Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
MerBiz,

There it is! My first question ... no MIT? Talk about a great school for you. You've got the chops, you have the innovation-tech focused career, and you help them with the female demo. I think you would be a great fit at Sloan.

As for your other choices, Stanford is a real "black box" school and is always hard to read. Tuck would be a great choice and you will be very competitive as long as you nail school fit and really showcase a desire to come be part of the experience there. Anderson is teamwork/leadership focused and fits with Stanford and Tuck in the way the school really wants to tap into who you are as a person. That is true also of [strike]Tuck[/strike] Haas [10/23 edit, PL], which is a great choice for you.

Not sure I see as much appeal with Texas and Tepper. Unless you want to work in that Austin market, Texas might be selling yourself a tiny bit short. Maybe I don't know enough about Tepper, but I don't see it as being on par with the rest of your list.

Kellogg gets overlooked in this area, but has a great major in tech and e-commerce. I would put that on the short list as well.

The key will be showcasing the fit with all of these schools and bringing the other b school themes (leadership, teamwork, maturity, innovation, etc.) to the surface.

PM if you want to discuss further!

Respectfully,

Paul Lanzillotti
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the help, Paul!

I have booked a trip to Boston to visit Sloan! I really don't know why I wasn't including that on my list.

My new list is: Tepper, McCombs, Sloan, and Haas. All are ranked high in Entrepreneurship aside from Tepper and many are high in IS. I'm a Pittsburgh resident so Tepper is a must!

If you have any feedback on the revised list, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great list. Balanced, good mix of super selective and merely "very selective." Sloan and Haas are particularly tricky applications to navigate so if you need any help, be sure to reach out to us. You can PM me if you are ever interested in a consultation.

Have a great trip to Boston - I think you are going to love Sloan.

-PL
GMAT Club Bot