GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 May 2020, 02:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Which Schools to apply

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Which Schools to apply  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2013, 22:15
Hi

I am Prakash.I gave my GMAT (670 Q45 V37).I have 5.5 Yrs of experience working in Supply Chain Management Consulting.I would like to work in Supply Chain Management or Management Consulting post MBA.Just wanted to know what schools should i apply?

Thanks
P.Prakash
Intern
Intern
Re: Which Schools to apply  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2013, 13:47
Prakash -

Primarily taking your GMAT score into consideration, many of the strong supply chain MBA programs are actually pretty well within reach for you. To help maximize your competitiveness on the academic dimension, you should really focus your attention on programs where your GMAT score as at least at or fairly well above the average GMAT score. US News ranks the top MBA programs for supply chain, and here are their top 7 (a few are tied)

1. MIT, avg GMAT 710
2. Michigan State, avg GMAT 641
3. Penn State University, avg GMAT 643
4. Ohio State University, avg GMAT 668
4. Stanford, avg GMAT 729
6. Arizona State, avg GMAT 676
6. Carnegie Mellon, avg GMAT 693

There is no way I would encourage you to apply to MIT or Stanford - don't take it personally, but it's just not going to happen with your current GMAT score so I think you should save your application fees for other things. But I think you could be competitive at just about all of the others. Carnegie Mellon would definitely be a stretch school for you. Take a closer look at those programs and see which ones are the best fit to your background, personality, and career goals. I think any one of them could serve you fairly well.

I hope that's useful advice, and best wishes on your applications!

Regards,
Jon
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Which Schools to apply   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2013, 13:47

Which Schools to apply

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate