Last visit was: 14 Jul 2024, 21:56 It is currently 14 Jul 2024, 21:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
 1   2   3  ...  25   
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [166]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Joined: 25 Oct 2020
Posts: 1125
Own Kudos [?]: 1089 [8]
Given Kudos: 629
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jan 2020
Posts: 8
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [10]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
10
Kudos
Expert Reply
nikhilongc wrote:
Thanks, BB.

For all the good that you have done for the community. We are surely gonna support this.

Just a query though, are there any plans to increase the number of questions on SC and CR?


Currently I can see 10,000 questions on SC and 10,000 questions on CR. That seems like a number that should last someone at least a week or maybe even 2? 😎

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [1]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sure. Happy to help. A few questions:

Did you follow the steps outlined above?
Did you see the green buttons?
Did you read the post carefully and looked at the images?
Did you sign up for the 7-day trial.

atulpatil wrote:
Hello GMATClub Team,

Thanks for this enhancement!

However, I'm unable to view the GMAT like test GUI for the questions in the sub-forums.

Is there an additional setting to do so ?

Please clarify.

Kudos to the good work!

Regards,

Atul


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Mar 2016
Posts: 43
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 89
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Thank you BB for starting this segment; it will be a great add to the club.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jan 2020
Posts: 8
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
2
Kudos
bb wrote:
Sure. Happy to help. A few questions:

Did you follow the steps outlined above?
Did you see the green buttons?
Did you read the post carefully and looked at the images?
Did you sign up for the 7-day trial.

atulpatil wrote:
Hello GMATClub Team,

Thanks for this enhancement!

However, I'm unable to view the GMAT like test GUI for the questions in the sub-forums.

Is there an additional setting to do so ?

Please clarify.

Kudos to the good work!

Regards,

Atul


Posted from my mobile device


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

Yes, I did follow all the steps.

I realized that the GMAT like GUI is operational only in the 'Quiz mode' and not in the 'individual question solving mode'.

That makes sense too!


Thanks and Regards,

Atul
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [3]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
3
Kudos
Expert Reply
Ah. I understand your question now.
Yes, You need to be in the Quiz Mode (click the green button). You can however, take 1 question at a time. You don't need to take multiple questions.

Thx.
BB.

atulpatil wrote:
Hi.
Yes, I did follow all the steps.
I realized that the GMAT like GUI is operational only in the 'Quiz mode' and not in the 'individual question solving mode'.
That makes sense too!

Thanks and Regards,
Atul
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jun 2019
Posts: 32
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 306
Location: United States (PA)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hey this is really good feature.

Couple of suggestions:
1. Can we have flexibility in choosing the numbers of questions which we want to have. Now, by default it is throwing 50 questions
2. During the quiz, once an answer has been selected we can't change the answer. however, having the flexibility to toggle between answer choices would be great.

Thanks Again :)
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jul 2020
Posts: 584
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
Given Kudos: 151
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hey bb, Great feature!

One suggestion would be to add the option of excluding a particular source such as "GMAT prep". As several GMAT prep questions also include the tags of OG, they might show up in these quizzes. I try to avoid those questions in practice and I'm sure as do a lot of other people.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [0]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Brian123 wrote:
Hey bb, Great feature!

One suggestion would be to add the option of excluding a particular source such as "GMAT prep". As several GMAT prep questions also include the tags of OG, they might show up in these quizzes. I try to avoid those questions in practice and I'm sure as do a lot of other people.


Thank you for the suggestion! That's a great point/idea!
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [0]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AG95 wrote:
Hey this is really good feature.

Couple of suggestions:
1. Can we have flexibility in choosing the numbers of questions which we want to have. Now, by default it is throwing 50 questions
2. During the quiz, once an answer has been selected we can't change the answer. however, having the flexibility to toggle between answer choices would be great.

Thanks Again :)


Thank you for the suggestion.
The idea is that if you want fewer questions, you will just terminate the quiz basically. You don't have to take all 50. However, I totally get your point and we will add this feature.

About the changing of the answer, you mean going back to previous questions and changing your answers or just while you are on that question and after you clicked ABCDE but before you clicked Next?
(technically your clock stops after you click ABCDE so that's the fair way but I interested in hearing more :cool:)
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [1]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply

!
FYI - our payment processing system got overwhelmed this morning with too many transactions :dazed

That has been resolved. If you have tried and your transaction failed, it should work now.
Sorry about the inconvenience
BB
BSchool Moderator
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 475
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [3]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
3
Kudos
Hi bb
Great initiative. A quick question, do you think it makes sense to introduce an overarching timer that a user can set before the quiz starts? Say for instance if someone wishes to practice 31 questions picked from the forum's question banks, would it be possible to introduce a timer which would terminate the test at a user defined time, say 62 mins? That would also help in people gauging their speeds.
VP
VP
Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1247
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [1]
Given Kudos: 332
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Nice feature bb, good to see this up and running.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jun 2019
Posts: 32
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 306
Location: United States (PA)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
bb wrote:
AG95 wrote:
Hey this is really good feature.

Couple of suggestions:
1. Can we have flexibility in choosing the numbers of questions which we want to have. Now, by default it is throwing 50 questions
2. During the quiz, once an answer has been selected we can't change the answer. however, having the flexibility to toggle between answer choices would be great.

Thanks Again :)


Thank you for the suggestion.
The idea is that if you want fewer questions, you will just terminate the quiz basically. You don't have to take all 50. However, I totally get your point and we will add this feature.

About the changing of the answer, you mean going back to previous questions and changing your answers or just while you are on that question and after you clicked ABCDE but before you clicked Next?
(technically your clock stops after you click ABCDE so that's the fair way but I interested in hearing more :cool:)


No while doing the quiz, once you click on a particular answer that answer gets locked. However, in actual exam as well, you can change the answers of the question. I am not asking to go back but while you are on the question you should have the flexibility of toggling among answer choices (A/B/C/D/E).
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jun 2019
Posts: 32
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 306
Location: United States (PA)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
Two More points:
1. can we have a filter where i can select unattempted questions after a certain date. There might be possibility that i had attempted a question last year, however i would want to attempt the question again but when i say unattempted only in the filter, these questions will not appear

2. Can we have the option of flagging the question.
bb

Originally posted by AG95 on 13 May 2021, 20:08.
Last edited by AG95 on 21 May 2021, 01:04, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Oct 2020
Posts: 64
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
WE:Account Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
It is asking for card details even when I am trying to go for a free trial.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37803
Own Kudos [?]: 74130 [0]
Given Kudos: 19899
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
Expert Reply
RahulSha wrote:
It is asking for card details even when I am trying to go for a free trial.



Yes. It does. That’s how the subscription system works with most products. You get a free trial but you need a valid credit card.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Joined: 28 Feb 2020
Posts: 935
Own Kudos [?]: 493 [1]
Given Kudos: 839
Location: India
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
1
Kudos
bb, the new initiative is amazing, finally I can do a marathon session without worrying about ads and notifications.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
 1   2   3  ...  25