Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [157]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 599
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V2.0- Update! [#permalink]
bb wrote:
tinbq wrote:
Hi bb,

From my account, I open My bookmark tab, in which I can tick questions but cannot see the 'build the quiz' button. Do I miss something?
Thanks

Please see this post: https://gmatclub.com/forum/forum-quiz-m ... l#p2799898

The option to take bookmarked questions is available in the sub forum.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks bb,
But is there any way that I can really customise the test by choosing certain questions?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
tinbq wrote:
bb wrote:
tinbq wrote:
Hi bb,

From my account, I open My bookmark tab, in which I can tick questions but cannot see the 'build the quiz' button. Do I miss something?
Thanks

Please see this post: https://gmatclub.com/forum/forum-quiz-m ... l#p2799898

The option to take bookmarked questions is available in the sub forum.

Thanks bb,
But is there any way that I can really customise the test by choosing certain questions?

Yes. It is described in the first post. Have you read the first post in this topic?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
tinbq wrote:

Thanks bb,

Yes. It is described in the first post. Have you read the first post in this topic?

Hi bb,

Yes I did. But I cannot find a way to create a custom mock quiz with RC, SC and CR questions from different sources (topics & books). I think I can only create a quiz with questions in the same source: a sub topic (i.e. RC, SC or CR) or a book.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 306
Send PM
bb wrote:
AG95 wrote:
Hi , i am running into this error when i try to build a quiz. "An error has occurred. This filter has already been taken in the Quiz. Please filter again." bb can you help me understand this

Good question. I have not run into it so let me find out.
My guess is that you may be going through a bookmark or a historic link (my guess here) since each quiz seems to have a unique ID and you have reached the 50 question limit, so you may want start fresh and build another filter/quiz... but let me find out.

Thanks!

Hey bb. This problem has not been solved yet. Thing is i am using bookmarked link because i have customised it as per my need. If we are supposed to put all the filters again and again, it is not efficient, specially in the source section.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
There is an easy solution - You need to click the filter button to refresh your session and then click take quiz if you intend to use a bookmark.

PS. It will not be fixed for a while until we change the system since it is built a certain way and that will be a while.

AG95 wrote:
bb wrote:
AG95 wrote:
Hi , i am running into this error when i try to build a quiz. "An error has occurred. This filter has already been taken in the Quiz. Please filter again." bb can you help me understand this

My guess is that you may be going through a bookmark or a historic link (my guess here) since each quiz seems to have a unique ID and you have reached the 50 question limit, so you may want start fresh and build another filter/quiz... but let me find out.

Thanks!

Hey bb. This problem has not been solved yet. Thing is i am using bookmarked link because i have customised it as per my need. If we are supposed to put all the filters again and again, it is not efficient, specially in the source section.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi!
What if I want to create a mix verbal quiz(consisting of 10-12 Questions of RC, 10-12 Questions of SC and 10-12 CR) would this Quiz tool help me create it or only topic wise Quizzes are possible?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mittal20sunidhi wrote:
Hi!
What if I want to create a mix verbal quiz(consisting of 10-12 Questions of RC, 10-12 Questions of SC and 10-12 CR) would this Quiz tool help me create it or only topic wise Quizzes are possible?

Hi. You mean you want to simulate a test with a quiz ;-) ?
Good idea. At this time, we do not have ability to take multiple question types (you can't mix PS and DS or SC and CR) but that is on the list of features and will be coming sometime soon (I need to figure out the timeline with our dev team).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Duke '15
Send PM
bb wrote:
AG95 wrote:

Thanks!

I am also facing the same issue sometimes, so if we attempt a set of Questions for eg: 600-700 level difficulty, Arithmetic, All source, sorted by Views. After this attempt (either complete or partial) the candidate will not be able to attempt the same set of questions again. It gives the same error.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
Send PM
Is there any way to filter exclusive topic(tag) wise questions, i.e. When I filter for Pronoun questions I don't want questions that are tagged as anything else except other than pronouns. Is that possible as I am preparing topic wise and need to practice?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
linuschoudhury wrote:
Is there any way to filter exclusive topic(tag) wise questions, i.e. When I filter for Pronoun questions I don't want questions that are tagged as anything else except other than pronouns. Is that possible as I am preparing topic wise and need to practice?

Hi. It is possible in a slightly round-about way:
1. Find ONE topic that has only pronouns as the tag/topic. Here is one: https://gmatclub.com/forum/tsunami-rela ... 54784.html

2. Use the green button to build a quiz and choose use the same Topic and Difficulty or Same topic and Source

Good luck!
BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 477 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Send PM
Hi bb

Is there a way to avoid OGs/GMATPrep questions while building the quiz?
Also when I'm building the quiz, I could see a lot of repeated questions. (I mean questions that I already solved.)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
HarshaBujji wrote:
Hi bb

Also when I'm building the quiz, I could see a lot of repeated questions. (I mean questions that I already solved.)

Hi. There is no way to exclude certain question types.

You may see many questions you attempted but they should not show up in your quiz. Let me know if they do (that means you would take it in a quiz and have taken it before)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
HarshaBujji wrote:
Hi bb

There is an option to filter unattempted question.. so if you do that I don't think you'll see questions that you have done..band if you want to filter other than OG in the source you can select each source one by one other than OG but that's a lot of filtering I guess..

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM