Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 276 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Re: worst nightmare :( :( :( [#permalink]
work on your verbal. your quant is a very very good. review MGMAT SC
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i had already worked hard and i improved.... still i don't know what went wrong :( :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
i think you were just anxious... clearly that is not indicative of your real level.

you know what my mgmat instructors were all telling me? nerves screw with so many people - so much that most of the retakers decide not to study AT ALL during that 31 day wait, and they come out with a score thats a good 50 points higher - just because theyre not so nervous anymore!

if you know that youve studied all you can, and there isnt much more you can do - i say, just stay brushed up on the material, take it easy, and spend some time getting into the right frame of mind. you'll do great! stay optimistic and dont be so hard on yourself. we both know that you are very capable of getting scores in the high-600s...!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
while scoring high on Gmatprep i was thinking that i will easily be able to manage 720+
but now after all dreams got shattered...i am not at all confident.....i am not able to analyse what went wrong? I was cruising thru the verbal section and this is the worst score ever i had got.... :(
Retired Moderator
Status:<strong>Go crazy and use every bit of potential.</strong>
Affiliations: Many NGOs!
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey man, you are not alone. I'm also in the same boat :(

Today only I started my journey again.. We will get our life back.. let's keep on fighting..
Retired Moderator
Status:<strong>Go crazy and use every bit of potential.</strong>
Affiliations: Many NGOs!
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
extrapages I have read your story, it is impressive..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I empathize with your situation. That is the lowest Verbal score I have ever seen. And given the fact that you were consistently pulling up 30+ on Verbal,this score is surprising or rather shocking.
I'd strongly suggest that you gather yourself up over the next few days and I'm sure that you'd be able to rebound and be able to perform even better. You know that you are made to get that 700 and you don't have to go too far to get an evidence for that because you already had been getting good scores.

The good thing is you have an awesome quant score. 49 is too good. So at least now you know what not to worry about and what to focus on. Leave no stone unturned this time to beat the Verbal monster .And all said and done, we as a community are there with you at each step. Whenever you're down and out, just pour in your heart here and you'll see how much better you'll feel with the support you get here. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
deeplakshya,
did you see this?
cant link but search for
Weird Verbal Scores on actual GMAT
its a thread under "share your GMAT experience"

Originally posted by extrapages on 08 Nov 2010, 11:13.
Last edited by extrapages on 08 Nov 2010, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks EP..... verbal-12 it's haunting me!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks rishi....thanks for your kind words
Retired Moderator
Send PM
same boat fellas. Scored pretty decent on quant and pretty low, lower than usual on verbal. I usually score in the mid 30's area and I got a 25. That's a 10 point difference!

I don't know, there's been a recently hype in complaints about the verbal scores being unusually low. Which means probably 1 or a combination of two things.

1. GMAC is wrong
2. GMAC is making their problems more and more tricky.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
One thing i can make out that I was practicing only OG-12 for the last month of Gmat.
I did not practice anything new...
Retired Moderator
Send PM
just because you practiced from the OG doesn't mean much. The question is, did you learn from the OG the month before the exam? I did all of the OG for verbal, understood all of it and still got a 25V. When I saw that on the screen I didn't know if I was hallucinating or whether I should laugh or cry or something. So trust me, I understand your feeling. I'm preparing to take it again with additional practice just because I think it was a "fluke" and hoping for the best with the best of preparation out there. I use Kaplan, MGMAT, GMATprep, and 800score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 276 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Yaa guys .. I m also again on the track for GMAT.. my recent scores from Manhattan on sun Total - 670 (Q-46 & V-35) on wed Manhattan 680 (Q-47 & V-36)

But this time i m not seeing my score at all but the mistakes & reading each & every option explanation till do not understand them. with every day (practice) to the power (practice) to power infinity times till body & brain shut all the doors to let is more info.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aimkp...can you Pls elaborate...

guys still i am not able to make out what went wrong in my preparation strategy( still my heart says it was a bug in my real exam :( )
Retired Moderator
Send PM
deeplakshya wrote:
aimkp...can you Pls elaborate...

guys still i am not able to make out what went wrong in my preparation strategy( still my heart says it was a bug in my real exam :( )

if that's the case then you're ready to rock-n-roll. sign up for another test preferably at a different location. I too, had some question of whether they had bugged my test or whatever but there's no real way of finding that out as I'm sure GMAC won't tell you even if they did have a bug simply for the fact that it opens too many doors to potential errors for everyone else. So trust me, they won't tell you. They never have and never will.

Just take it again, different location, and focus, eat before, and be sure not to study 2 days before the exam just so you don't go in all stressed out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey

u are not the only 1 in this world who is going through this.
So many people are unable to crack the Gmat on the first or second try, but never loose hope buddy.If you think you can do it, then you can do it.

I have given GMAT twice, scored a 650 on both the occasions(although got a 6 on my AWA second time round) and was doing well in my practice tests before the exam, but somehow managed to screw my exam.
Don't worry, take a break for a couple of days.
I will suggest just pick up few novels or books and start reading stuff. Don't think about the course for 1-2 weeks at least and just get used to reading a lot of stuff.Once you get comfortable reading and start reading fast then pick up your course and see what are your weak areas and try to improve them.

good luck mate
hope to see a post from you soon, saying you cracked the gmat:)

tc
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts