GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 04:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Where should I apply to with GMAT 680?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Where should I apply to with GMAT 680?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 14:38
Hi everyone
I just took gmat and I got 680 V31 Q50.
My profile:
32 Years old, Iranian (might be an advantage since we don't have that many applicants to US schools here)
bachelor's degree computer engineering GPA 2.6 , MBA from Iran, with GPA 3.4
8 years relevant working experience in tech and manufacturing as CEO
1 international patent holder (don't know if this has any impact on my resume)

I do not have the smallest idea about which school in US or Canada to apply to. I just did the exam and have not looked into any programs yet.
Which ones do you guys think fit the best to my profile? I think somewhere around Mendoza ? Ranks 20 30 ish?
Do I have a chance for UCLA or USC? Or should I go down to UC Irvine and UC Davis??

Ofcourse getting a scholarship of at least 60% is a must because I do not have any other means of getting a loan or financing my education.
Or maybe I do??
HEC & IMD School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Where should I apply to with GMAT 680?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 22:32
Hi,
I think your age is near to higher limit for American schools. You need to research about the schools which allow for Second MBA and you need to find concrete reasons for why 2nd MBA? In the meantime, I suggest you to hit GMAT 700 mark as well to at least get some scholarships.

You need to introspect a lot. Make stories and what you are going to do with this MBA and in which field. International patent has definitely an impact on resume.

If you want 60% and fixed on it then it will be quite hard to get success. You need to be flexible with goals and desires.
For loans, you can check 'Prodigy Finance' whether they give for Iranians or not.

sebo08 wrote:
Hi everyone
My profile:
32 Years old, Iranian (might be an advantage since we don't have that many applicants to US schools here)

I do not have the smallest idea about which school in US or Canada to apply to. I just did the exam and have not looked into any programs yet.
Which ones do you guys think fit the best to my profile? I think somewhere around Mendoza ? Ranks 20 30 ish?
Do I have a chance for UCLA or USC? Or should I go down to UC Irvine and UC Davis??

Ofcourse getting a scholarship of at least 60% is a must because I do not have any other means of getting a loan or financing my education.
Or maybe I do??

"Nobody can predict your admit chances unless you apply"
VP
VP
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 10:30
sebo08 wrote:
Hi everyone
My profile:

Of course getting a scholarship of at least 60% is a must because I do not have any other means of getting a loan or financing my education.
Or maybe I do??

Yes, you can try for UCLA or USC with a probability of good chance with your current profile. Better if you take a test again so that you can add at least 20 points in your GMAT score.
For scholarship, you should knock "prodigy firm". They can help you so far I know.
All the best for your application package.
Thanks__

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 12:59
Thanks Asad and sjas31 for the reply. Is this 700 GMAT really a cut off point for scholarships? Cruz most people think so. Is it really a make or break factor for the schools? And is it worth retaking the test instead of putting time for a better application package? Not much time left for applications and Time is not in my favor Cruz the deadlines as I see are in early January and I am 32!!
HEC & IMD School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 03:41
Hi,
700 is not really a cut off. It depends on the average score of the school. If you apply in a school which has an average score of 600, then 680-700 will be considered strong. If your score is similar to average, then there are other things such as experience, diversity, exceptional things will be considered and compared. I think, it's better to put this time in making overall application good.

sebo08 wrote:
Thanks Asad and sjas31 for the reply. Is this 700 GMAT really a cut off point for scholarships? Cruz most people think so. Is it really a make or break factor for the schools? And is it worth retaking the test instead of putting time for a better application package? Not much time left for applications and Time is not in my favor Cruz the deadlines as I see are in early January and I am 32!!

"Nobody can predict your admit chances unless you apply"
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Where should I apply to with GMAT 680?   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2019, 03:41

Where should I apply to with GMAT 680?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi