Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, that's quite a post!

Honestly I think your best bet would be to take a course like Princeton Review. It would help you across the board and better guide your prep. I find PR to be the best for verbal prep and for overall test-taking skills, so I would go with them. If you can't do a course, then get their books but I do think a course will best help you at this point.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

I like to ask how students they perform in their native or other strong language because it is important to stress how much of the verbal test is not a test of English per se but a test of reading and reasoning. Assuming one is sufficiently strong in English, the main contructs tapped are indeed reading and reasoning. If you are strong in these skills in another language, this skills can generally "translate" to the GMAT. Alternatively, one could argue that these skills are independent of the language of expression past a certain threshold of achievement in each language.

Accordingly, I found it interesting that the test of grammar was your strongest section while the reading section was your weakest section.

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort,

At this stage what will your recommendations be to improve my Verbal?I would appreciate if you can give tips for all components(SC,RC,CR) of the Verbal.Thank you.Rgds,

Anna
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Anna,
When you took the first GMAX Online verbal lesson, about Reading Skills, and you learned how to do the overview, did you take it seriously and try the method until you felt comfortable with it? The GMAX Overview Method is very powerful, and will get most students at least a 75% score in the reading, within the time allotted for the passage. If the Overview system proves to be too hard for you to get used to, email me directly, and I will give you an alternative method that works very well for many students.

If you need more reading or sentence correction practice, email me and I will send you a great many questions. As you know, we help students understand the questions, the answers, and the methods of solving them either by web-conferencing or by telephone for only a slight fee.

I see that you have taken the time to analyze your scores on each type of question. Why don't you send us a typical question of each type you consistently get wrong, and let our tutors help you find your main mistakes. Sometimes there is one idea that has not been learned that makes all the difference. How many times have you taken the GMAX Online lessons in your weak sections? Don't forget that you can take each lesson repeatedly, and with no time limit. Use that privilege to review and review again.

However, don't forget that the percentage you get right on any section does not necessarily translate into the percentile of test-takers you will be in when you take the test. It is possible to get 75% right and get a very high score on the verbal section, although not on the math section. It is just a question of how well the others did and your relative position.

Also, look at the lessons page again. We have added three free GMAT CAT tests from Upstart Raising that will predict your score. So far the Upstart Raising scores are somewhat lower than the real scores, which is good. We are still taking the results from students to see if this relationship is constant. When you are done with the first test, send me your score. If you need help with any problem, the questions are visable to both you and a tutor at the same time, over the internet. Email me for your code and contact GMAX whenever you like.
GOOD LUCK!

Regards,
Leanna
Director, https://www.gmaxonline.com
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]