|All Reviews > SpiritualYoda's Reviews|
Joined: Sep 22, 2016
680 Q44 V39
There are only two GMAT exam centers in Pune:
1. GATS (Old)
2. Pearson Professional Centers (New)
GATS was the exam center for my first attempt in 2017. My experience was not good and was similar to the one described in this review: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/gmat-test-center-345349772.
My second attempt was on 15th Dec'18 at Pearson Professional Centers (Tower2, WTC, Kharadi). My overall test center experience was fruitful.
I will try to jot down the overall experience in a very succinct manner to help one take a right decision pertaining to the selection of the test center.
- Well known and easy to find.
- Enough space for 2/4 wheelers.
- Clean and tidy ;)
4. Test center security
- Very tight (Don't think about breaking it!)
5. Test center invigilators
- Very strict and are born to follow protocols!
6. Earbuds or headphone or nothing!
- 3M PELTOR Optime 98, H9A Over-the-Head Earmuffs are there on every table if you want to have a noise free exam experience
- One is assigned a private locker to keep "ALL" the belongings (Read summary to know more about 'ALL')
8. Are you thirsty? Don't worry!
- A cold/hot water dispenser is available
- Silent and bright
- Moderate (Not too hot, not too cold)
11. Keyboard & mouse
- Great quality (The condition is good so don't worry about sounds)
- Very comfortable (I feel like an ergonomic expert now. Woohoo!)
13. One scratchpad & two marker pens
- Good condition (Read more in summary)
- One is asked (by a security personnel) to switch off the mobile phone before entering the test center waiting area
- The waiting area, where the verification process is done, is separated from the actual area where you will fight the WAR.
- One needs to keep "ALL" the belongings in the locker. "ALL" includes your handkerchief too! (Jackets/wallets/Water bottles/ Snacks/ Digital items.......everything)
- After the verification process is completed, you will be asked to enter the WAR room where you will take your exam.
- The monitor will have a camera to monitor your activity throughout the exam (It also helps the invigilators to respond to your call for assistance)
- The marker pen is of good quality, but it drys up quickly if you keep it open even for 10 to 15 seconds. Some of the way outs are: put back the cap quickly or ask for a new pen or hard press the nip on the pad.
- You can come out of the "WAR" room into the waiting area during break time to eat snacks or celebrate the mistakes committed in the verbal section! (Every time you will be checked thoroughly by the invigilators)
- The test center is completely shielded from the noise outside
I am sure that you all will ROCK the exam. All the best! :D
Thanks for sharing!!! Btw, what did you end up scoring??? :D
Any recent GMAT taker at GATS Pune