Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos

Which school has the best application

You may select 1 option
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kellogg looses for:

1) lacking single sign on (different logins for status check and the app)
2) Poor implementation of Part I / Part II system - once you submit Part II, the only way to get back to it is by manually cahnging the url at the top.

GSB looses for:
1) Does not render right in firefox.
2) Back button = death to the app. Login and log back out. Close all browsers.

Cornell looses for:
1) Clumsy interface requiring multiple clicks to get to what you want.

Darden looses for:
1) Poorly integrated interview / application (why upload the resume twice?, why does scheduling the interview take me completely out of the app?)

HBS wins for:
1) Functional interface
2) Renders in all browsers
3) Most comprehensive application by FAR. They ask twice what everyone else asks.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually, when I first saw the question, I thought you were asking which school had the best application - as in which school had the best questions (short answer, essay, whatever) that would help them pick out the best applicants.

I haven't done any applications yet so I can't comment on their ease of use, etc., and to tell you the truth as long as they don't crash or have errors while I'm working on them I really don't care.

Before I read Rhyme's answer I was going to say HBS as well - for most comprehensive. You can tell from their questions exactly what they are looking for, and there is no way to hide. If you aren't exactly what they are looking for, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb. In fact, the more I look over their application, the more I feel like dropping them from my list. But even aside from my personal chances at HBS, I think their questions really go the extra mile to get distinguishing information from their applicants.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
Actually, when I first saw the question, I thought you were asking which school had the best application - as in which school had the best questions (short answer, essay, whatever) that would help them pick out the best applicants.

I haven't done any applications yet so I can't comment on their ease of use, etc., and to tell you the truth as long as they don't crash or have errors while I'm working on them I really don't care.

Before I read Rhyme's answer I was going to say HBS as well - for most comprehensive. You can tell from their questions exactly what they are looking for, and there is no way to hide. If you aren't exactly what they are looking for, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb. In fact, the more I look over their application, the more I feel like dropping them from my list. But even aside from my personal chances at HBS, I think their questions really go the extra mile to get distinguishing information from their applicants.

They are the only application that asks for tons of detailed information about each firm I've worked for - not just address and contact info, but also industry, function, size, annual revenue, etc.

They also ask for details about each extracurricular and go so far as to ask for contact information for each one. No other school has done this so far - most simply ask me to list, and provide hours, whether I was elected or appointed, etc.

It's by far the longest application as well - I cant remember all the stuff they asked now but it had a ton of information I had to look up. Then again, maybe it just feels that way because it was the first school I did - so virtually every question required some kind of follow up on my part ("Oh gosh, whats the annual revenue of that firm I worked for 4 years ago?" or "The phone number to that extracurricular? Geez, who the heck do I list for it?" or "What's my dad's official title at his job?") -- so maybe its perception - because virtually every darned field required some research or thought.

It's also the only school that asked me for six essays.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]