Last visit was: 01 Jun 2024, 02:18 It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 02:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 628199 [8]
Given Kudos: 82058
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [6]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
General Discussion
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 576
GPA: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [1]
Given Kudos: 508
Send PM
Re: It totally depends on the situation if it's a professional occasion [#permalink]
Kudos
C should be the answer.
"..totally depends on the situation " means the speaker is punctual a cording to the situation.
C states this and is the answer.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 416 [2]
Given Kudos: 102
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: It totally depends on the situation if it's a professional occasion [#permalink]
Kudos
Bunuel wrote:
­“It totally depends on the situation – if it's a professional occasion or if you're meeting someone for the first time, then being late is totally unacceptable.”

What is the best suited inference one can draw from the above sentence?

A. The speaker is very professional.
B. The speaker is conscious about being punctual.
C. The speaker is punctual according to the occasion.
D. The speaker does not give much importance to being punctual when meeting friends.
E. The speaker dislikes those who are late for professional occasions.

This is a CR Butler Question

­

­
Attachments

Screenshot_20240514_103839_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20240514_103839_Samsung Notes.jpg [ 274.36 KiB | Viewed 1025 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 576
GPA: 4
Send PM
Akkiiii wrote:
I feel the answer should be E (Although I am also confused about C as well) as The speaker dislikes those who are "late for professional occasions" which could also be a possible inference. The statement does imply disapproval of being late for professional events or meetings, suggesting a certain level of dislike or at least a lack of tolerance for such behavior in those contexts.

So, both C and E could be valid interpretations depending on the context and emphasis of the speaker but in terms of inference I feel E suits better

­I understood the mistake that I made and I guess most of us. The correct answer should be D since it is an INFERENCE question. from the author, we can infer that we can meet our friends in an informal way.
The answer C & E are more suited when we have a CONCLUSION question
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [0]
Given Kudos: 508
Send PM
chetan2u Would you like to discuss?..We all got it wrong.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that-> when meeting someone in a professional occasion, we can not be 100% sure that this is not a meeting between friends talking about professioal stuff? I understand that this could be too much but we are cannot be sure whether the scope of professionalism isnt including a meeting between friends. So this uncairtenty lead me to believe that every answer choice is incorrect. Can someone explain?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
820 posts