Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:17 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: What to do 30-14-7-3-1 Days before the gmat [#permalink]
Hello :)
Great post, yet I can't help contradicting a portion of the things.

In the first place, I would setup the arrangement just before you begin concentrating on. That way you have a set date. In the event that you require 3 months of concentrating on and setup the arrangement 30 days from the enormous day, you won't be as roused those initial two months, and not as much examining will complete. I know I wasn't the first occasion when I took it. At that point the second time, I setup the arrangement route ahead of time and passed.

1 Day before test - ought to be spent not pondering the test by any means. Wake up and do whatever you need. Along these lines you're not packing or going ballistic finally. That stuff can surface at test time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Followed this to quite a great extent. Proved beneficial in bolstering me from a 360 to a 700. (Link in signature)

Thanks bb

MGMAT CATs are all important. :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am just beginning my GMAT journey. I need to complete the GMAT by the end of February and I am wondering if anyone has some advice on how to prepare.

Slightly off topic I also need the answer for the following GMAT Questions Am I right with Question 1 D, Question 2 E Question 3 D

GMAT Question 1: Critical Reasoning: In Oaktown, a company owns a large factory and a superstore, which supplies most of the residents’ needs; the company also employs most of the residents. The president of the company decides it would be good for both the company and the residents if he automated most of the work in the factory; automation would lower production costs and the prices of the goods sold in the store. Which of the following statements below, if true, best highlights a flaw in the president’s plan? *

A. When the factory is automated, it will speed up production, providing the superstore with a larger inventory.
B. When the prices are lowered, residents will be able to afford more items, increasing their quality of life.
C. When the factory is automated, residents who lose their jobs could apply for jobs at the superstore.
D. When the factory is automated, many residents will be laid off and will not have enough money to afford what the superstore sells, even at lower prices.
E. If the factory closes down, the superstore will need to find a new source of goods to sell.

GMAT Question 2: Data Sufficiency:
Please determine whether the data provided by the statements are sufficient to answer the question.
The Financial News Daily has 25 reporters covering Asia, 20 covering Europe, and 20 covering North America. Four reporters cover Asia and Europe, but not North America, 6 reporters cover Asia and North America, but not Europe, and 7 reporters cover Europe and North America, but not Asia. How many reporters cover all of the 3 continents (Asia, Europe, and North America)?

1) The Financial News Daily has 38 reporters in total covering at least 1 of the following continents: Asia, Europe, and North America.

2) There are more Financial New Daily reporters covering only Asia than there are Financial New Daily reporters covering only North America.

A. If statement (1) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (2) by itself is not;
B. If statement (2) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (1) by itself is not;
C. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question, even though NEITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient
D. If EITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question
E. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question, requiring more data pertaining to the problem.

GMAT Question 3: Problem Solving:
Car A gets 25 percent more miles per gallon of gasoline than car B does. However, car A requires a special type of gasoline that costs 10 percent more than gasoline car B uses. If the two cars are driven equal distances, what percent less than the money spent on gasoline for car B is the money spent on gasoline for car A? *

A. 22.5% B. 17.5% C. 15% D. 12%E. 10%

Thanks for the help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
RGOOD wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am just beginning my GMAT journey. I need to complete the GMAT by the end of February and I am wondering if anyone has some advice on how to prepare.

Slightly off topic I also need the answer for the following GMAT Questions Am I right with Question 1 D, Question 2 E Question 3 D

GMAT Question 1: Critical Reasoning: In Oaktown, a company owns a large factory and a superstore, which supplies most of the residents’ needs; the company also employs most of the residents. The president of the company decides it would be good for both the company and the residents if he automated most of the work in the factory; automation would lower production costs and the prices of the goods sold in the store. Which of the following statements below, if true, best highlights a flaw in the president’s plan? *

A. When the factory is automated, it will speed up production, providing the superstore with a larger inventory.
B. When the prices are lowered, residents will be able to afford more items, increasing their quality of life.
C. When the factory is automated, residents who lose their jobs could apply for jobs at the superstore.
D. When the factory is automated, many residents will be laid off and will not have enough money to afford what the superstore sells, even at lower prices.
E. If the factory closes down, the superstore will need to find a new source of goods to sell.

GMAT Question 2: Data Sufficiency:
Please determine whether the data provided by the statements are sufficient to answer the question.
The Financial News Daily has 25 reporters covering Asia, 20 covering Europe, and 20 covering North America. Four reporters cover Asia and Europe, but not North America, 6 reporters cover Asia and North America, but not Europe, and 7 reporters cover Europe and North America, but not Asia. How many reporters cover all of the 3 continents (Asia, Europe, and North America)?

1) The Financial News Daily has 38 reporters in total covering at least 1 of the following continents: Asia, Europe, and North America.

2) There are more Financial New Daily reporters covering only Asia than there are Financial New Daily reporters covering only North America.

A. If statement (1) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (2) by itself is not;
B. If statement (2) BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question, but statement (1) by itself is not;
C. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question, even though NEITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient
D. If EITHER statement BY ITSELF is sufficient to answer the question
E. If statement (1) and (2) TAKEN TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question, requiring more data pertaining to the problem.

GMAT Question 3: Problem Solving:
Car A gets 25 percent more miles per gallon of gasoline than car B does. However, car A requires a special type of gasoline that costs 10 percent more than gasoline car B uses. If the two cars are driven equal distances, what percent less than the money spent on gasoline for car B is the money spent on gasoline for car A? *

A. 22.5% B. 17.5% C. 15% D. 12%E. 10%

Thanks for the help

Hi, welcome to GMATClub.
Couple of pointers :

1. If you have any question that you have a doubt in - just key it on Google and end your question with GMATClub and you'll (in 95% of the cases) be directed to the link containing a solution to the question. (GMATClub has solutions to all problems on GMAT thanks to some amazing people like bb Bunuel VeritasPrepKarishma, @mikemcgarry)
2. Post questions only in the relevant forums (Navigate to 'Home' and you'll see the 'Forums' there.
3. While posting a question, specify the stem correctly and the answer choices (For Problem solving on Q section, CR, SC and RC. You need to just post the question with the 2 statements for DS, the options are known to all!)
4. Follow the fantastic people I have mentioned above (BB, Bunuel, Karishma, Mike) (And me, if you like!)

As you start your prep, do the following :
1. Read as many 'Debriefs' (including mine which is in the signature), study plans and craft what you think will best suit you!
2. Get all the material you think will be relevant to you from all over the club (Most like me might not be able to share it since they're under copyright and it's always better to not be circulating such material as there are people like @Akmaibrah who will not spare you.)

I believe i have mentioned quite a lot of relevant stuff in my debrief (My journey from 360 to 700). Hope it helps.

PS : If you like some post, explanation etc. - feel free to press Kudos. #GoodKarma

Vedant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
What percentage of tough questions (700+) should one expect for getting a score around 720 (Q~49,V~39)?? I have a month left for exam and want to focus on problem which are medium to hard. want to know how much should i focus (time in prepration) on hard problems?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
All I need is 650. Test on 25th Jan. Help

I am going to give Gmat a 2nd time
First time I got 550 Q43 and V23

I studied english and gave mock today, scored V29

Q45 and V34 is what i need. What should i do in last three days to get that? Any tips any one?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Good information i was looking fot it thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Send PM
My heart goes faster than ever when I read the post. who knows what will happen when I take the real test? Help me please......
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
MomoJiayou wrote:
My heart goes faster than ever when I read the post. who knows what will happen when I take the real test? Help me please......

MomoJiayou

Not sure what you need help with. Check this topic https://gmatclub.com/forum/live-chat-to ... 79401.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.31
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
bb I believe a few of these details are outdated now. Now, you cannot reschedule 14 days or more prior to your test date without penalty. You face a $60 reschedule fee for rescheduling 7 days or more from your test date.
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 5578 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
UPDATE

The rescheduling fee has been revised to 60$, (7 or more days before the test), otherwise, you lose all.

bb wrote:
Clarification on cancellation vs. rescheduling:

1. You can reschedule as long as you are more than 7 days out for a $50 fee (7 or more days before the test), otherwise, you lose all
2. You can cancel and get a refund of $80 as long as you are more than 7 days out (7 or more days before the test), otherwise, you lose all.
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 5578 [2]
Given Kudos: 236
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
One can reschedule more than 7 calendar days before the scheduled test date: US$60.00 fee (each time you reschedule)
Source: https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-questions/making-and-changing-your-gmat-exam-appointment#question0

frrcattack wrote:
bb I believe a few of these details are outdated now. Now, you cannot reschedule 14 days or more prior to your test date without penalty. You face a $60 reschedule fee for rescheduling 7 days or more from your test date.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Very insightful article, BB!

I’ve also written an article that has some advice regarding how to treat the final week leading up to your GMAT as well as some tips for test day.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I have updated the topic with the GMAT Online information and some of the other tips.
Thank you everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3