It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 13:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Zumit Questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 627 [0], given: 32

Schools: Hard Knocks
Zumit Questions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2008, 03:48
I am wondering where all of these Zumit questions have come from over the last few weeks. Does anyone know? Has anyone confirmed that these are NOT LIVE questions?

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 738 [0], given: 1

Re: Zumit Questions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2008, 04:40
Only the user "dancinggeometry" can answer this question :)

I hope these are not live questions :stab

"You have to find it. No one else can find it for you." - Bjorn Borg

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 255 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2008, 09:04
Alot of those are just questions from MGMAT tests, I don't think they are live questions, they are not very well written. The person who posted those questions never cared to reply with official answers, or even cared to answer to let people know where the questions came from (as asked by many other members). Someone said that this is just a way for the person to keep track of his or her own questions. Judging by the lack of a 2-way conversation, it appears that this person is only using the board for his/her own study without trying to help out others, so return the favor and just solve these questions without giving detailed solutions, or better yet, just start posting your own questions with "zumit" in the title.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 315 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2008, 10:37
gmatnub wrote:
Alot of those are just questions from MGMAT tests, I don't think they are live questions, they are not very well written. The person who posted those questions never cared to reply with official answers, or even cared to answer to let people know where the questions came from (as asked by many other members). Someone said that this is just a way for the person to keep track of his or her own questions. Judging by the lack of a 2-way conversation, it appears that this person is only using the board for his/her own study without trying to help out others, so return the favor and just solve these questions without giving detailed solutions, or better yet, just start posting your own questions with "zumit" in the title.

LOL@ gmatnub. I dont think they are live questions. Some of them are LSAT type questions.

Kudos [?]: 315 [0], given: 6

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 108 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2008, 20:53
This post received
KUDOS
The problems I've posted are just for "indexing" so that I can return back to them conveniently. I pick them from different sources and rate them. THEY ARE NOT LIVE QUESTIONS. So let's not investigate too much and enjoy the forum.

However, sometimes I forget to post OAs of the posted problems and I deeply regret it. Maybe because I'm not a frequent blogger. So please PM me if in case you're eager to find a particular OA. My participation to the forum (and to the problems I post, for that matter) depends strictly upon my availability. Apologies again.

My D-Day is on 27th September. Time to run... :-D

Kudos [?]: 108 [1], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 04:19
Good luck on you test on the 27th. How have you done so far in practice tests? As long as the questions are not LIVE that's great. I've seen zumit-cr.blogspot.com....not much there. Are there other blogs such as zumit-ds.blogspot.com?

dancinggeometry wrote:
The problems I've posted are just for "indexing" so that I can return back to them conveniently. I pick them from different sources and rate them. THEY ARE NOT LIVE QUESTIONS. So let's not investigate too much and enjoy the forum.

However, sometimes I forget to post OAs of the posted problems and I deeply regret it. Maybe because I'm not a frequent blogger. So please PM me if in case you're eager to find a particular OA. My participation to the forum (and to the problems I post, for that matter) depends strictly upon my availability. Apologies again.

My D-Day is on 27th September. Time to run... :-D

J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 868 [0], given: 19

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 08:00
jallenmorris wrote:
I am wondering where all of these Zumit questions have come from over the last few weeks. Does anyone know? Has anyone confirmed that these are NOT LIVE questions?

For copyright purpose also, it is pertinent to know the source of these questions. :?

Hope "dancinggeometry" reveal the same.

Verbal: http://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-the-verbal-forum-please-read-this-first-77546.html
Math: http://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-the-math-forum-please-read-this-first-77764.html
Gmat: http://gmatclub.com/forum/everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html

GT

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 11:14
GMAT TIGER wrote:
jallenmorris wrote:

For copyright purpose also, it is pertinent to know the source of these questions. :?

Hope "dancinggeometry" reveal the same.

Totally agree. It is good if people post their question mentioning the Source in the subject line. Say, GMATPrep PS: Mixtures

That would be really helpful for everyone.

Thanks

"You have to find it. No one else can find it for you." - Bjorn Borg

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 11:23
Yes. In case i would like to avoid seeing GMATPrep questions, I will not open posts with GMATPrep in the subject. Please ensure everyone follows the mentioning of source in the subject line. This will make things easy for lot of us:)

Thank You Mods

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 11:57
I, unfortunately, disagree with each one of you guys. My intention was simple and helping. Know the purpose of this forum guys. My participation was not meant to assume copy-right and legitimate issues but to provoke alternative way of solving GMAT problems. Not for very long, I'm afraid, will these problems be online. I thought I'll keep posting interesting questions even after passing my D-Day just to give back what I got from this site. But that indeed was a disastrous response.

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 12:03
What in the world are you talking about? The simplest of requests was that the source of the questions be included with the question itself. This is for many reasons. First, it helps those that run GMATClub to ensure that live questions are not posted. Second, it helps the rest of us determine the reliability of the question. Third, it helps us in searching for the answer in the even that you are not able to get back and post the OA quickly. We all understand that things change and you may not have the time to post the OA when you want to. Fourth, you state that your reason for posting is to "give back" but in a prior post you stated "The problems I've posted are just for "indexing" so that I can return back to them conveniently." That reason in the prior post is all about you, not about the community. Generally speaking, you can't have it both ways. We are glad you've posted these questions as there tends to be many repeats and new questions are great. All that we ask is simply stating where the questions are from and that to the best of your knowledge, these are not LIVE questions. That's it.

allen

dancinggeometry wrote:
I, unfortunately, disagree with each one of you guys. My intention was simple and helping. Know the purpose of this forum guys. My participation was not meant to assume copy-right and legitimate issues but to provoke alternative way of solving GMAT problems. Not for very long, I'm afraid, will these problems be online. I thought I'll keep posting interesting questions even after passing my D-Day just to give back what I got from this site. But that indeed was a disastrous response.

J Allen Morris

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 1106 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 12:58
jallenmorris wrote:
What in the world are you talking about? The simplest of requests was that the source of the questions be included with the question itself. This is for many reasons. First, it helps those that run GMATClub to ensure that live questions are not posted. Second, it helps the rest of us determine the reliability of the question. Third, it helps us in searching for the answer in the even that you are not able to get back and post the OA quickly. We all understand that things change and you may not have the time to post the OA when you want to. Fourth, you state that your reason for posting is to "give back" but in a prior post you stated "The problems I've posted are just for "indexing" so that I can return back to them conveniently." That reason in the prior post is all about you, not about the community. Generally speaking, you can't have it both ways. We are glad you've posted these questions as there tends to be many repeats and new questions are great. All that we ask is simply stating where the questions are from and that to the best of your knowledge, these are not LIVE questions. That's it.

allen

dancinggeometry wrote:

Allen,
well said. I agree with you.

Dancing geometry,

you can following the below convention if you want. I don't think you loose your indexing...
zumit -xxx : GMATPREP PS
zumit -xxx : MGMAT PS

Your attitude determines your altitude
Smiling wins more friends than frowning

Kudos [?]: 1106 [0], given: 5

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 19:12
jallenmorris wrote:

allen

dancinggeometry wrote:

JAM, thanks for calling out this type of double-speak of a response. It is pretty hard to decifer the last response. In this case, it is more likely to be "self-help".

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2008, 21:12
gmatnub wrote:
jallenmorris wrote:

allen

dancinggeometry wrote:

JAM, thanks for calling out this type of double-speak of a response. It is pretty hard to decifer the last response. In this case, it is more likely to be "self-help".

It is ridicules that "dancinggeometry" has not posted OAs to many questions.

This is not a win-win situation.

Verbal: http://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-the-verbal-forum-please-read-this-first-77546.html
Math: http://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-the-math-forum-please-read-this-first-77764.html
Gmat: http://gmatclub.com/forum/everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html

GT

Re: Zumit Questions   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2008, 21:12

Zumit Questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap