It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 16:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which MSc in Finance?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Which MSc in Finance? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2016, 03:58
Hi guys, I have already read a lot of discussions on similar topics but I would really appreciate if you could give me a specific advice.
Well, in July I am going to graduate at Universita degli Studi di Pisa, right now my average score is 29/30 and I think I can make it to graduate with 110 cum laude. I have a 700 in the GMAT and 7 in the IELTS test (I got 6 in the writing part, basically losing the conditional offer I had received from RSM) and I have just finished an erasmus stay at Universite du Luxembourg. I have no relevant working experiences and I speak Italian (I am from Italy), english and just a bit of French.
I would like to work in a financial institution such as the ECB or IMF in something related with the banking sector. That's my final purpose. Of course before that I would like to make experiences in commercial banks or working as financial analyst.
Having said that in order to allow you to have an insight into the kind of person I am, here is my "issue": which is the best MSc Programme for me? :?: :?: :?: :?:
-MBF at University of St. Gallen: I have read several conflicting reviews. I am worried that it is not very suitable for a non speaking german. What do you think?
-MSc in Finance at Tilburg University: I have already received an offer. A good programme but is it recognized in the labor market?
-Msc in Finance at Bocconi: It is too expensive, do you think it is possible to get a scholarship? I know I should be accepted with a 700 in the GMAT. Moreover I have read that the first year is really tough with a lot of maths for which is required a strong knowledge, isn't it?
-ESADE's Programme: Again it is expensive but I find the programme really interesting with the chance of doing a second year in another university.

My first choice was St. Gallen before reading several negative reviews, so now I am stuck. I have not yet applied at bocconi and ESADE and I do not know if spending again 200 euro for 2 applications is worthwhile.

Please provide me with your ideas and suggest me also other good programmes.
Thank you in advance.
Davide.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 2

Re: Which MSc in Finance? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 23:12
Bocconi is a top program. They provide scholarships depending on how well you do with the GMAT. It is difficult though. A buddy of mine is doing the program now.

St. Gallen is another top program, but i've heard the issues you've heard of as well. ESEAD isn't horrible. Why not some UK schools?

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 2

Re: Which MSc in Finance?   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2016, 23:12

Which MSc in Finance?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap