GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2019, 16:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What is a good GPA for a mba graduate

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
What is a good GPA for a mba graduate  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 14:25
I want to know what goal i should set for my mba once it is completed to be competitive with other mba graduates.
I am in my 8th course in a 10 course program and my gpa is dropping fast. I had a 3.94 at the end of the 6th course, but a B dropped me down to a 3.82. Now the 8th course has the same instructor and I have a b+ in the course after receiving a 73% on my last assignment.
So what do i need to keep my gpa above to be competitive? If it gets to low should i just drop it off my resume? I want to beat my undergrad gpa (3.62) but at this rate that might not be possible
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What is a good GPA for a mba graduate  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2018, 05:28
john1990 wrote:
I want to know what goal i should set for my mba once it is completed to be competitive with other mba graduates.
I am in my 8th course in a 10 course program and my gpa is dropping fast. I had a 3.94 at the end of the 6th course, but a B dropped me down to a 3.82. Now the 8th course has the same instructor and I have a b+ in the course after receiving a 73% on my last assignment.
So what do i need to keep my gpa above to be competitive? If it gets to low should i just drop it off my resume? I want to beat my undergrad gpa (3.62) but at this rate that might not be possible

Nobody really cares about your BSchool GPA. I don't think you even put it anywhere really.... Many schools actually have a non-disclosure policy where they will not release your grades.
MBA is different from undergrad.... the only use I can think of for MBA GPA is a minimum requirement to be eligible for a scholarship.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...

Discover Your Admit Options with Decision Tracker Filters!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.94

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2018, 11:14
john1990 wrote:

Per bb's response, it's not terribly important at most programs, given grade non-disclosure policies. However, depending on what school you are at, it may matter. W

- Where are you completing your MBA?
- What are your post-MBA goals?

http://www.beenthere.biz
Twitter: @BeenThereBiz
Instagram: beentheretech
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2018, 14:11
I am attending NorthCentral University, which has open admission for applicants with a 3.0 from undergrad and is probably considered a diploma mill. My plans post mba are unclear. I just landed a volunteer paralegal job and i will be going for a masters in legal studies when my mba is complete in October. I heard that the jd/mba is valuable so i hope the mls/mba will be as well. I have already had the opportunity to use some of the knowledge i gained in my mba in my volunteer position. I have considered the possibility of teaching in the future, but i don't want to tackle a phd because i think it would be too challenging. I want to keep my options open and apply for a broad scope of positions.
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Google, Facebook
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 21:06
I'm a Haas MBA, have worked at Google and Facebook, and I have never once been asked for my MBA GPA.
Intern
Intern
Jeanie : Dong  

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 01:46
Non-disclosure policy is an important thing. I don't think that the policy of non-disclosure policy is the same important thing in the school as in the company.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: What is a good GPA for a mba graduate   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2018, 01:46

What is a good GPA for a mba graduate

new topic post reply Update application status