Female
Score:
675 GMAT Focus
730 GMAT Classic
GPA: 9.2/10
Pre-MBA industry: Finance
Post-MBA industry: Finance
My profile:
Excellent academics (school and undergrad). Applying with only 2 years of work experience at application and 3 years at matriculation. However, current role has lot of ownership and leadership.
Also leading a social impact project under World Economic Forum.

Future Industry:
I am currently a project manager in the Finance industry (launching new products, regions etc.) - want to continue in the same industry.

Should I retake the GMAT? Any other schools that give less priority to number of years of work experience? Anything else i can do to make my profile better?
LBS
Full Time MBA
13 days ago
Round 1
Stern
Full Time MBA
13 days ago
Round 1
Booth
Full Time MBA
13 days ago
Round 1
Anderson
Full Time MBA
13 days ago
Round 2
Comments (3 comments)
29 Apr 2024, 04:49
I would advise getting another year's worth of experience. And another 40-50 points on the GFE if you are super keen on Booth and NYU. 30 points more for Anderson. LBS seems like a fit, depending on your work profile. Reach out to talk more: https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation
27 Apr 2024, 06:37
IMHO, you may want to postpone your applications by one year. It is not just the schools that may give priority to work experience, it is the hiring companies too. - Dee (an admissions consultant)
27 Apr 2024, 12:17
Hi. I agree in terms of the work experience comment. I assume you will have actually 3 years when you matriculate? Schools count your experience from the time you start your program (in the future). That's probably the minimum you want to have and I only recommend applying if you have reached the ceiling in your current position area as otherwise, this creates a gap between the typical position companies recruit for from MBA. You will just lose out to more experienced candidates with more promotions on their resume or more skills they will be bringing to the table.

About the GMAT, it would help to have a higher score. 730/675 (same score) are at/slightly over the average. Stern in particular has a very high average among international applicants - 746 average for non-domestic so you are well below that figure. If you can improve, I would recommend it from 2 positions: 1) Admissions and 2) Scholarship. E.g. you likely have a harder time getting into Stern with 730 but with 760 you may get a scholarship offer from them. If you have time, it would be a valuable investment as it could be worth the entire tuition bill!
29 Apr 2024, 04:49
I would advise getting another year's worth of experience. And another 40-50 points on the GFE if you are super keen on Booth and NYU. 30 points more for Anderson. LBS seems like a fit, depending on your work profile. Reach out to talk more: https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation