GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 10:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 10:46
Has anybody received anything?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 13:01
I just received an Email - rejection.
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 13:03
Waitlisted for me... Sorry to hear inter.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 06:09
Sorry I just found this forum. I attended the February interview from California. They called on Friday and told me I was accepted,and then I received an email about 2 hours later saying that the decision was made and I should check my application.

I applied to the health care tract, had a 155 EA, and also 2 prior grad degrees.

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q170 V157
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 20:30
educationjunkie wrote:
Sorry I just found this forum. I attended the February interview from California. They called on Friday and told me I was accepted,and then I received an email about 2 hours later saying that the decision was made and I should check my application.

I applied to the health care tract, had a 155 EA, and also 2 prior grad degrees.

Hey educationjunkie - wonder if you could share a little bit about your interview experience with Yale! thx!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 18:57
Absolutely! I was scheduled to do the group discussion first, and it was a good experience. Everyone had an opportunity to share their opinion, and I never felt like it was an antagonistic discussion. It felt truly collaborative.

I then had my one-on-one interview with an alumnus of the program who was very much by the book with his questions, but then provided some real insight into the program with his answers to my questions. After that I had my 2nd interview with a member of the AdCom, but I luckily had spoken with her several times before over this past year in the application process, so I felt very comfortable during the process. Since I'm in the healthcare tract, I along with 2 others had to have lunch with Howard Forman, the faculty director of that focus (it's one of his requirements). But after lunch we sat through the Healthcare Innovation class with Greg Licholai, and I have to admit, this was the most inspiring part of the interview process for me, as I was able to see the caliber of instruction, and the amazing faculty the program has at its disposal.

I hope that helps!

Xiongfan wrote:

Hey educationjunkie - wonder if you could share a little bit about your interview experience with Yale! thx!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 21:59
As the deadline has passed, anyone also applied in the third round?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale EMBA'21 (D)
GMAT 1: 200 Q60 V60
GPA: 3.86

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 07:32
Xiongfan wrote:

I applied in the 3rd round. I'm guessing from the fact that I never got an interview invitation that I'm rejected.

Intern
Intern
B
WE: Operations (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 07:51
EMBAMaybe1 wrote:
Xiongfan wrote:

I applied in the 3rd round. I'm guessing from the fact that I never got an interview invitation that I'm rejected.

I applied as well and am thinking the same thing. Application still says "under review" on the portal but not sure how often that is updated.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 08:12
wilfordlee wrote:
EMBAMaybe1 wrote:
Xiongfan wrote:

I applied as well and am thinking the same thing. Application still says "under review" on the portal but not sure how often that is updated.

Are you applying for the executive or regular mba?
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Operations (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 22:33
Are you applying for the executive or regular mba?[/quote]

Regular. Just realized I'm in the EMBA discussion. My mistake.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 20:54
I got a rejection, no interview. I scored 160 on the EA, have one graduate degree, working for 9 years, executive director of a small non-profit.

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 21:41
EMBAMaybe1 wrote:
I got a rejection, no interview. I scored 160 on the EA, have one graduate degree, working for 9 years, executive director of a small non-profit.

I suggest you reapply and do it in the first round.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 21:46
Xiongfan wrote:
EMBAMaybe1 wrote:

I suggest you reapply and do it in the first round.

Why would that change anything? Why would they want me more in round 1 than round 3?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 10:20
Because there may have been too many candidates with a similar background/experience to yours already admitted this year. The conventional wisdom is that if you apply to an earlier round you have a greater likelihood of being considered. I applied to 3 emba programs this year, and was accepted to 2/3, and waitlisted at the one I applied to in the last round. I honestly believe I would have had a greater chance of acceptance with an earlier look.

Plus, you can write about this experience in your essay next time and discuss how it's hardened your resolve to gain acceptance the next time.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 06 May 2019, 10:20

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 55 posts ] 

Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sharathnair14