GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 19:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 4
Re: Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 23:40
ShantanuINSEAD wrote:
Hello Surabhi59,

You have strong academics, with international exposure. You have good ECs and you have also contributed to society by working with NGO. To be frank, it is too much technical information in your work ex which needs to be translated into transferable skills. Would love to hear more from you.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Schedule a Free Intro Session here.

Surabhi59 wrote:
Hi,
I want to apply for NUS and INSEAD MBA. Kindly evaluate my profile for the same.
Personal info: I am 27 years old, female, engineer
Educational qualification:
B-Tech in Electrical & Electronics engineering from NIT Jamshedpur with CGPA 9.2
XIIth: 86% (Science background)
Xth: 94%
Aiming for GMAT scrore >=730
Work-ex: I have been working in JSW Steel Vijaynagar unit in Total Quality Management department from past 3.5 years. I am in the core TQM team and was instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in the organization under the leadership of TQM Head, Vice President, who is also my reporting manager. We, as an organization challenged the much coveted Deming Prize in the year 2018 and got the same. During this entire Deming journey, I had a great opportunity to interact with Japanese TQM Gurus who were also the consultant for the Deming journey. Right now I am instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in JSW Energy unit. Apart from this, I look after the capability building section of TQM department and under this have covered 7500 employees under our various training programs. I am also a certified Lead auditor of ISO 9001:2015, 14001, and 45001. I have been trained in Advanced Statistics as well and is an in-house trainer for tools such as Regression analysis and Design of Experiments.
Extra-curricular: I have been trained in the classical dance form Kathak for 9 years. In college, I held the post of Class Representative of Electrical and Electronics engineering batch. I was a member of the Fine arts club and cultural and dramatics society of my college. I also held the post of Joint General Secretary of Fine Arts club and the Vice President of Girls batch. Moreover, I was in the core team of Corporate Affairs which was instrumental in raising funds for organizing the techfest of our college. I was also a faculty at Sankalp, which is a registered NGO of NIT Jamshedpur and taught children over there. We, as a team, setup schools and learning centers for underprivileged children in nearby areas.

Hi Shantanu,
Thanks for your reply. My work-ex can be put together like this. My organization was heading towards quality management in the processes and for that it challenged the Deming prize which is the most coveted Japanese award for quality. It took 3 years for the company to streamline itself to various aspects of TQM fundamentals and I was given the responsibility to drive TQM implementation in 4 departments put together having the joint manpower of 900 people. At an early age in my career, I got an opportunity to showcase my leadership and managerial skills since I was responsible for TQM implementation in these 4 departments and was accountable in front of Top management of the organization for the same. For that I used to work in teams which comprised of people from all these departments along with their HODs for understanding their functions and streamline their working in line with TQM philosophy. I had the theoretical knowledge of TQM aspects and the department people had the process knowledge. Together we used to streamline the process in TQM way. For this, I gave them the training on Policy management, Daily management and Employee engagement along with the usage of Basic problem solving tools and Advanced Statistical tools. The Japanese consultants used to visit regularly during these 3 years for this purpose of following the TQM way and whatever insights were given by them, I had to implement that in these 4 departments along with the HODs and the department people. The same changes had to be showcases to these consultants in their next visit. This is how our organization got streamlined the TQM way and I am glad I played a crucial role in this journey.
As far as Capability building section is concerned, I was given the target of covering 7500 employees under the training of Basic problem solving tools. This required a lot of coordination with the departments along with mapping the trainers. I myself was a trainer for this program.
I hope this helps in evaluating my profile further.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)
Re: Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 00:01
Surabhi59,

To summarise:
- responsible to drive TQM implementation in 4 departments, with joint manpower of 900 people
- Trained 7500 employees on Basic problem solving tools
- I have been trained in the classical dance form Kathak for 9 years
- I held the post of Class Representative of Electrical and Electronics engineering batch
- member of the Fine arts club and cultural and dramatics society of my college
- Faculty at Sankalp, which is a registered NGO of NIT Jamshedpur

Score >730 would certainly make your case stronger. But remember diving deep into technical stuff is a very common mistake by applicants. I recently did a ding analysis of Indian Male candidate with a score of 730, family business. Looking at high level, his profile was superb but when it comes to story telling and writing essays there was too much technical information floating everywhere.

Hope this helped.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Schedule a Free Profle Evaluation Session here.

Surabhi59 wrote:
ShantanuINSEAD wrote:
Hello Surabhi59,

You have strong academics, with international exposure. You have good ECs and you have also contributed to society by working with NGO. To be frank, it is too much technical information in your work ex which needs to be translated into transferable skills. Would love to hear more from you.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Schedule a Free Intro Session here.

Surabhi59 wrote:
Hi,
I want to apply for NUS and INSEAD MBA. Kindly evaluate my profile for the same.
Personal info: I am 27 years old, female, engineer
Educational qualification:
B-Tech in Electrical & Electronics engineering from NIT Jamshedpur with CGPA 9.2
XIIth: 86% (Science background)
Xth: 94%
Aiming for GMAT scrore >=730
Work-ex: I have been working in JSW Steel Vijaynagar unit in Total Quality Management department from past 3.5 years. I am in the core TQM team and was instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in the organization under the leadership of TQM Head, Vice President, who is also my reporting manager. We, as an organization challenged the much coveted Deming Prize in the year 2018 and got the same. During this entire Deming journey, I had a great opportunity to interact with Japanese TQM Gurus who were also the consultant for the Deming journey. Right now I am instrumental in driving the TQM implementation in JSW Energy unit. Apart from this, I look after the capability building section of TQM department and under this have covered 7500 employees under our various training programs. I am also a certified Lead auditor of ISO 9001:2015, 14001, and 45001. I have been trained in Advanced Statistics as well and is an in-house trainer for tools such as Regression analysis and Design of Experiments.
Extra-curricular: I have been trained in the classical dance form Kathak for 9 years. In college, I held the post of Class Representative of Electrical and Electronics engineering batch. I was a member of the Fine arts club and cultural and dramatics society of my college. I also held the post of Joint General Secretary of Fine Arts club and the Vice President of Girls batch. Moreover, I was in the core team of Corporate Affairs which was instrumental in raising funds for organizing the techfest of our college. I was also a faculty at Sankalp, which is a registered NGO of NIT Jamshedpur and taught children over there. We, as a team, setup schools and learning centers for underprivileged children in nearby areas.

Hi Shantanu,
Thanks for your reply. My work-ex can be put together like this. My organization was heading towards quality management in the processes and for that it challenged the Deming prize which is the most coveted Japanese award for quality. It took 3 years for the company to streamline itself to various aspects of TQM fundamentals and I was given the responsibility to drive TQM implementation in 4 departments put together having the joint manpower of 900 people. At an early age in my career, I got an opportunity to showcase my leadership and managerial skills since I was responsible for TQM implementation in these 4 departments and was accountable in front of Top management of the organization for the same. For that I used to work in teams which comprised of people from all these departments along with their HODs for understanding their functions and streamline their working in line with TQM philosophy. I had the theoretical knowledge of TQM aspects and the department people had the process knowledge. Together we used to streamline the process in TQM way. For this, I gave them the training on Policy management, Daily management and Employee engagement along with the usage of Basic problem solving tools and Advanced Statistical tools. The Japanese consultants used to visit regularly during these 3 years for this purpose of following the TQM way and whatever insights were given by them, I had to implement that in these 4 departments along with the HODs and the department people. The same changes had to be showcases to these consultants in their next visit. This is how our organization got streamlined the TQM way and I am glad I played a crucial role in this journey.
As far as Capability building section is concerned, I was given the target of covering 7500 employees under the training of Basic problem solving tools. This required a lot of coordination with the departments along with mapping the trainers. I myself was a trainer for this program.
I hope this helps in evaluating my profile further.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 00:07
Dear Shantanu,
Thanks for your insights. I will keep this in mind while writing my essays.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2019, 05:36
Hi, Can you please help me in evaluating my profile for NUS MBA, Class of 2021

Nationality: Indian, Female, 24 years

Graduation(B.Tech.) - Tier 2 college-7.5 CGPA

GMAT:710(Q49,V36)

Work-Ex: 4 years in Data Analytics and Business Analysis field
2 years: ZS Associates
2 years: BCG

Extra Curricular:
-Leading the CSR group (60 people) at BCG and managing their monthly activities
-Active member of Robinhood army
-Core member of Women Leadership Initiatives at BCG, Events Team at BCG

Post MBA goals: Front end Consulting

Anything else:
12th - 91.4%
10th - 89%

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 13:14
Hi All,

I would like to request you all to kindly evaluate my profile for NUS.

GMAT:710
Graduation : Electronics Engineering with 63%
12th : 69%
10th : 68%

Work Experience: Almost 4 years in Analytics. Currently working as Assistant Manager in Citi Bank.

Extra Curricular: Nil

NGO : 6 Months teaching experience in small town NGO

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 13:16
Hi All,

Graduation : Electronics Engineering with 63% (Tier 3 College)

Work Experience: Almost 4 years in Analytics. Currently working as Assistant Manager in Citi Bank.

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 21:38
Chandrapal wrote:
Hi All,

Graduation : Electronics Engineering with 63% (Tier 3 College)

You didn't mention anything about your post MBA goals, where you want to work after MBA, any outstanding achievements in educational/professional career, and why you need MBA at this point in career. Unless you provide all important details of your profile, it would be difficult for experts to assess your chances.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 02:36
Hello everyone,

Can I get a profile evaluation for the MIM program at NUS/CEMS?

- Background and Nationality : French and Ivorian, I grew up in Africa (Senegal, Ivory Coast, Kenya and Ghana), finished my High school studies in Paris.
- Undergrad Information : I started my BBA degree in Singapore with ESSEC Business School (1st ranked BBA in France) where I spent 2 years. Uni Exchange in Finland. (GPA not very high: 12.5)
- GMAT : 710 (expected)
- Work experience and leadership : [Startup] Sales internship Singapore (3months) + [Startup] Digital Marketing Internship in Paris (3months) + Apprenticeship as a Digital Transformation Assistant at Steelcase (8months twice).
- Community and others : Weightlifting in competition, ESSEC Africa (Raising awareness on Africa potential), Volunteer in Nepal 1 month (English and Maths teacher in a Monastery)
- Post MiM goals : Work in a Consulting firm in Asia for some time as Digital Transformation Consultant, then work in more global institution to be a key link between Africa and Asia in term of technology.

Anything else : 4 languages (French: Mother Tongue, English: Fluent, Chinese: HSK3-4 B1 level, Spanish: Conversational) + EDX: Microsoft Professional Program in Artificial Intelligence.

Thank you !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 05:21
Hello everyone,

Can I get a profile evaluation for the MIM program at NUS (CEMS)?

- Background and Nationality : French and Ivorian, I grew up in Africa (Senegal, Ivory Coast, Kenya and Ghana), finished my High school studies in Paris.
- Undergrad Information : I started my BBA degree in Singapore with ESSEC Business School (1st ranked BBA in France) where I spent 2 years. Uni Exchange in Finland. (GPA not very high: 12.5)
- Work experience and leadership : [Startup] Sales internship Singapore (3months) + [Startup] Digital Marketing Internship in Paris (3months) + Apprenticeship as a Digital Transformation Assistant at Steelcase (8months twice).
- Community and others : Weightlifting in competition, ESSEC Africa (Raising awareness on Africa potential), Volunteer in Nepal 1 month (English and Maths teacher in a Monastery)
- Post MiM goals : Work in a Consulting firm in Asia for some time as Digital Transformation Consultant, then work in more global institution to be a key link between Africa and Asia in term of technology.

Anything else : 4 languages (French: Mother Tongue, English: Fluent, Chinese: HSK3-4 B1 level, Spanish: Conversational) + EDX: Microsoft Professional Program in Artificial Intelligence.

Thank you !
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 05:36
TangsChang wrote:
Hello everyone,

Can I get a profile evaluation for the MIM program at NUS (CEMS)?

Thank you !

TangsChang

I am merging your post with the main profile evaluation topic. You can go through previous evaluations. You can also post in the following forum.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2019, 10:05
Hi all,

Need profile evaluation.

Indian Female
GMAT:710 (q50, v35) IR 5 AWA 5.5

Work experience: 24 months (as of july 2019) in research and development for
CDK Global (automotive dealership global giant)
My project deals with handling digital advertising campaigns for some big automotive dealers.
Joined as a junior worked extensively in research and development. Taking up the lead in new projects that needed building from scratch. Working closely with product owners, showed a keen interest in business decisions and that's how got interested in making a career in it.
Recognized and rewarded by peers and managers for initiatives taken.
Won first prize in a coding challenge recently.

1 year of entrepreneurial experience handling digital marketing and business consultation.

Graduation: Tier-2 Bachelor Of Engineering in Com Science. 87.2%
12th: 87%
10th: 10CGPA

Extra Curricular:
Won a national level writing competition in 12th class, facilitated by CBSE for the same.
Worked with UNFPA for adolescence education and awareness.
Won a first prize in online national level blogging competition conducted in 2014.
This year won an internal blogging competition conducted in the company.

Post MBA Goals:
Would like to make a career in business analytics and product management.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: NTU '21 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2019, 06:33
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for NUS

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 650

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 00:22
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through NUS and INSEAD Singapore!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

Colleges I aim for are INSEAD and NUS Singapore.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 02:20
Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Undergrad Information:
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through NUS and INSEAD Singapore!

In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

HI Mon16,

I like your profile and I believe you have a fair chance at NUS. INSEAD will be tough with no international experience and an average GMAT score.

In terms of your work experience, I'd have liked to see more description about what you have achieved so far and teh impact you have made on your team/department/organization. I will have to make an assumption reading the above description that you have the right attitude to take up initiatives, have great interpersonal skills and have some good achievements that helped you get promoted every year. While writing the MBA applications, you will have to do a much better job bringing out all your achievements into the open and not leaving them for anyone to decipher (as I did :)). In terms of goals, if its product management, then that should be okay.

My suggestion is to present your story well, with a focus on achievements and learnings. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 05:25
neelbiswas01 wrote:
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for NUS

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 650

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

Hi Neel,

Your work experience is on the lower side as compared to the class average of 6 years at NUS. In that case it will make sense to apply to NUS this year only if you have a stellar profile- both professional and/or extra-curricular. Even in that scenario, I will urge you to retake GMAT and bring it to a 700+ score.

If you plan to apply next year, you must also continue doing extra-curricular activities. SO far, what you have is all from college.

Invested In Your Success
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 07:38
Thanks much for your detailed inputs Namita.

From a purely GMAT score viewpoint - is 700 a good score for an Indian Female Applicant for the NUS?

MBADecoder wrote:
Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Undergrad Information:

HI Mon16,

I like your profile and I believe you have a fair chance at NUS. INSEAD will be tough with no international experience and an average GMAT score.

In terms of your work experience, I'd have liked to see more description about what you have achieved so far and teh impact you have made on your team/department/organization. I will have to make an assumption reading the above description that you have the right attitude to take up initiatives, have great interpersonal skills and have some good achievements that helped you get promoted every year. While writing the MBA applications, you will have to do a much better job bringing out all your achievements into the open and not leaving them for anyone to decipher (as I did :)). In terms of goals, if its product management, then that should be okay.

My suggestion is to present your story well, with a focus on achievements and learnings. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 09:05
Mon16 wrote:
Thanks much for your detailed inputs Namita.

From a purely GMAT score viewpoint - is 700 a good score for an Indian Female Applicant for the NUS?

Look at the Decision tracker on this thread. Many Indians have got in with a 700 GMAT score. That said, your application should be stellar. If you were planning a GMAT retake, you should still go ahead. :)

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2019, 21:10
Hi,

I would appreciate any feedback about chances for NUS.

Indian
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering - National Institute of Technology
9 months of work experience in a Manufacturing firm (as an Instrumentation engineer)
~2 years of work experience in management consulting
I attended school in an International School in Thailand
Expected GMAT: 700
Extra-curricular:
Regularly play sports
Vice president of School's student council
Co-head of major College-level events
Organizer of yearly event at my previous firm
Constantly take part in my current firm's CSR efforts

Cheers

Please Bookmark it for future reference! :)
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 00:05
Top Contributor
such8 wrote:
Hi,

I would appreciate any feedback about chances for NUS.

Indian
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering - National Institute of Technology
9 months of work experience in a Manufacturing firm (as an Instrumentation engineer)
~2 years of work experience in management consulting
I attended school in an International School in Thailand
Expected GMAT: 700
Extra-curricular:
Regularly play sports
Vice president of School's student council
Co-head of major College-level events
Organizer of yearly event at my previous firm
Constantly take part in my current firm's CSR efforts

Cheers

Hi such8

Thanks for posting. Please provide some more info:

Which firm have you worked for in consulting, and in what practice? Any international experience at work?

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
WE: Operations (Transportation)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2019, 23:59
Hello,
i would be grateful if some advise could be provided on basis of my current profile:
Acad:
10th: 88% (ICSE) (2005)
12th: 79% (ISC)(2007)
UG: B.Sc (Nautical Sciences) 71%(first div) Mumbai University- TS CHANAKYA(2008-2011)
GMAT 1: 660(Q43/V38/IR5) (wil be appearing again by octpber 2019 to try to cross 700 mark)

Professional background:
Total WE: 6+(applying for 2020 class) in Merchant Navy on cargo ships (foreign going)
Current rank : Second navigating Officer (current sailing exp: 14 months)(2016-2019)
Previous Ranks: Third navigating Officer (16 months sailing exp)(2014-2016)
Training navigating officer (12 months sailing exp)(2012-2014)

Extra- Curriculars:
- Head of Literary Committee in college (Third year)(2010-2011)
- member of Literary Committee in college(First & Second Year- 2008-2010)
- Editor of college magazine & Wall magazine
- Head of college fest organizers in third year
- Member of college fest committee in first & Second year
- Organised various cultural events throughout the college tenure
- Various achievements at school level in olympiads and competitions
- Member of NGOs such as Bhumi & Green peace as a volunteer.

Future Goal:
To work as operations manager with Amazon/OYO/RIVIGO/Paytm and others.

I have following queries:
1) what would be respectable score to stand a chance for admit?
2) How good is NUS for operations and someone looking at a career switch?

If anyone could resolve the above and provide me with a basic profile evaluation, i will be grateful.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2019, 23:59

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 114 posts ] 

Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Chethan92