Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619022 [10]
Given Kudos: 81595
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [2]
Given Kudos: 195
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Re: Without information that could only have come from someone present at [#permalink]
Kudos
experts please explain why not E , yea A for sure after the answer why not E is , was and will be the question
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Without information that could only have come from someone present at [#permalink]
GMATNinja Can you please throw some light on how we arrived at option A and what is the thought process required to get to that option. I kind of eliminated all options based on my understanding of flaw being -> coincidental evidence was equated to causality and it took me 4m 54s and then guessed D. YOur explanation here would be a great help.

Thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 332
Send PM
Re: Without information that could only have come from someone present at [#permalink]
ayushkumar007 wrote:
GMATNinja Can you please throw some light on how we arrived at option A and what is the thought process required to get to that option. I kind of eliminated all options based on my understanding of flaw being -> coincidental evidence was equated to causality and it took me 4m 54s and then guessed D. YOur explanation here would be a great help.

Thanks

It's weird, yes the possibility exists that the opposition was the culprit, but the way A is phrased doesn't make that clear.

A) basically says the evidence "the aide was the only person who witnessed" supports a competing conclusion (presumably that the opposition leaked the info). Awkward...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 226
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
nikhilgaur40 wrote:
Did not understand Why Option A?

I think it is Option A because the argument fails to take into account that the leader of the opposition party could have also been the leak. This is correctly shown in option A. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts