Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 342 [2]
Given Kudos: 149
 Q49  V42
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Send PM
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 342 [2]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 342 [1]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 212 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Re: DeBrief [#permalink]
Kudos
@mundasingh123 - "Dil hai kee Manta nahin", So dude, be happy and 740 is really good!!

Congratulations!!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
:-D heartiest congratulations!!

740 is a very good score. It is right that we do not get the fruits before it has been decided for us. You gave tough fight and got the result with the blessings of god.

Good luck for your applications. And I must say spending more time for retake will not bring more benefits than spending time on your application.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
mundasingh123 wrote:
OP : Posted on 9 th November 2011
Happy Guru Nanak Dev JI's Birthday to all who believe in Him .
I am just back and drunk after the "ordeal"
I am writing this "last" post on GmatClub with mixed feelings . Dont know whether to be happy or sad with a 740 . My circumstances are different .
I had dreamt of writing a post in this section after the test . So Here i am .
Had i not spoken to some people who wanted a 750 and got a 750 i would have been written this post differently.
The maximum i got in my mocks among the veritas Cats and MGMAT cats was 750 in MGMAT CAT 4 . Veritas 740. Lowest score 680 which was because i got into a fight with someone .
GmatPrep 1 :770
Gmatprep 2 :770
I had different expectations after i spoke to someone who was intent on getting a 750 .That was when i knew how important it was to get a 750 . Though i always knew getting a 750 + on the real deal was different from getting the same on a Gmat Prep . This stems from my feelings as a bschool aspirant - the guy coming second hardly has any recognition .Having potential is different from having a concrete figure on a piece of paper and officially recognized by the test administrator.You might have the potential to get an 800 but if you dont attain the figure officially , you stand nowhere .
I am a guy with extreme OCD . I have always got into uneven fights . So , for people who find the going tough can get some relief,although i havent really got into the desired bschool yet. That remains to be seen .
For those people who want to obtain some info about the gmat prep , the best advice that i can give u is that you take the Gmat prep 2 7 days from the d-day so that you can practice the scs and crs from the huge gmat prep question bank. 108 CRs and 200 Scs and some figure of Rcs.
One thing that i have realized is getting a good GMAT score shouldn't make you feel as if you have climbed the Mt. Everest and you must remain humble at all times .
Luck is something that counts to a great extent on any exam whether it is gmat or some other b school exam. All those people who get above average scores must pay some respect to luck because when you have 7-8 minutes left and 4 verbal questions still left . Getting them right depends on whether the answer choices jump out at you out of the page . With the clock ticking at the back of your mind , you find it more and more difficult to think and keep your mind straight.
On no account did i expect anything less than 50 on quant . I still remember 1 question which i missed because i wasnt used to the new pen . I missed the exponent in spite of having deduced the correct answer .I was attempting the quant at a scorching pace and i guess that was the reason i missed the 50 . I would have been happier with a 50 .
My experience on the verbal was that i found myself attempting the questions mechanically after the first 10 .not because i was mentally exhausted but it was the time running out of my hands. I found myself relying more on my intuition and the spntaneity obtained from practicing questions.
Its possible to crack the RCS if you are comfortable with combining thoughts that more seem like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle without you having the luxury of time.
I wasn't comfortable while attempting my Verbal and i was relieved when i saw the score but then i felt disappointed for my quant .
So i am going to relax for the mean time. a 750 would have left me content. with a 730 i would i felt like attepting the test again . with a 740 , i am left with mixed feelings .But without doubt i am grateful to Guru Nanak Dev Ji for keeping me from feeling embarassed after the struggle that i have been through .

Stay Hungry , continue to persevere , yet remain Humble.

Kisi Ko Mukammal Jahan Nahi Milta
Kisi Ko zameen , Kisi ko aasmaan nahi milta.

Grateful to bb,Ron , Mitch (GmatGuruNY ) ,Greg and David ,brothers Bblast , Rishi (Maharaj) and , nishant . & the guy who wrote the 760 post and gave examples of sun tzu .
and the countless others on BTG and Gmat Club . GmatClub & BTG Rock .
Guys you need any material let me know

Books used
Powerscore CR + Mgmat CR . MGmat CR completed the picture
Kaplan Premier
OG
MGmat Geometry ( skimmed + Vics skimmed + numbers skimmed )
mgmat sc
lsats
veritas CR,SC,RC
Verias tests/MgmatTests\
I have a huge archive of notes(every Ron/gmatguruNY.stacey discussion on GMAT Club excluding gmatprep ,adamjohns,800 Bob , spidey, jharia, gmatclub papguest ) that i thought i ll go thru but found myself rushing at the last moment

Congrats on your great score. a 740 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Also, this is a very funny post :lol:
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 342 [0]
 Q49  V42
Send PM

Also, this is a very funny post :lol:[/quote]
Good to know i could bring a smile to someones face in these times when all i see are angry , dissatisfied , unhappy and egoistic people ready to bring others down for being themselves
But do you mind explaining what exactly did you find funny here .
Regarding 740 : I have different circumstances . I have been in this race for a long time and believe me its not enuf even if you touch the sky
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
mundasingh123 wrote:
Hamm0 wrote:

Good to know i could bring a smile to someones face in these times when all i see are angry , dissatisfied , unhappy and egoistic people ready to bring others down for being themselves
Regarding 740 : I have different circumstances . I have been in this race for a long time and believe me its not enuf even if you touch the sky

Didn't mean to offend, just thought the narrative was entertaining. i.e.
Quote:

Quote:
I would have been happier with a 50 .

That being said, a lot of this post is very inspiring. Congrats again on a great score. :good
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
mundasingh123 wrote:
Hamm0 wrote:

Didn't mean to offend, just thought the narrative was entertaining. i.e.
Quote:

Quote:
I would have been happier with a 50 .

That being said, a lot of this post is very inspiring. Congrats again on a great score. :good

LOL I was trying to be as true as possible about what i was feeling at that point . The thing is like this Most of the aspirants in US get the support to explore diverse fields , gain interesting experiences and have amusing stories to tell . I am from India and most Indians lack most of the things that i mentioned above so they have to make up for it via scores
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Hi,

Your posts in inspiring because you have acknowledged that you had to practise a lot to get that score. A lot many people say that they achieved a 760 in 2 months - this might be achieveable for some but hardly a role model or inspiration for mere mortals.

What was your study strategy in brief - like how frequently you gave full length tests ?
How many LSAT tests you gave in total ?

Thanks
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Capricorn369 wrote:
@mundasingh123 - "Dil hai kee Manta nahin", So dude, be happy and 740 is really good!!

Congratulations!!

You would only know if you were to stand in my shoes .Thanks anyways
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations and thanks for posting the debrief.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT Date: 11-29-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats.. Thanks for the suggestion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT Date: 11-29-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
In Wch colleges did u get admit?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
congratulations..
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
bb wrote:
Congratulations and thanks for posting the debrief.
Thanks bb . I really found the collections of SCs and Crs very useful , especially the ones collected by whiplash .
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Thanks to all. I just took the test in November . not even have my apps ready . The app process is really crazy
Manager
Manager
Status:Taking heavily leveraged but calculated risks at all times
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 01-31-2012
Send PM
How helpful is it to take LSAT CR and RC to improve your verbal to the 99th percentile? Would you recommend it?
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Anasthaesium wrote:
How helpful is it to take LSAT CR and RC to improve your verbal to the 99th percentile? Would you recommend it?
LSAT questions are not exactly similar to Gmat questions but they help you hone your thought process.You begin to recognize the patterns faster. I didnt manage the 99th percentile . i think you should ask bb . he was a 99 percentiler on his day
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy/Program Management
 Q47  V28
WE 1: 6 years
Send PM
Congratulations buddy. I liked your post.
Happy Gurupurab to you as well.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts