although of Indian descent (can choose to not disclose).
Went to India for high school but schooling upto GCSEs was in Nepal.

Undergrad Information:

Top 10 U.K. uni with a BSc in economics and politics. Got a first class honours which I believe is between a 3.7 and 4.0 GPA

GMAT: aiming to get 750+ (currently scoring 740 on practice tests)

A summer internship with an economic policy think tank based out of South Africa - worked on social protection policy during COVID-19

A summer internship with JP Morgan Chase London in the payments division (think fintech), got a return offer but didn’t really like the role

Spent 6 months at PwC london as a management consultant but wanted to try strategy which was not an option in my role

Moved to Mckinsey (this point was around 8 months after graduation) - been here as a BA and will complete around 2.5 years by 2024

Total work experience - 3+ years

Community and others
Leadership roles in 3 societies during university including one where I got clients for a student consultancy (included Forbes 30 under 30 founders, etc) + presented an undergrad paper at a conference + heavily involved in minority recruiting at mck + online mentoring and coaching for aspiring mck applicants (I love doing this and hope to build this out formally before I apply - think insta/LinkedIn page)

Post MBA goals
Entrepreneurship - one of the main reasons why GSB is my goal.

Anything else?
Raised around $500k for the Nepal earthquake via twitter when I was only 14 years old - personal appreciation by the then president of Nepal

Hey, Let me start by acknowledging that your academic record is excellent; you were not only admitted to a top university for your undergraduate but also scored a GPA of 3.7, which is a perfect score to get admitted to top B-Schools abroad.

Looking at your GMAT practice test scores, you are most likely to score 730 plus, which is more than enough to get admission to Stanford or any top B school, for that matter! Keep on practicing so that you don’t lose the right track.

Now, Let us discuss your admission chances. You not only have a high GMAT, GPA but a good amount of work experience with some top firms and companies abroad like McKinsey and JP Morgan. However, note Stanford requires a minimum of four years of work experience to apply there, so I suggest you keep this factor in mind before applying.

Here is a list of some other TOP B SCHOOLS IN THE US with the average work experience required -

Wharton - 5 years minimum
Harvard Business School - 4.3 years
Booth School of Business - 5 years
Kellogg Management - 4.2 years
MIT Sloan - 4.9 years.

I hope this helps; apply to all top B schools without any doubt to keep your options open!

We can help you with essays, SOPs, and other application processes if you would like.
We can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience if you would like.
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Please Evaluate my profile and any feedback would be nice

Male based in Dallas, Texas

Background and nationality: Age 32 & African

Undergrad Information: Undergraduate GPA in Mechanical Engineering: 2.9 but Graduate School GPA in :3.9

GRE: 324

Overall experience: Operations/Engineering for about 8 years
Previous experience: Supply Chain Manager/Manufacturing Manager/Quality Engineering/Technical program Manager (Fortune 500 Companies)
Current Experience: Senior Program Manager Faang
Got promoted in current company in less than a year
Promoted twice in previous company and was there for 5 years

Undergrad: Researcher at Robotics Lab, Academic Tutor and Financial Chair on National Society of Black Engineers. Multiple internships at Top companies.

Currently: Official paid mentor selected by current company to mentor high school & college students, Appointed-President of Employee Resource Group at Current job, Business Round Table Speaker-Go to high schools in surrounding areas to enlighten Kids on STEM and also tutor some STEM courses. Working in program in Dallas community with under privileged kids in alternative high schools to put them on the right path. Lead a Teenage program assisting college and high school students with mentorship, college admission, scholarships etc. President of National Society of Black Engineers Professional Chapter

Post MBA goals - VC and Start Ups

Anything else?
Certification-PMP, AWS Solutions Architect Associate , AWS Solutions Architect Professional & Az900
Awards & Recognition: Manager of the Quarter Award & Leadership Awards
Excellent Performer ratings at work
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Strawhat1989 wrote:
Please Evaluate my profile and any feedback would be nice

Male based in Dallas, Texas

Background and nationality: Age 32 & African

Undergrad Information: Undergraduate GPA in Mechanical Engineering: 2.9 but Graduate School GPA in :3.9

GRE: 324

Overall experience: Operations/Engineering for about 8 years
Previous experience: Supply Chain Manager/Manufacturing Manager/Quality Engineering/Technical program Manager (Fortune 500 Companies)
Current Experience: Senior Program Manager Faang
Got promoted in current company in less than a year
Promoted twice in previous company and was there for 5 years

Undergrad: Researcher at Robotics Lab, Academic Tutor and Financial Chair on National Society of Black Engineers. Multiple internships at Top companies.

Currently: Official paid mentor selected by current company to mentor high school & college students, Appointed-President of Employee Resource Group at Current job, Business Round Table Speaker-Go to high schools in surrounding areas to enlighten Kids on STEM and also tutor some STEM courses. Working in program in Dallas community with under privileged kids in alternative high schools to put them on the right path. Lead a Teenage program assisting college and high school students with mentorship, college admission, scholarships etc. President of National Society of Black Engineers Professional Chapter

Post MBA goals - VC and Start Ups

Anything else?
Certification-PMP, AWS Solutions Architect Associate , AWS Solutions Architect Professional & Az900
Awards & Recognition: Manager of the Quarter Award & Leadership Awards
Excellent Performer ratings at work

Hey Strawhat1989,

Let me start by saying that you have a decent profile. An undergrad GPA of 2.9 has kept you on the edge of being a high achiever. But it has been compensated with your excellent graduate school GPA of 3.9. That’s a huge leap, which schools prefer. But, here I couldn't make out your school’s name since you’ve mentioned that it’s a top school in your country then I am hoping it has a brand name.

Now, the majority of the focus will be on the work front as it has 30% of the weightage over here, and with the experience you have, schools will be expecting the same. Your profile needs quantification so try putting in numbers, let’s say you're leading teams out there, maybe 10 or 15 people. This will also showcase your leadership abilities. If you're working in the operations department, engineering department, or a technical profile, you can always mention the efficiency improvements and manpower reductions, let’s say - you were able to complete projects in a “limited amount of time”.

Apart from that, if you have international exposure or clients you've been working for, you can definitely quantify that as well. I was not able to see many of the business-oriented courses or certifications in your profile so adding some strategy, or management-based ones will surely have an impact on how good your organisational skills are and how well you have a holistic profile.

Your extra-correct profile in terms of your social work seems decent. But, just to strengthen that, I suggest you work with some NGOs and gain some volunteering experience.

As your undergrad GPA might be a little cumbersome so you need to have good reasoning for that because it might be a hurdle if you are aiming for certain schools.

I highly appreciate that GRE score of 324 as it's a big highlight, so I would suggest you look at schools like:

1. Tuck (USA)
2. Duke (USA)
3. Cornell (USA)
4. HEC Paris (France)
5. INSEAD (France)
6. WHU (Germany)
7. Mannheim (Germany)

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a FREE consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a FREE consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

a). Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b). Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c). Timeline for your Applications

d). 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

97% Success Rate | 5000+ Admits in Top Schools | 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Strawhat1989:

Overall, solid profile. As you know, your undergraduate GPA could be a problem. With other schools, it might not matter nearly as much since you have a strong GRE and other credentials to support your candidacy. The problem with Stanford GSB is that the margin for error is razor thin. That's not to say you won't or can't get in, but GPA can sometimes be a difficult hurdle to pass since the school is trying to keep its median/mean at a relatively high level. Plus, the school has its pick of the litter so why would they need to dip down for you? They might, but you have to make the argument that you offer something different.

We agree with the previous post that you should apply to GSB but also consider other programs. It's the smart thing to do.

If my team or I can be of help, please reach out for a free consultation using this link:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Background: 25F Indian
Undergrad: tier 1 Indian University (IIT), gpa 8.74/10.0 ~3.9/4.0 (according to WES)
GRE: 333 (170 Q, 163V) valid till 2026
Graduate: top 20 universities in USA (environmental management), will graduate in 2024, sem 1 gpa 3.8 hope to maintain the same or above
Work ex: 3 years in Oil and Gas as environment engineer, 1 promotion, not a business or operations centric role but great leadership initiatives
ECs: volunteered at a student run NGO for 4 years during undergrad, currently on grad student government
Why MBA: transition to climate tech/energy finance
Hoping to apply for MBA after working for a couple of years after graduation. I believe that my profile is pretty strong academics wise, but I need to improve my work ex. Any advice on improving my overall profile?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
ShreyaPatel11 wrote:
Background: 25F Indian
Undergrad: tier 1 Indian University (IIT), gpa 8.74/10.0 ~3.9/4.0 (according to WES)
GRE: 333 (170 Q, 163V) valid till 2026
Graduate: top 20 universities in USA (environmental management), will graduate in 2024, sem 1 gpa 3.8 hope to maintain the same or above
Work ex: 3 years in Oil and Gas as environment engineer, 1 promotion, not a business or operations centric role but great leadership initiatives
ECs: volunteered at a student run NGO for 4 years during undergrad, currently on grad student government
Why MBA: transition to climate tech/energy finance
Hoping to apply for MBA after working for a couple of years after graduation. I believe that my profile is pretty strong academics wise, but I need to improve my work ex. Any advice on improving my overall profile?

Hey ShreyaPatel11,

Your profile is strong academically, with a top tier undergraduate degree from an IIT and a good GPA. The GRE score of 333 is also impressive and the environmental management graduate degree from a top 20 university in the USA further adds to your profile. Your work experience in the oil and gas industry as an environmental engineer, with promotion and leadership initiatives, showcases your ability to perform in a professional setting. Your volunteer work at an NGO during undergrad and involvement in grad student government highlight your leadership and community engagement skills.

To further improve your profile for MBA, consider acquiring more relevant work experience in the climate tech/energy finance field, which you aspire to transition to. Networking with industry professionals and participating in relevant events can help you gain insight into the industry and expand your professional network. Also, developing specific, quantifiable goals and achievements in your current work role can demonstrate your impact and potential for future growth.

Based on your profile, you may consider applying to the following top business schools for MBA:

1. Harvard Business School
2. Stanford Graduate School of Business
3. Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
4. MIT Sloan School of Management
5. University of Chicago Booth School of Business
6. Columbia Business School
7. Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
8. Duke Fuqua School of Business
9. UC Berkeley Haas School of Business
10. New York University Stern School of Business

Note: These are top-ranked MBA programs and a strong candidate pool. While your profile aligns well with the requirements of these schools, the competitiveness of the admission process will depend on several other factors such as your essays, recommendation letters, and interviews.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to setup a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 30 Jan 2023, 02:52.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 08 Feb 2023, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   
Moderators:
Stanford and Tuck Moderator
57 posts
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts