GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 19:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 02:51
Hi Guys, I have a query regarding the referee's submission. My referee has received a mail stating that the last date for submission is 07th Feb. However, since the deadline for the programme is 31st Jan, so does my referee has to submit recommendation before 31st Jan or he can submit it even after deadlines???

Also is the deadline 31st Jan 12 PM Singapore Time??
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V34
CAT Tests
Re: Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 04:03
Nicky14 wrote:
Hi Guys, I have a query regarding the referee's submission. My referee has received a mail stating that the last date for submission is 07th Feb. However, since the deadline for the programme is 31st Jan, so does my referee has to submit recommendation before 31st Jan or he can submit it even after deadlines???

If I am not wrong, the referee report must be submitted for the application to be considered complete. Hence, if he submits its later, it will get pushed to R2 instead of R1.
Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 19:49
Nicky14 wrote:

Hi Nicky14,

Ideally, a recommendation must be submitted before the application deadline. However, often schools understand that the recommendation is dependent on a third person; hence, they allow the referee an extension.

In this case, considering the school has specified a deadline, it should be fine even if your recommendation is submitted by the 7th of February.

All the best!
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 02:42
Hello,

I request for inputs on my chances of admission in NUS.

I'm considering to apply in NUS in R2 stage. I'm an Indian male having a 680 (Q48, V34) GMAT score and nearly 6 years of work experience.

My work experience comprises of 2 years in a global corporation as a civil engineer and nearly 4 years in my family business as a manager. More than my low GMAT, I'm unsure about how the admission committee will perceive my work experience in my family business.

Kindly help. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 02:47
Hi
I applied to nus 2 years back with entrepreneurship background starting own business (no family run). However after 2 weeks of submission nus team contacted me for referee employment id card. I told them in business there is no employment referee as I had submitted a reference from client and business advisor. Nus rejected me a day after this reply from me.
Hence I would advice talk to nus first before applying or you would waste time like I did

All the best

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 02:57
saadim wrote:
Hi
I applied to nus 2 years back with entrepreneurship background starting own business (no family run). However after 2 weeks of submission nus team contacted me for referee employment id card. I told them in business there is no employment referee as I had submitted a reference from client and business advisor. Nus rejected me a day after this reply from me.
Hence I would advice talk to nus first before applying or you would waste time like I did

All the best

Thanks for your response.

I have a couple of questions based on your reply. What is referee employment id card? And how to reach out to NUS to check my doubts with them?
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 03:04
Contact them directly. The impression I got from nus was they are not receptive to entrepreneurs as they dont understand business background. Hence they require regular employee card as part of reference. Some universities do this hkust being one also.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 04:55
Can someone please help me with profile evaluation for NUS?

X CGPA 9.0
XII 80.6%
GMAT 650 Q49 V28 IR 5.0

I completed engineering in 2016 with aggregate 73.85%
For the last 2 years I am working in capgemini as a senior software engineer.

I am also working for WeCare, a group of capgemini which works for various NGOs.

I was a member of school council.

I have participated in various singing competitions also a singer of TGIM group in capgemini.
Won Project Star award for excellency in customer Delivery in Capgemini.

Got appreciation from client.

Managed a project exhibition in college.

Responsible for managing KTs essions to juniors in office.

S

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 22:30
suramya26 wrote:
Can someone please help me with profile evaluation for NUS?

X CGPA 9.0
XII 80.6%
GMAT 650 Q49 V28 IR 5.0

I completed engineering in 2016 with aggregate 73.85%
For the last 2 years I am working in capgemini as a senior software engineer.

I am also working for WeCare, a group of capgemini which works for various NGOs.

I was a member of school council.

I have participated in various singing competitions also a singer of TGIM group in capgemini.
Won Project Star award for excellency in customer Delivery in Capgemini.

Got appreciation from client.

Managed a project exhibition in college.

Responsible for managing KTs essions to juniors in office.

Hello suramya26,

Hope this finds you well.

The awards, as well as KT sessions, will help add much value to your overall profile. The extra-curricular activities also look fine, if not stellar. While the various facets of your profile can be portrayed in a powerful manner through a set of well-written essays, the real concern is your GMAT score as it is well under the average for an Indian candidate. Thus, to stand a competitive chance, we suggest that you re-take the GMAT and apply with an improved score.

All the best!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 22:26
Hi, I would like to know my chances of getting an interview call. Please evaluate my profile below. Thank You!

Background and nationality
Indian, Male (27). Architectural Engineer & Urban Planner

Undergraduation - [2009-2013] B.Tech Architectural Engineering, SRM University, Chennai (GPA - 7.52/10.0)
Post Graduation - [2015-2017] Masters in Urban & Regional Planning, CEPT University, Ahmedabad (GPA - 2.8/4.0)
GMAT: 640 ( Q47 V31)

Work Exp. (close to 4 years as of August 2019)
Senior Architect, Project IIT Hyderabad – Permanent Campus Construction, Larsen & Toubro (2013-2015), Hyderabad
Was the sole on-site architect for a 540 acre campus. Involved in various functions as a site architect including compliance with GRIHA as well as contractual terms & conditions, construction drawing analysis and coordination, client and vendor communication, preparation of micro schedules, daily progress reports (DPR) and contractual letters.

Assistant Professor, Department of Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture & Fine Arts University (JNAFAU) (2017- Present), Hyderabad
Currently teach real estate management, physical planning, traffic studies and co-head a rural development studio for 4 terms in undergraduate and postgraduate levels having a combined strength of 240 students

Community and extra curriculars
1. Freelanced a lakefront design for a lake rejuvenation project (Mission Kakatiya)
2. Made short films on social awareness issues like Swacch Bharat and clinical depression.
3. Organised a food stall for 10 days during Navratri 2016
4. Was the head student placement coordinator for my cohort of 114.
5. Current coordinator for Postgraduation dissertation committee.

Anything else?
1. An avid photographer.
2. Electric vehicles –My childhood interest in automobiles has evolved into electric vehicles. Currently working on retrofitting an old Bajaj scooter with an electric drivetrain.
3. Hydroponics – The art of growing greens without soil and only water. A very recent hobby. Still cultivating!
4. DIY Stuff
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 05:35
chaitu2424 wrote:
Hi, I would like to know my chances of getting an interview call. Please evaluate my profile below. Thank You!

Background and nationality
Indian, Male (27). Architectural Engineer & Urban Planner

Undergraduation - [2009-2013] B.Tech Architectural Engineering, SRM University, Chennai (GPA - 7.52/10.0)
Post Graduation - [2015-2017] Masters in Urban & Regional Planning, CEPT University, Ahmedabad (GPA - 2.8/4.0)
GMAT: 640 ( Q47 V31)

Work Exp. (close to 4 years as of August 2019)
Senior Architect, Project IIT Hyderabad – Permanent Campus Construction, Larsen & Toubro (2013-2015), Hyderabad
Was the sole on-site architect for a 540 acre campus. Involved in various functions as a site architect including compliance with GRIHA as well as contractual terms & conditions, construction drawing analysis and coordination, client and vendor communication, preparation of micro schedules, daily progress reports (DPR) and contractual letters.

Assistant Professor, Department of Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture & Fine Arts University (JNAFAU) (2017- Present), Hyderabad
Currently teach real estate management, physical planning, traffic studies and co-head a rural development studio for 4 terms in undergraduate and postgraduate levels having a combined strength of 240 students

Community and extra curriculars
1. Freelanced a lakefront design for a lake rejuvenation project (Mission Kakatiya)
2. Made short films on social awareness issues like Swacch Bharat and clinical depression.
3. Organised a food stall for 10 days during Navratri 2016
4. Was the head student placement coordinator for my cohort of 114.
5. Current coordinator for Postgraduation dissertation committee.

Anything else?
1. An avid photographer.
2. Electric vehicles –My childhood interest in automobiles has evolved into electric vehicles. Currently working on retrofitting an old Bajaj scooter with an electric drivetrain.
3. Hydroponics – The art of growing greens without soil and only water. A very recent hobby. Still cultivating!
4. DIY Stuff

First and foremost, retake the GMAT and aim for a 700+ score. If you are aiming for R2 on March 31st, I would recommend you wait until next year's intake, and apply early in October/November, with a better GMAT score.

Secondly, I haven't seen many architects doing an MBA, so you should have solid reasons for wanting to do one, and they should link directly with your career goals (which you have not mentioned here).

Thirdly, you have several ECAs but they are looking scattered. I'd advise you to build your experience in 1-2 activities and make some worthy impact there. In "Community and extra curriculars", the first two look impactful and suggest that you made some impact on the beneficiaries. Your activities in the section "Anything else" are hobbies, they will help you present a multi-dimensional personality. But the real meat lies in stories where you make an impact on other people around you.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 01:27
Hello Hello Guys,

Can you help me evaluate my profile and tell me if have some chances to get admitted? (My career goal is to enter a Top consulting firm as a Digital Transformation Consultant).

My name is Tanguy, I'm 21, French and Ivorian. Grew up in Africa (Ivory Coast, Senegal, Kenya, Ghana)
My profile:

Undergraduate at ESSEC Business School (BBA) (Graduation 2020)
-Ranked 1st BBA in France
-Expected GPA: 13.5 (THIS IS WHAT I'M WORRYING ABOUT ACTUALLY)
-First 2 years of my BBA in Singapore
-Exchange Term in Finland

+

Associate Degree in Computer Science (University of the People): A non-profit, tuition-free, accredited, online, American university.
-Graduation: beginning 2021

Experience

3 months internship: Digital Marketing: Heroes (French startup)
2 years apprenticeship: Digital Transformation Analyst: Steelcase Inc. (American company leading their market)

+

Gmat expected mark: 710
IELTS:7.5

Volunteering Experience:
-1 month in Nepal teaching Nepalese kids English and Maths
-1 month in Nepal Empowering women

+

Language
-French (Mother's tongue)
-English (Fluent)
-Spanish (conversational)
-Chinese (B1 level)

Passion:
New technology, Avid reader, e-commerce, weightlifting and harmonica.

Thank you in advance !!! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 05:24
26, male, Indian Sikh.
Business economics graduate from Delhi University (first division). I haven't yet found a gpa scale exclusive to NUS but from other schools, I've derived that my GPA is 3.7
GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39, IR8, AWA6)
Work experience:
Full time 2.5 years, freelance 1.5 years.

I freelanced with a production studio as a cinematographer and a video editor for 6 months. They hired me full-time and promoted me to the post of senior producer because I was good at dealing with clients. This lasted for 6 months too.
Then I left for Mumbai to assist in ads and films to learn more. I was freelancing as well. I was the assistant cinematographer in Kapil Sharma's "Firangi". Was part of many short films as well.

Then I joined my family business of medicine exports. It involved handling purchase and negotiating rates and payment terms. Soon I started travelling to Imphal to manage a pharmacy as it's conflict struck area and hiring someone local was tough.
Additionally, I became a mutual fund distributor in Jan last year. I have a sizeable AUM under me. I am also a stock trader. I still freelance as a cinematographer.

In college I used to make short films on social causes. I'd write, shoot, direct and edit myself. The topics ranged from communal differences, eve teasing to organ donation. I screened the organ donation movie in my college and about 50 viewers pledged their organs after the screening.

I wish to get into financial consulting post MBA.

What is the deal breaker here? I've been told that my work ex won't count since I've mostly worked for myself or my family (albeit full time).

S

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 21:52
TangsChang wrote:
Hello Hello Guys,

Can you help me evaluate my profile and tell me if have some chances to get admitted? (My career goal is to enter a Top consulting firm as a Digital Transformation Consultant).

My name is Tanguy, I'm 21, French and Ivorian. Grew up in Africa (Ivory Coast, Senegal, Kenya, Ghana)
My profile:

Undergraduate at ESSEC Business School (BBA) (Graduation 2020)
-Ranked 1st BBA in France
-Expected GPA: 13.5 (THIS IS WHAT I'M WORRYING ABOUT ACTUALLY)
-First 2 years of my BBA in Singapore
-Exchange Term in Finland

+

Associate Degree in Computer Science (University of the People): A non-profit, tuition-free, accredited, online, American university.
-Graduation: beginning 2021

Experience

3 months internship: Digital Marketing: Heroes (French startup)
2 years apprenticeship: Digital Transformation Analyst: Steelcase Inc. (American company leading their market)

+

Gmat expected mark: 710
IELTS:7.5

Volunteering Experience:
-1 month in Nepal teaching Nepalese kids English and Maths
-1 month in Nepal Empowering women

+

Language
-French (Mother's tongue)
-English (Fluent)
-Spanish (conversational)
-Chinese (B1 level)

Passion:
New technology, Avid reader, e-commerce, weightlifting and harmonica.

Hello TangsChang,

You have an interesting profile out there and with a score in excess of 710, as well as, a set of stellar essays that portray your achievements, diverse engagements, and a set of logical career goals, you will have a decent chance.

As of now, focus on the GMAT; the higher your score, the better it is going to be.

All the best!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 03:11
Hi,

Can you help me evaluate my profile and tell me if have some chances to get admitted at NUS.

I'm 25, Indian, Male.

My profile:

10th - 7.8 CGPA (CBSE)
12th - 48% (Science - Physics, Chem, Math, CS)
BBM - 52%
GMAT - 720

I know my academics have been poor.

Total WE - 3+ Years
Headed the business development wing for my family business (logistics company which was founded the very same year I graduated) staright out of college for 1.5 years post which i went on to purse a Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing and work as an intern with one of the leading digital marketing agency in the country during this time. I am currently working in a digital agency for last 2 years consulting and handling digital marketing for leading brands in India. I have worked with clients ranging across various industry verticals such as healthcare, Technology, Education, QSR and fitness.

I have been won the employee of the month for about 3 times in the last 2 years. Also, won awards at annual events of the company as recognition my performance.

Extra-circular.

National gold medalist - Karate - 2010
National Sliver and bronze - 2011 and 2012
I also was the president of the student government body for 3 years in school.

I would love to hear some honest opinions.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2019, 23:58
Hi,
I want to apply for NUS and INSEAD MBA. Kindly evaluate my profile for the same.
Personal info: I am 27 years old, female, engineer
Educational qualification:
B-Tech in Electrical & Electronics engineering from NIT Jamshedpur with CGPA 9.2
XIIth: 86% (Science background)
Xth: 94%
Aiming for GMAT scrore >=730
Work-ex: I have been working in JSW Steel Vijaynagar unit in Total Quality Management department from past 3.5 years. I am in the core TQM team and was instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in the organization under the leadership of TQM Head, Vice President, who is also my reporting manager. We, as an organization challenged the much coveted Deming Prize in the year 2018 and got the same. During this entire Deming journey, I had a great opportunity to interact with Japanese TQM Gurus who were also the consultant for the Deming journey. Right now I am instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in JSW Energy unit. Apart from this, I look after the capability building section of TQM department and under this have covered 7500 employees under our various training programs. I am also a certified Lead auditor of ISO 9001:2015, 14001, and 45001. I have been trained in Advanced Statistics as well and is an in-house trainer for tools such as Regression analysis and Design of Experiments.
Extra-curricular: I have been trained in the classical dance form Kathak for 9 years. In college, I held the post of Class Representative of Electrical and Electronics engineering batch. I was a member of the Fine arts club and cultural and dramatics society of my college. I also held the post of Joint General Secretary of Fine Arts club and the Vice President of Girls batch. Moreover, I was in the core team of Corporate Affairs which was instrumental in raising funds for organizing the techfest of our college. I was also a faculty at Sankalp, which is a registered NGO of NIT Jamshedpur and taught children over there. We, as a team, setup schools and learning centers for underprivileged children in nearby areas.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 20:41
Hey Dheeraj,

GPA is important to show your academic potential, which here is low. On the other hand you have good GMAT score of 720, which is an indicator of Academic Capacity. Apart from that, leading business development for a business is a good example of leadership. Having said that, there are various other factors which need to be showcased in essays.

I would like to hear more on your story, feel free to contact me.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Schedule a Free Intro Session here.

dheerajpal wrote:
Hi,

Can you help me evaluate my profile and tell me if have some chances to get admitted at NUS.

I'm 25, Indian, Male.

My profile:

10th - 7.8 CGPA (CBSE)
12th - 48% (Science - Physics, Chem, Math, CS)
BBM - 52%
GMAT - 720

I know my academics have been poor.

Total WE - 3+ Years
Headed the business development wing for my family business (logistics company which was founded the very same year I graduated) staright out of college for 1.5 years post which i went on to purse a Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing and work as an intern with one of the leading digital marketing agency in the country during this time. I am currently working in a digital agency for last 2 years consulting and handling digital marketing for leading brands in India. I have worked with clients ranging across various industry verticals such as healthcare, Technology, Education, QSR and fitness.

I have been won the employee of the month for about 3 times in the last 2 years. Also, won awards at annual events of the company as recognition my performance.

Extra-circular.

National gold medalist - Karate - 2010
National Sliver and bronze - 2011 and 2012
I also was the president of the student government body for 3 years in school.

I would love to hear some honest opinions.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 20:49
Hello Surabhi59,

You have strong academics, with international exposure. You have good ECs and you have also contributed to society by working with NGO. To be frank, it is too much technical information in your work ex which needs to be translated into transferable skills. Would love to hear more from you.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma

Surabhi59 wrote:
Hi,
I want to apply for NUS and INSEAD MBA. Kindly evaluate my profile for the same.
Personal info: I am 27 years old, female, engineer
Educational qualification:
B-Tech in Electrical & Electronics engineering from NIT Jamshedpur with CGPA 9.2
XIIth: 86% (Science background)
Xth: 94%
Aiming for GMAT scrore >=730
Work-ex: I have been working in JSW Steel Vijaynagar unit in Total Quality Management department from past 3.5 years. I am in the core TQM team and was instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in the organization under the leadership of TQM Head, Vice President, who is also my reporting manager. We, as an organization challenged the much coveted Deming Prize in the year 2018 and got the same. During this entire Deming journey, I had a great opportunity to interact with Japanese TQM Gurus who were also the consultant for the Deming journey. Right now I am instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in JSW Energy unit. Apart from this, I look after the capability building section of TQM department and under this have covered 7500 employees under our various training programs. I am also a certified Lead auditor of ISO 9001:2015, 14001, and 45001. I have been trained in Advanced Statistics as well and is an in-house trainer for tools such as Regression analysis and Design of Experiments.
Extra-curricular: I have been trained in the classical dance form Kathak for 9 years. In college, I held the post of Class Representative of Electrical and Electronics engineering batch. I was a member of the Fine arts club and cultural and dramatics society of my college. I also held the post of Joint General Secretary of Fine Arts club and the Vice President of Girls batch. Moreover, I was in the core team of Corporate Affairs which was instrumental in raising funds for organizing the techfest of our college. I was also a faculty at Sankalp, which is a registered NGO of NIT Jamshedpur and taught children over there. We, as a team, setup schools and learning centers for underprivileged children in nearby areas.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 20:55
Hey Taranveer,

You have an interesting profile. Your GMAT is very good. Business schools look for diversity. It is all about how you tell your story and and your story is oozing out uniqueness. Now as far as work experience is concerned, it will be counted. Feel free to reach me out.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma

Taranveersingh93 wrote:
26, male, Indian Sikh.
Business economics graduate from Delhi University (first division). I haven't yet found a gpa scale exclusive to NUS but from other schools, I've derived that my GPA is 3.7
GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39, IR8, AWA6)
Work experience:
Full time 2.5 years, freelance 1.5 years.

I freelanced with a production studio as a cinematographer and a video editor for 6 months. They hired me full-time and promoted me to the post of senior producer because I was good at dealing with clients. This lasted for 6 months too.
Then I left for Mumbai to assist in ads and films to learn more. I was freelancing as well. I was the assistant cinematographer in Kapil Sharma's "Firangi". Was part of many short films as well.

Then I joined my family business of medicine exports. It involved handling purchase and negotiating rates and payment terms. Soon I started travelling to Imphal to manage a pharmacy as it's conflict struck area and hiring someone local was tough.
Additionally, I became a mutual fund distributor in Jan last year. I have a sizeable AUM under me. I am also a stock trader. I still freelance as a cinematographer.

In college I used to make short films on social causes. I'd write, shoot, direct and edit myself. The topics ranged from communal differences, eve teasing to organ donation. I screened the organ donation movie in my college and about 50 viewers pledged their organs after the screening.

I wish to get into financial consulting post MBA.

What is the deal breaker here? I've been told that my work ex won't count since I've mostly worked for myself or my family (albeit full time).

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 23:39
[quote="ShantanuINSEAD"]Hello Surabhi59,

You have strong academics, with international exposure. You have good ECs and you have also contributed to society by working with NGO. To be frank, it is too much technical information in your work ex which needs to be translated into transferable skills. Would love to hear more from you.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma

Hi Shantanu,
Thanks for your reply. My work-ex can be put together like this. My organization was heading towards quality management in the processes and for that it challenged the Deming prize which is the most coveted Japanese award for quality. It took 3 years for the company to streamline itself to various aspects of TQM fundamentals and I was given the responsibility to drive TQM implementation in 4 departments put together having the joint manpower of 900 people. At an early age in my career, I got an opportunity to showcase my leadership and managerial skills since I was responsible for TQM implementation in these 4 departments and was accountable in front of Top management of the organization for the same. For that I used to work in teams which comprised of people from all these departments along with their HODs for understanding their functions and streamline their working in line with TQM philosophy. I had the theoretical knowledge of TQM aspects and the department people had the process knowledge. Together we used to streamline the process in TQM way. For this, I gave them the training on Policy management, Daily management and Employee engagement along with the usage of Basic problem solving tools and Advanced Statistical tools. The Japanese consultants used to visit regularly during these 3 years for this purpose of following the TQM way and whatever insights were given by them, I had to implement that in these 4 departments along with the HODs and the department people. The same changes had to be showcases to these consultants in their next visit. This is how our organization got streamlined the TQM way and I am glad I played a crucial role in this journey.
As far as Capability building section is concerned, I was given the target of covering 7500 employees under the training of Basic problem solving tools. This required a lot of coordination with the departments along with mapping the trainers. I myself was a trainer for this program.
I hope this helps in evaluating my profile further.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!   [#permalink] 21 May 2019, 23:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 110 posts ] 

Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Chethan92