GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 12:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Which Master programme - ESADE, IE, Babson or RSM

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Babson   ESADE   Erasmus (RSM)   IE   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Which Master programme - ESADE, IE, Babson or RSM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2017, 12:35
Hello guys!
First I want to thank you all for being active and providing all the available information here. It was of great use to me.
Before I tell you the exact programs, here is some basic information for me:
I am a 26 y.o. Bulgarian citizen and only studied abroad for one semester.
I am an entrepreneur - now working in my second company, doing renovation services - nothing tech.
I have 2 bachelors - Business Administration and Marketing. Have a national marketing award and won a municipality hackathon.
Currently, looking for international exposure and something to boost my cv so I can get an international job afterwards. Preferably in consulting - PM, general or innovation. I have a passion for marketing, innovation and creating win-win situations out of nowhere.
I couldn't afford to lose the focus of my business, so I got a mid GMAT - 640. MBA is not an option because my graduation was 2016 and respectively have not enough post-grad experience.
So:
ESADE - Global Strategic Management
The program is in 3 universities/continents - 15 weeks at McIntire, 9 weeks at Lignan, and 15 weeks at ESADE. In the end I will receive 2 degrees - from McIntire and ESADE.
Sounds amazing, I will meet a lot of people, get a lot of inspiration. And degrees. However, I am still not sure what am I getting as knowledge - general management frameworks?

I.E. - Master in Customer Experience and Innovation - newly built program
It's the first year of the program and looks amazing. A lot of innovation, a bit psychology and a bit business. I am actually really excited about the program and what we are going to be studying. However, I am not sure that it trains decision-makers and this is what I actually am good at and want to continue being one.

Babson - MSc in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership
The program is 24 years in a row N1 in entrepreneurship. However, I have serious doubts about how recognized Babson is. On the other hand - the program looks perfect for proactive people and looks like I am going to fit perfectly. They gave me 15k scholarship.

RSM - Management of Innovation
The biggest advantage so far is that it is a lot cheaper. However, the university looks a bit academic for what I am looking?

I applied to 5 universities, and they all were actually a long-shot to me. However, it appears that I am a desirable candidate in spite of my poor gmat and previous studies.
Any advise is appreciated, especially from people who got some hands-on experience.
P.S. HSG sent the best letter of refusal. They stated that admission .... ba dum tssss .... is not possible! lol
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Re: Which Master programme - ESADE, IE, Babson or RSM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 12:19
Hi there,

Although Im going to RSM myself (Msc Strategic Management though), I think among your list IE might be the most competitive. If your goal is getting frameworks and understanding of general management, I believe that you can check the curriculum offered from each of those unis and get a feel of what you will actually learn.

I think the most important part of learning is how you actually absorb the information that you will obtain either from your lecturers or your environment. I myself aspire to be a consultant too, and the main reasons Im going to RSM is their diversity and Netherlands as I heard they are the most english-fluent nation in Europe other than UK ofc. In any case, I believe that getting the framework and understanding how management applies in different countries (diversity among classmates) will give you a better framework in terms of management.

Babson is geared more towards entrepreneurship I heard and I personally never have a good feel for ESADE, anyway since I think you already have a good fundamental of being a decision maker, I think the most important aspect will be the quality of your learning environment (lecturers and classmates). My personal suggestion will be either IE or RSM if your goal is to be a consultant.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 02:33
Congrats :-D

I always prefer no to rush into another degree after undergrad study until you have spent 1-2 years. Real life experience will help somehow you shape some goals in life. It could make you discover new challenges that you want to pursue. From your analysis above, I feel that you still struggle about what you want. However I will throw my 2 cents about the schools above.

You must to know where you want to end up living and work. In Spain you have wonderful schools but you are not certain what they will deliver to you. In ESADE, you must delve into the course and curriculum to know more about it. In addition, you must the check the recruiter of the program and how market receive graduates from this program. You need to contact career service and current students to know more.

Although I like IE, being in first wave is unclear for anyone to predicate the success of the program and more importantly who the recruiter of the program will be.

Babson is known school for its entrepreneurship studies and ranks high in this specialty. At least in its MBA program it builds the curriculum to serve enraptures along with some sort of fund to practice. But I do not know about you program. The H1B status is still unclear and no one knows about. However, some internationals still travel and pursue study and take risk.

RSM is one of the leading schools in Europe and the economy is doing well with English-friendly country. However, you need to know really if you the courses will serve your goals. Also, I advise to talk directly with current students to get more about the pros and cons about the program and check with them opportunities after graduation.

Good luck
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 13:38
Thank you guys a lot for your answers.
I have quite a lot experience - all the time I was working and studying. However it was mainly as a CEO and was expected to be the decision maker. Somehow this restricts my options to learn from other people - especially when working mainly with construction workers. This means that my short-term goal is to find environment full of ambitious people that I can meet and learn from.
So let me share my current thoughts.
Babson appears to be too risky - it is worth it only if I want to stay there for a while. I prefer traveling and can not find the motivation to fight for it.
IE haves another advantage - It would give me the option to learn Spanish. I would be really happy if by the end I have some considerable knowledge in the language. The program still looks amazing - the humane-centered innovation and the design of experiences is awesome and futuristic. Still a great risk too. I would love to spend a year in Madrid!
RSM - I am trying not to consider the financial part of the programs but there is still an advantage here. In addition it is a proven program and involves consultancy preparation and nice electives. Rotterdam looks a bit small but I guess it is enjoyable with so many internationals :)
ESADE - When not considering the financial part - it is the most expensive. However - 3 continents and 2 diplomas sounds amazing. On the other side, the exact program looks like it is made a bit more to be desirable rather than to be useful. I doubt getting in-depth knowledge for 15 weeks anywhere. Still it is only the second year of the program and I also doubt the coordination between the 3 universities.

Unfortunately, I am still far away from making the decision and actually have no favorite. I am trying to evaluate also my personal benefits and the career opportunities after.
IE - I like the values of the university and guess I would fit well there. However, I am not sure how much of what is on paper is true. I will also learn some Spanish and knowing English, German and Spanish looks great on paper too. My biggest doubts here are about how consultancy recruiters are going to translate Customer Experience and Innovation. Guess I can get a project management certificate in the meantime so I can help them a bit?
RSM - I guess the people will be a whole lot of different here. I don't intend on studying a lot of language there though. Looks great for recruiters, not sure about general consulting though. Still, I will travel a lot from there and visit everything in at least 500km radius.
ESADE - Definitely a lot of experience, a lot of culture shock/pleasure. Looks good for consulting. Won't learn a lot of language though. China is appealing. Virginia not that much. I can stay in Barca a bit more though.

I really never expected that I am going to have to choose from these four. Totally not prepared for it.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 22:48
Here's my update:
Finally took the decision to go to IE. Looks like the best fit to what I want and guess I will be happy to stay 10 months in Madrid.
RSM didn't catch me with their program. 5 core courses and 3 electives looks like too less for a year. In addition to the mostly academic background of the teachers, helped me scratch it from the list.
The final decision was between ESADE and IE, but the programs are really different. I have the business background from my bachelors and thus I decided that I won't get much more from ESADE except the traveling experience. In addition, I had a totally clumsy, not satisfying and even insulting communication with their admissions associate. I chose not to be taught of this kind of attitude.
So here I am - excited to be a future student in Madrid and frustrated by the tiny amount of time that's left for me to put everything into place with my company.
Thank y'all for the insights.
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 23:47
Congrats for your choice!

I have looked at IE's curriculums, teachers background and methods of teachings, and have once concluded that it is too entrepreneurial for me. I decided to attend RSM due to my limited WE and due to their curriculums somewhat more suitable for someone who has limited WEs.

I think given your goals, your choice to get into IE is an excellent choice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Which Master programme - ESADE, IE, Babson or RSM   [#permalink] 18 Jun 2017, 23:47

Which Master programme - ESADE, IE, Babson or RSM

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate