Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [1]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think it is more about the quality of work experience. were you promoted ahead of your peers? Did you stand out in any way or make significant contributions, ...that sort of thing is important I believe.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well... if I had done a few more years I would have a better position with which to apply... but yes, there are some who get stellar positions and skyrocket in a very short time. But I think that for most you probably need about 5yrs before you are at a point where the work ex is going to be at a level the tops want to see. Is it possible that some could work 5yrs and still have a poor position... of course.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
Well... if I had done a few more years I would have a better position with which to apply... but yes, there are some who get stellar positions and skyrocket in a very short time. But I think that for most you probably need about 5yrs before you are at a point where the work ex is going to be at a level the tops want to see. Is it possible that some could work 5yrs and still have a poor position... of course.

I think you cannot put extra importance to one data point when it comes to admissions..... after all we don't call it ..... BS just for the heck of it.

Jokes aside I have a UNC admit and have less than 4 yrs... sure I have a 740 but who knows what they like about me.... my 740 .... my recos .... or my essays....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jaynayak wrote:
Jokes aside I have a UNC admit and have less than 4 yrs... sure I have a 740 but who knows what they like about me.... my 740 .... my recos .... or my essays....

Or your good looks?
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Re: Work Ex [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Work Ex [#permalink]