It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 23:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What to do 30-14-7-3-1 Days before the test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: What to do 30-14-7-3-1 Days before the test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 07:18
my exam is on 11 nov i.e after 15 days and i am scoring 620-600 in manhatten mocks. My target score is 680. Should i reschedule the exam? Any advice what i can do in last 15 days to maximize my score

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2016, 21:27
shubhangi20 wrote:
my exam is on 11 nov i.e after 15 days and i am scoring 620-600 in manhatten mocks. My target score is 680. Should i reschedule the exam? Any advice what i can do in last 15 days to maximize my score

Have you taken any GMAT prep mocks? I know my MGMAT mocks were often 20-30 points below the official GMAT exams.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2016, 04:06
Actually great tips!
But once almost the big day!
Easy to forget everything!
Try to make a schedule by myself and gonna to remind me

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2016, 19:41
mrstsang wrote:
Actually great tips!
But once almost the big day!
Easy to forget everything!
Try to make a schedule by myself and gonna to remind me

A schedule of your days leading up to the exam can be helpful and ensure you have everything you need! Better to be over-prepared and be focused only on dominating the exam!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2016, 02:48
Hello :)
Great post, yet I can't help contradicting a portion of the things.

In the first place, I would setup the arrangement just before you begin concentrating on. That way you have a set date. In the event that you require 3 months of concentrating on and setup the arrangement 30 days from the enormous day, you won't be as roused those initial two months, and not as much examining will complete. I know I wasn't the first occasion when I took it. At that point the second time, I setup the arrangement route ahead of time and passed.

1 Day before test - ought to be spent not pondering the test by any means. Wake up and do whatever you need. Along these lines you're not packing or going ballistic finally. That stuff can surface at test time

wordpress custom theme

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 45

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2016, 22:50
Followed this to quite a great extent. Proved beneficial in bolstering me from a 360 to a 700. (Link in signature)

Thanks bb

MGMAT CATs are all important. :D

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 07:36
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am just beginning my GMAT journey. I need to complete the GMAT by the end of February and I am wondering if anyone has some advice on how to prepare.

Slightly off topic I also need the answer for the following GMAT Questions Am I right with Question 1 D, Question 2 E Question 3 D

GMAT Question 1: Critical Reasoning: In Oaktown, a company owns a large factory and a superstore, which supplies most of the residents’ needs; the company also employs most of the residents. The president of the company decides it would be good for both the company and the residents if he automated most of the work in the factory; automation would lower production costs and the prices of the goods sold in the store. Which of the following statements below, if true, best highlights a flaw in the president’s plan? *

A. When the factory is automated, it will speed up production, providing the superstore with a larger inventory.
B. When the prices are lowered, residents will be able to afford more items, increasing their quality of life.
C. When the factory is automated, residents who lose their jobs could apply for jobs at the superstore.
D. When the factory is automated, many residents will be laid off and will not have enough money to afford what the superstore sells, even at lower prices.
E. If the factory closes down, the superstore will need to find a new source of goods to sell.

GMAT Question 2: Data Sufficiency:
Please determine whether the data provided by the statements are sufficient to answer the question.
The Financial News Daily has 25 reporters covering Asia, 20 covering Europe, and 20 covering North America. Four reporters cover Asia and Europe, but not North America, 6 reporters cover Asia and North America, but not Europe, and 7 reporters cover Europe and North America, but not Asia. How many reporters cover all of the 3 continents (Asia, Europe, and North America)?

1) The Financial News Daily has 38 reporters in total covering at least 1 of the following continents: Asia, Europe, and North America.

2) There are more Financial New Daily reporters covering only Asia than there are Financial New Daily reporters covering only North America.

A. If statement (1) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (2) by itself is not;
B. If statement (2) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (1) by itself is not;
C. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question, even though NEITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient
D. If EITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question
E. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question, requiring more data pertaining to the problem.

GMAT Question 3: Problem Solving:
Car A gets 25 percent more miles per gallon of gasoline than car B does. However, car A requires a special type of gasoline that costs 10 percent more than gasoline car B uses. If the two cars are driven equal distances, what percent less than the money spent on gasoline for car B is the money spent on gasoline for car A? *

A. 22.5% B. 17.5% C. 15% D. 12%E. 10%

Thanks for the help

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 08:14
RGOOD wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am just beginning my GMAT journey. I need to complete the GMAT by the end of February and I am wondering if anyone has some advice on how to prepare.

Slightly off topic I also need the answer for the following GMAT Questions Am I right with Question 1 D, Question 2 E Question 3 D

GMAT Question 1: Critical Reasoning: In Oaktown, a company owns a large factory and a superstore, which supplies most of the residents’ needs; the company also employs most of the residents. The president of the company decides it would be good for both the company and the residents if he automated most of the work in the factory; automation would lower production costs and the prices of the goods sold in the store. Which of the following statements below, if true, best highlights a flaw in the president’s plan? *

A. When the factory is automated, it will speed up production, providing the superstore with a larger inventory.
B. When the prices are lowered, residents will be able to afford more items, increasing their quality of life.
C. When the factory is automated, residents who lose their jobs could apply for jobs at the superstore.
D. When the factory is automated, many residents will be laid off and will not have enough money to afford what the superstore sells, even at lower prices.
E. If the factory closes down, the superstore will need to find a new source of goods to sell.

GMAT Question 2: Data Sufficiency:
Please determine whether the data provided by the statements are sufficient to answer the question.
The Financial News Daily has 25 reporters covering Asia, 20 covering Europe, and 20 covering North America. Four reporters cover Asia and Europe, but not North America, 6 reporters cover Asia and North America, but not Europe, and 7 reporters cover Europe and North America, but not Asia. How many reporters cover all of the 3 continents (Asia, Europe, and North America)?

1) The Financial News Daily has 38 reporters in total covering at least 1 of the following continents: Asia, Europe, and North America.

2) There are more Financial New Daily reporters covering only Asia than there are Financial New Daily reporters covering only North America.

A. If statement (1) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (2) by itself is not;
B. If statement (2) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (1) by itself is not;
C. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question, even though NEITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient
D. If EITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question
E. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question, requiring more data pertaining to the problem.

GMAT Question 3: Problem Solving:
Car A gets 25 percent more miles per gallon of gasoline than car B does. However, car A requires a special type of gasoline that costs 10 percent more than gasoline car B uses. If the two cars are driven equal distances, what percent less than the money spent on gasoline for car B is the money spent on gasoline for car A? *

A. 22.5% B. 17.5% C. 15% D. 12%E. 10%

Thanks for the help

Hi, welcome to GMATClub.
Couple of pointers :

1. If you have any question that you have a doubt in - just key it on Google and end your question with GMATClub and you'll (in 95% of the cases) be directed to the link containing a solution to the question. (GMATClub has solutions to all problems on GMAT thanks to some amazing people like bb Bunuel VeritasPrepKarishma, @mikemcgarry)
2. Post questions only in the relevant forums (Navigate to 'Home' and you'll see the 'Forums' there.
3. While posting a question, specify the stem correctly and the answer choices (For Problem solving on Q section, CR, SC and RC. You need to just post the question with the 2 statements for DS, the options are known to all!)
4. Follow the fantastic people I have mentioned above (BB, Bunuel, Karishma, Mike) (And me, if you like!)

As you start your prep, do the following :
1. Read as many 'Debriefs' (including mine which is in the signature), study plans and craft what you think will best suit you!
2. Get all the material you think will be relevant to you from all over the club (Most like me might not be able to share it since they're under copyright and it's always better to not be circulating such material as there are people like @Akmaibrah who will not spare you.)

I believe i have mentioned quite a lot of relevant stuff in my debrief (My journey from 360 to 700). Hope it helps.

PS : If you like some post, explanation etc. - feel free to press Kudos. #GoodKarma

Vedant

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 5

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2017, 01:19
This post received
KUDOS
What percentage of tough questions (700+) should one expect for getting a score around 720 (Q~49,V~39)?? I have a month left for exam and want to focus on problem which are medium to hard. want to know how much should i focus (time in prepration) on hard problems?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2017, 05:11
All I need is 650. Test on 25th Jan. Help

I am going to give Gmat a 2nd time
First time I got 550 Q43 and V23

I studied english and gave mock today, scored V29

Q45 and V34 is what i need. What should i do in last three days to get that? Any tips any one?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2017, 22:15
This is a huge and great assistance. thank u

Expert Post
examPAL Representative

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 09:45
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Here are my tips for the few days leading up to D-day:

1. Two days before the exam, review your test plan. Based on your practice performance and the things you have learned from it, have a full strategy mapped out:
Decide for each section how many questions you are attempting to answer and how many you can gloss over, and time each section accordingly: divide it into 15-minute intervals and know how many you must solve in each interval, so that on the exam itself you can check your timing and speed things up if you’re behind.

2. The day before: take it off.
Resist the temptation to do just one more mock test or review the material one more time – you’ve already studied a lot, and the benefit such cramming will give you is small to nonexistent. It’s much more beneficial to give yourself a break. Do something you like. If the weather’s nice, go outside (remember outside? The place you used to go before you started sitting at a table and studying for the GMAT all day?) Spend some time with the people you love and have been ignoring for the past few weeks.

3. D-DAY::
In the morning at home, put a pencil in between your teeth, effectively forcing yourself to smile. Perform some celebratory gestures, such as fist pumps or raising your arms victoriously. This may seem forced, but fake it till you make it – these types of physical acts can actually change the way you feel for the better.

Upon arriving at the exam center, pause for a few minutes before entering. No pen and pencil are allowed inside the exam center, but find somewhere comfortable just outside and try the following: write on a piece of paper all your bad thoughts about the test, everything that is making you anxious and all the worst things that could happen. Next, take the paper, crumple it up or tear it and then – throw it in the trash. The purpose of this drill is to externalize your fears and concerns: by making them conscious and physically disposing of them you are getting them out of your system. This practice is based on psychological research that shows such actions tend to raise self-confidence and self-validation, and reduce stress among subjects.

Next, take a new piece of paper and rewrite your test strategy (which you already worked out fully two days prior). Note how many questions you must answer in each 15-minute interval of each section, what your PAL strategy looks like, and other important tips. You’ll have to throw the paper out as well (you can’t enter the test center with it) but hold this strategy in your head upon entering.

Enter the exam center, sign up and say to yourself, “Relax, it’s going to be great.” Ace it :)

Additionally, there are a few general tips which are relevant for the entire period leading up to the test:

- Sleep well:
Have a good night’s sleep every day during the week before the exam. Use guided imagery and deep breathing exercises to achieve muscle relaxation, reduce anxiety and avoid racing thoughts. In addition, turn off your television and cell phone or tablet at least 30 minutes before going to bed as they stimulate the brain. Instead, read a book or listen to soft music to help your body and mind relax.

- Exercise the same as always and eat nutritional food:
Balanced diet and exercise can help relieve anxiety. If you don’t exercise routinely, this is not the time to begin; however, some walking or running can help you release endorphins that which trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to morphine. In terms of food, drink enough water to stay hydrated, and limit or avoid alcohol; try to eat whole grains, vegetables and fruits rather than simple carbohydrates found in processed foods.

- Keep your routine and pace yourself:
Routine is often something we want to “break”, but not in this case. Keep doing your daily activities as you normally do. In particular, if your exam is scheduled for 9:00 A.M, practice the week before at the exact same hour so that when you arrive at the test center your body and mind will be ready for the task. In addition, avoid multitasking or reschedule tasks that can be done after the exam, so that you have enough energy left to do well on the test.

Dave Green
Senior tutor at examPAL

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 03:04
Good information i was looking fot it thanks

Re: What to do 30-14-7-3-1 Days before the test   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2017, 03:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 53 posts ] 

What to do 30-14-7-3-1 Days before the test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap