[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/check_new_recommended_questions.php on line 37: Undefined array key "last_recommended_questions_epoch"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/check_new_recommended_questions.php on line 41: Undefined array key "last_recommended_questions_epoch"
ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights : The B-School Applications
Last visit was: 20 Jul 2024, 02:26 It is currently 20 Jul 2024, 02:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 36657 [0]
Given Kudos: 5830
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1129 [0]
Given Kudos: 1770
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Re: ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights [#permalink]
Please evaluate my profile and help me identify areas that needs to be worked on:

Currently scoring around 615 in mocks (Targeting 655-665)
Total WorkEx: ~5.5 Years
Reverse chronological:
Last 4 months - Program Manager at Ola electric (IC role)
Responsible for setting up and scaling the non-scooter revenue channels like accessories, value addons / service subscriptions and improving the customer experience at all service touchpoints.
Role involves strategic planning and cross functional alignment for project execution.

1 Y 8 Mon - Associate Senior Manager : Strategy at BYJUs Exam Prep (formerly gradeup) (Managerial role)
Responsible for the development and presentation of monthly business deep-dives & business cases to founders & BU Head to identify challenges, improvement opportunities, new initiatives, and drive cross-functional stakeholder alignment for implementing effective solutions.
Oversaw the PnL strategy for a BU unit with 600+ CR.
Responsible for product, revenue & business strategy.

3 Month - career gap to realign the skills and change the vertical (was successful in that)

3 Y 4 Mon - Sales Manager at Parent BYJUs (Managerial role)
Led a sales team of 20+ folks to drive 12 cr revenue across 3 states.

----
6 Month startup exp during college:
Founded ‘The Baweez’ (mid-night cloud kitchen) in 2016-17 along with three friends and enabled the team to serve more than 3500 distinct customers during six months and generated 10 lac+ in revenue.
Covered by Times of India under City’s Young Achievers.
--
Academics:
Btech 2014-18 from Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune
CGPA: 7.91
Took a year gap for JEE prep but did nothing but wasted
Class XII - CBSE - 71.8 % - 2013
Class X - CBSE - 9 CGPA - 2011
--
EXTRA-CURRICULAR, FREELANCE & Internships
Academics: Won 1st Prize in CBSE Regional Science Exhibition twice and represented the state in CBSE nationals during my 11th Standard.
Freelance: Helped “ Instapreps - By 7 Classes” (an early stage ed-tech) set up their first sales team, created revenue & incentive plans and led growth strategies for their offline to online transition.

Bagged a internship in CDAC during college: 6 months
Worked on NLP and some python projects. This was also my final year project.

Also have some certificates from class 8th to 10th in sports and school level debate competitions etc.
Nothing beyond this.

--
Motivation of pursuing MBA - Networking with top minds of the world and upskilling myself on communication and leadership.

Post MBA plans - Continue in strategy roles or move to product management. Something b/w the two.

Target schools: ISB & INSEAD

Given my profile, what are the areas should i work more?
Send PM
Re: ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Vishwesh08 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile and help me identify areas that needs to be worked on:

Currently scoring around 615 in mocks (Targeting 655-665)
Total WorkEx: ~5.5 Years
Reverse chronological:
Last 4 months - Program Manager at Ola electric (IC role)
Responsible for setting up and scaling the non-scooter revenue channels like accessories, value addons / service subscriptions and improving the customer experience at all service touchpoints.
Role involves strategic planning and cross functional alignment for project execution.

1 Y 8 Mon - Associate Senior Manager : Strategy at BYJUs Exam Prep (formerly gradeup) (Managerial role)
Responsible for the development and presentation of monthly business deep-dives & business cases to founders & BU Head to identify challenges, improvement opportunities, new initiatives, and drive cross-functional stakeholder alignment for implementing effective solutions.
Oversaw the PnL strategy for a BU unit with 600+ CR.
Responsible for product, revenue & business strategy.

3 Month - career gap to realign the skills and change the vertical (was successful in that)

3 Y 4 Mon - Sales Manager at Parent BYJUs (Managerial role)
Led a sales team of 20+ folks to drive 12 cr revenue across 3 states.

----
6 Month startup exp during college:
Founded ‘The Baweez’ (mid-night cloud kitchen) in 2016-17 along with three friends and enabled the team to serve more than 3500 distinct customers during six months and generated 10 lac+ in revenue.
Covered by Times of India under City’s Young Achievers.
--
Academics:
Btech 2014-18 from Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune
CGPA: 7.91
Took a year gap for JEE prep but did nothing but wasted
Class XII - CBSE - 71.8 % - 2013
Class X - CBSE - 9 CGPA - 2011
--
EXTRA-CURRICULAR, FREELANCE & Internships
Academics: Won 1st Prize in CBSE Regional Science Exhibition twice and represented the state in CBSE nationals during my 11th Standard.
Freelance: Helped “ Instapreps - By 7 Classes” (an early stage ed-tech) set up their first sales team, created revenue & incentive plans and led growth strategies for their offline to online transition.

Bagged a internship in CDAC during college: 6 months
Worked on NLP and some python projects. This was also my final year project.

Also have some certificates from class 8th to 10th in sports and school level debate competitions etc.
Nothing beyond this.

--
Motivation of pursuing MBA - Networking with top minds of the world and upskilling myself on communication and leadership.

Post MBA plans - Continue in strategy roles or move to product management. Something b/w the two.

Target schools: ISB & INSEAD

Given my profile, what are the areas should i work more?

Hi, well this is way too long for a chat Q&A :) but in a nutshell, you come from an over represented background - hence you need to shine in everything. the GMAT you mentioned 615 is obviously not high enough. so
a. start with getting the GMAt higher, to a minimum 655+
b. your work exp and extracurricular activities sound strong but I didn’t see any direct management or work with international clients. if you have both, great!

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Hello ma’am, I’ll be reapplying to hec Paris this year. When I applied for hec mba i was given another chance to improve my gmat score but wasn’t able to improve it. My we is also low 3 years. But my AO mentioned that my post mba goals and essays proved me a perfect fit for hec.

I’d like your opinion regarding my essays for this year. Do i need to change my essays (excluding reapplicant essay) or apply with them as I did previously?
Send PM
ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights [#permalink]
Expert Reply

arcgmat03 wrote:
Hello ma’am, I’ll be reapplying to hec Paris this year. When I applied for hec mba i was given another chance to improve my gmat score but wasn’t able to improve it. My we is also low 3 years. But my AO mentioned that my post mba goals and essays proved me a perfect fit for hec.

I’d like your opinion regarding my essays for this year. Do i need to change my essays (excluding reapplicant essay) or apply with them as I did previously?

if you are reapplying, you should, if possible, change everything. the essays, the LOR, and in your case, the GMAT ... GOOD LUCK!­

You can read more tips for reapplicants here:
https://aringo.com/reapplying-for-top-mba-programs-tips/
 ­

Originally posted by ARINGO on 16 Jun 2024, 10:12.
Last edited by ARINGO on 23 Jun 2024, 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q86 V85 DI81
Send PM
What could be ideal short term and long term goals for someone who has been a part of the engineering team in an oil and gas based company?
Send PM
Expert Reply
AtulMohan97 wrote:
What could be ideal short term and long term goals for someone who has been a part of the engineering team in an oil and gas based company?

Great question - but do you want generic answers that won’t get you in? ask chatGPT :) it’s great in giving everyone the same answers. for example: "Consulting"
If you want answers based on your profile, extracurricular activities, passions, and uniqueness, that can help you get in, you might need to hire our services :)

AtulMohan97 wrote:

but, from the top of my mind, I would explore moving into clean energy... either helping traditional companies transition or joining a startup ... but again, very generic...
Feel free to send your CV, GMAT score, school wish list, and any other relevant information to shimriw@ARINGO.com and we can take it from there
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q86 V85 DI81
Send PM
Thank you for your answers, just figuring my way out actually. :)
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question ......... Should I wait till R2 if the GMAT is not high or rush and apply in R1?
Send PM
Expert Reply
AtulMohan97 wrote:
Thank you for your answers, just figuring my way out actually. :)

understood!

Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question ......... Should I wait till R2 if the GMAT is not high or rush and apply in R1?

great question!
R1 is "better" your chances are a bit higher, there are more scholarships and you can apply to other schools in R2, if you don’t get admitted.
ON the other hand, the chances are just slightly higher => 20 more points in the GMAT, and it is best to wait
so in conclusion, apply as soon asyou can, but only when your GMAT+application are maximised
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Another question .... Can one get into a top MBA without a GMAT? as I have heard it is possible?
Send PM
Expert Reply
YES, several schools accepted last year, and will continue to accept this year, unique candidates, requesting a GMAT waiver. You can see the entire list of top-ranked MBA programs that have the option to request a GMAT waiver here: https://aringo.com/gmat-gre-waivers-for ... ated-list/
We had about 30 candidates last year get into: MIT, NYU, Darden, Tuck, Ross, UCLA, Cornell, Cornell Tech, Kelly, USC, Mccombs, Tepper and more without a GMAT!
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, you can read this complete chat here: aringo-mba-adm-consulting-q-a-session-unlock-top-ranked-mba-insights-430921.html

We are closing this chat session. Thank you ARINGO for your time and inputs. We greatly appreciate it.

Thank you everyone for joining us, This chat is officially over
Send PM
Expert Reply
thank you everyone there were some nice questions here!
Feel free to check us out on http://www.ARINGO.com for lots of MBA Admissions resources

as mentioned, for profile evaluations, please share your CV, GMAT score, school wish list, and any other relevant information to
shimriw@ARINGO.com

Good luck to everyone in your MBA admissions journey
GMAT Club Bot