Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Got the call 15 minutes ago. Just jumped up during a meeting and bolted. So excited. Love you Yale!

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by machichi on 13 Dec 2012, 11:44.
Last edited by machichi on 14 Dec 2012, 00:13, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 13 Dec 2012, 13:09.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Got a call about 30 minutes ago, I'm in! Absolutely thrilled!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
shame on me for not sharing my congratulations earlier.

From my 2 visits to Yale, I met some of the brightest and best applicants of all the campuses i visited. So to all of you who got in, I am 100% sure it was well earned. Best of luck with the rest of your apps, and if you choose Yale, best of luck at SOM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to everyone who received good news today. I just wanted to say there is hope for those who were wait listed. I was WL this time last year and am currently preparing for my investor final tomorrow at Yale. I remember searching for any indication of statistics of people being picked up off the wait list. They don't release the numbers but people are accepted off the list every year. I actually received an acceptance on January 23rd. So it may be shorter than you think, and it is definitely worth the wait!
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
heartiest congratulations to all those who made it. really glad to see familiar names on the accepted list.
And I'm sure a lot of waitlisted candidates will go through as well. design a solid WL strategy and hold on!

to those who were dinged:
Lets celebrate the 'worthless-ness' with some beer. I'm sure something good is in store.

Originally posted by jumsumtak on 14 Dec 2012, 03:46.
Last edited by jumsumtak on 14 Dec 2012, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Kudos
To provide one data-point, I applied round 2 last year and received my interview invite on 1/27 and had my interview on 2/10 (I'm not an international student but still had it off-campus in Los Angeles, in-person with Bruce DelMonico, Director of Admissions).

theac wrote:
I am applying in Round 2. Does anyone know when I could expect to get an interview invitation? My visa is expiring and I need to leave the country by the first week of Feb. I was wondering if it is worth staying here till the end of January expecting an interview [I assume it would be better to give the interview on campus as opposed to off campus]. If there is no chance of getting the interview in Jan, then I might as well leave early.

Any advice is much appreciated guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Kudos
I was able to connect with fellow classmates on the FB group who made it to campus for interviews / Welcome Weekend and were looking for a roommate.

-B

aerien wrote:
PD2012 wrote:
To provide another data-point, I didn't visit New Haven until I arrived to move into my apartment in August (no pre-app visit / no on-campus interview - and I'm a domestic student from Los Angeles). Don't necessarily recommend this because you probably want to see and get a sense of where you'll be living for the next 2 years, but a visit is not essential.

On that note, how did you find your apartment then: the list of housing options on the admit site, Craigslist, luck?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I believe I did both college and after...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
mpOracle wrote:
Finalizing my round 2 application. In the Activities/Professional Affiliations, the directions read:

List the most meaningful activities (up to five (5)) in which you participate or have participated from college to the present. For each activity, list the name of the organization and the position held (if any), the starting and ending dates of your involvement, the amount of time you have devoted to the activity, and a brief description (50 words maximum) of the nature of your involvement.

Does this mean I can include college activities or only activities SINCE college? Small detail, but curious of your interpretation.

Thanks!

What I did was list down all the activities/professional affiliations I have participated in SINCE college, and then afterwards picked from them the top 5 that helped support the overall package that I wanted to present to the admissions committee.

I don't think they have to be the most recent activities, but rather focus on the most meaningful ones (as stated in the application question). I think it's more important to show that you actually learned something from the experience and was able to apply it in the present.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
OhDenny wrote:
Hey All - I have some slots open for my info session in Raleigh on Monday. If there's anyone here from Raleigh-Durham, or with any friends from the area, feel free to head here to sign up. Love to see you there! I had a great time at the one in San Jose last week.

I went to one of these when I was home for the holidays and it was a great way, as others have said, to get to know about SOM in a casual environment. I think one of the best ways to get to know if a school is a right fit for you (besides visiting campus, etc) is by speaking to as many students as you can. They can give you insights on their day-to-day life, their classes, what they like and dislike about their school -- and you can see if any of what they said resonated with you. I'd highly recommend going to one in the next few weeks if you can :)

And OhDenny, I'd tell my friends to go hang out with you in Raleigh, but everyone I know there goes to Duke :P
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GPT55 wrote:
Submitted right around the deadline... OK it's my mistake but I think I hit the submit button after 5 p.m. However since I was logged in the whole way the application system (and thus the application review pdf) says it's R2. Thoughts? :oops:

I'm sure you're fine! I've yet to a see a school that was super stringent on their deadline. It takes adcoms at least a few days to a week to process things, and adcoms generally send out emails informing you if you're missing information (e.g., exam scores, etc) too. Relax -- all you have to do is wait for the invite now :) (easier said than done, I know!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Account Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
GPT55 wrote:
Submitted right around the deadline... OK it's my mistake but I think I hit the submit button after 5 p.m. However since I was logged in the whole way the application system (and thus the application review pdf) says it's R2. Thoughts? :oops:

Don't worry, GPT55. Same situation here. I submitted at around 5:10 p.m. I emailed the adcom to ask and the adcom said my application would be reviewed in R2.

By the way, I saw so many applicants from non-profit sector applying to Yale SOM on this thread. I don't know whether Yale's appetite for finance guys like me will increase this year. :(
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Equil1briuM wrote:
By the way, I saw so many applicants from non-profit sector applying to Yale SOM on this thread. I don't know whether Yale's appetite for finance guys like me will increase this year. :(

I wouldn't worry there. When I interviewed, there were a bunch of people with a finance background or looking to go into finance. I also know some people who didn't really consider Yale as they thought it was just a "finance school", so perspectives/stereotypes vary widely.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Equil1briuM wrote:
GPT55 wrote:

Don't worry, GPT55. Same situation here. I submitted at around 5:10 p.m. I emailed the adcom to ask and the adcom said my application would be reviewed in R2.

I was applying with a pure motivation to get into finance and made that clear in my essays. You are fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
Equil1briuM wrote:

I'll second what aerian said. At my interview I was the only non-profit person there. I also wanted to add that they're growing the class size (up to 350 in 2017), and my interpretation of what I've heard Dean Snyder say is that the increase will primarily be in the corporate sector. This way, they'll maintain a strong non-profit focus with a cohort whose size will remain pretty static. On the other hand, they will go on to add more students from finance, consulting, etc. in order to lure corporate recruiters to campus knowing they'll have more students to recruit from. Hopefully this scenario creates a win-win for everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just received the invite for an interview! Any interview insight or tips? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts