Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 736 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: What do you play? [#permalink]
fallout new vegas, coming out in a few weeks,cant wait
Still playing Diablo 2, BLIZZARD all the way.............
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Hardcore gamer here.

Started really blasting the games in the 80's on my ZX Spectrum as a small kid and never stopped (Manic Miner, Elite, Chequered Flag etc.).

In terms of online games, I played Everquest for about 18 months in the late 90's, and was part of a clan in Unreal Tournament playing in leagues and stuff. Moved over to space game MMO's for a bit by playing Jumpgate before moving onto star wars galaxies (again in a clan) and then over to Football Manager Live (as alpha and beta tester). Not had time to play a persistant world MMO for a while, really do need at least 20 hours a week to get involved in it.

However throughout that time i always played championship manager (now Football Manager) starting with the 93/94 season, and have played it every year :lol: . In terms of single player games, Railroad Tycoon series, Civilization series, Total War series, Command & Conquer series(never played online), and CoD & MoH series in single player mode, as well as trying all sorts of other games that didn't really stick (e.g. Sims, Black & White)
Console-wise, I have a Wii and play an assortment of casual games on it from the regular Wii Sports, to Elebits, Boom Blox, mostly pick up and play games, used mostly for when friends are around.

Current games i've yet to play that are in my sights :- Starcraft 2, Civ 5

I also play a lot of social games as well, from the massive Zynga games to the the smaller development shop games.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hehe I addict to dota - one custom map of War 3 : TFT

i love to play supportive player such as VS and windrunner but currently I start to play queen of pain - Alaska haha i love her blink and skills
Retired Moderator
Send PM
transontung90 wrote:
hehe I addict to dota - one custom map of War 3 : TFT

i love to play supportive player such as VS and windrunner but currently I start to play queen of pain - Alaska haha i love her blink and skills

yeah im pretty much dota king. end of story. played that a lot but now i don't think that its as good as it used to be. play more sc2 now :-D

although I will say I'm sad to see that competitive counter-strike is dead now. Teams like SK and 3D, Complexity used to be the big shots now they're nothing. It's sad. I miss the good old days when I'm on mIRC on #findringer and using #calscrim and #findscrim

Ahhh...the good days....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeah , dota is kinda old . because its just a custom map based on WC3 engine , which is about 7 year ago ( IMO ) .

dota interest people because of its balance ( blizzard always make balance in strategy game : good point )

Sc2 is great though but I dont believe it can make a success to SC1 .

Im in Vn , dota is the most popular game , people love dota so much , so many clan in here , im also glad that Vn gain some success in international battles

anway , i didnt have any team yet ....... just noob... ( -cm is hard to play :)) )
Retired Moderator
Send PM
starcraft 2 is still in its beginning phases so i think it's still unsure to tell.

I would never have imagined world of warcraft could be brought to the competitive gaming arena and look at it now. everytime you go to gotfrag.com it's about something new in the wow world.

starcraft 2 and gaming in general has not gained much public attention in the united states but i think europe and asia it has gained a position where they can support a public audience.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBY6B2vN2o[/youtube]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 736 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
damit, fallout new vegas is distracting me from studying
I can't concentrate........
by the way, I hate obsidian because they ruined the game
so many bugs in the game that sometimes I wish to just grab the game director's head and just snap it clean off.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
alright fellas, as promised....(a man is only as good as his word so here we go)....an update :-)

so as some of you may know, I'm pretty serious when it comes to gaming. "play hard, go pro" is pretty much my motto when it comes to the gaming scene. always been a very competitive person (hence why I'm going for round 3 against the GMAT's :-) ) played in CAL, OGL, ESEA, went to CPL, even started a local gaming scene @ my university for the hardcore enthusiasts...know a lot of the pro gamers even still today in teams like CoL, SK, NiP etc etc blah blah. Getting to the point, I'm hardcore and I'm good :-) anyways down to the nitty gritty....

a few months ago, my video card burnt out and I was pretty pissed. Sent it back to RMA, came back, still had artifacts and sometimes wouldn't even post video. I knew my problem was video-card related as I usually do a lot of over-clocking, so naturally, cooling was an issue. I wanted performance, at a reasonable price, and plenty of good-quality air-flow + cooling to go a long my gaming while I max out all the resolutions possible. Why would I want to play Starcraft 2 at medium/low resolution anyways? If I wanted that I'd play the original game that came out 13 years ago :-) I'm 23, so yeah, I've been in the scene for awhile haha

So.....

My BFG 9600 GT died. Unfortunately, the company went under so I couldn't get warranty. Pulled my out my ancient eVga 6800 GS - this was the card that I previously mentioned I had problems with. Got pissed off and went out and bought a MSI N465GTX Twin Frozr II. Understand that the 4-series chipset run extremely hot I knew I needed to get a Thermaltake A2426. At first I was kind of hesitant as whether it was good enough but figured I'd give it a shot.

Went home, plugged it in. Installed the driver blah blah blah....installed the MSI Over-clocking utility called Afterburner. Pretty neat device, a lot more flexible than any other companies offered. The box claimed that I could over up to 80% of factory settings, so guess what :-) I overclocked 90%. Restarted the PC blah blah blah....and to my surprise it worked! Temperatures were very constant even then reading from about 34C at idle to about 56C at max.

Started starcraft 2, maxed everything out on Ultra and maxed resolutions to my native 22" wide screen at 1680x1050 and bang! Perfect! No freezing, no lagging, no intermittent screen jumps. Smooth as butter.

Decided to see how it would do at factory settings...BANG! Still perfect! However when I under-clocked it, FPS went down especially when you scroll over at zerg creep etc etc. But wow, don't even have to over-clock this thing! That's crazy! Ok so I guess you guys can feel my excitement.

Might have to benchmark this puppy soon to see how it hangs with the ATI 5K series cards :-)

Conclusion: EPIC. If you want to play SC2 at the max settings without any interruptions, get this. You will not be disappointed. Get the Thermaltake A2426 too. I noticed that with the cooler the card ran about 3 degrees cooler than without. So definitely worth the $10 dollars.

So without further due, pix!

sorry about my thumb into the photo :)

If you look at it, the card is actually longer than my motherboard! I had my doubts when I got it in the mail whether it would fit the case or not. But it does, barely though. But then again, I do have a CoolerMaster 690 case :-D

Little back view for ya. Notice the cool little MSI cut-out on the back vents. They actually get really hot after awhile of gaming from all the hot air shooting out.

The video-card PCB (the board) actually has a cut out on it to help vent air. Little cool design I found interesting.

Full back view. Nothing too special. Well, I do have 2 DVI's and a mini-HDMI port :-D :-D

The Thermaltake A2426. Notice how its pointing down on the card, sucking hot air into it, and shooting it out the back. Neat little design.

and the monster at last :-)

Retired Moderator
Send PM
did a little more in terms of the wire management. still trying to perfect it by splicing new wires here and there to hide it more so. If I took the back plate off, it'd look like the amazon rain-forest, but not so back. got the all the wires tacked up neatly but it's still a lot of wires. Currently just working on trying to perfect how I want to the wires to look like and maybe even silicon wrap it some nice adhesive so I don't have a bunch of funky colors.

Then I'll probably take it all apart. Powder coat the metal area satanic black, which is a nice dark flat black without any clear or gloss to it. Ought to look SICK.

Yes, this is what I do with my free time - it's my form of art :-)
Current Student
Send PM
ALMOST done with exploring every spot on Fallout new vegas (using explorer perk)... now i can get on to the real quest :). This game does give me fits especially as a programmer myself - bringing out a product with glitches and freezes is really inexcusable. Fable 3 is next
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When I we free, I love to play cricket!

It makes me fit!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
waiting for the damn diablo 3 to come out. It's been a while now and ever since blizzard released news on diablo 3 in 2008, i've been waiting and waiting and waiting. Sticking to world of warcraft right now.
Current Student
Send PM
call of duty african american ops next week. it will be a fun 3 hour solo game no doubt.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
also waiting for the new assassin's creed: brotherhood!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You can’t see me. I’m there in the shadows, crouched down on the roof above you, dangling on the ledge below you. Maybe you know I’m nearby. Maybe you’re afraid for your life. You should be. Because by the time you realize where I am, you’ll be dead.

That was the promise of Assassin’s Creed II, a promise the AC I game failed to keep in nearly every way.

Now, I am waiting for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood!
Current Student
Send PM
so i beat new vegas... glad it is done cause that game got ruined because of bugs...black ops is really short... been playing fable 3 though and it is OK so far but the map system is horrid - you see a cartoony map thats not very accurate and there isnt even a "here you are" marker...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7