Last visit was: 14 Jun 2024, 16:44 It is currently 14 Jun 2024, 16:44
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73630 [0]
Given Kudos: 19103
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Tough call - Foster BS or McCombs BS [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi. Sorry for missing your message. It’s been some busy days on GMAT club

Congratulations on your admits ! these are both great regional programs. Foster does really well with tech because it’s in Seattle. Especially the coed tech p.m. positions.

You can also definitely recruit for supply and operations at Amazon. There are always hiring but those are demanding jobs. Amazon operations are very lean and efficient with little room for mistakes.

If you look at the placements, and supply chain are not huge placements. Both programs have about the same numbers. Play about 10 or 12 people per year.

I don’t think there’s really a difference in predictable elements. I would say however that thinking that you will figure anything out during business school is a mistake. Do not make it. There’s no class in business school that will help you figure out your direction or industry. Moreover, you will have very very little time compared to what you have right now. You will absolutely gain no additional knowledge related to your industry compared to where you’re right now. You have a computer, you have LinkedIn you have the entire world in front of you and a lot of time. Use it. Nothing magical will happen when you start going to school … moreover, most of the clubs are only open for the first few weeks of the year and have limited enrollment so if you don’t know what you’re planning to do and I would even suggest company you want to work for, you’re going to be on the losing end of the spectrum. Sorry to be so negative. I made the same mistake thinking that going to school will help me determine my career and refine it. Unfortunately that is not the case or reality. I would suggest setting a deadline by March 1 to lock down your career plans.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73630 [0]
Given Kudos: 19103
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
In terms of the program choice, I realize I didn’t really answer that question, I will probably look at where you have a stronger support network and where you could integrate better. Do you have some friends or family in Seattle or Austin? Do you see yourself Long-term in one of those places?

With your background, your best chances would be consulting. Social side of things is very competitive and cannot support or afford mba graduates with $200,000 of debt.

Foster is basically tech. Everybody’s going into tech in Seattle. Those who are not going to tech, the ones who couldn’t get into it 😂 if you have no intention of being in tech, may not be going to Seattle. This is why it’s very important to have your goals as specific as possible.😇

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1126 posts