It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:21

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep Tools 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
8 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 29394 [8], given: 5318

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
GMAT Prep Tools 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 19:13
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Free GMAT Prep Tools to Break the 700

If you knows others, please post and mods will add to the list

1. GMAT Club Forum Workbook
    All of the questions you attempt on the GMAT Club Forums with the built-in Timer will be saved in your workbook that you can use as an error log later to identify patterns, weaknesses, or attempt the questions you got wrong again. Plus - we will also send you daily questions based on your practice history/level.
    • Use it as an automatic error log - all questions you attempt are recorded in a dedicated workbook area
    • Achieve better time management
    • Analyze your strengths and weaknesses
    • Practice in test-like conditions
    • Keep track of your progress (all of your timing and answer results are saved in Your Workbook)
    • Analyze detailed statistics (nice charts included)

2. GMAT Club Rewards
    You get rewarded for participation on GMAT Club - make sure you take the most advantage of the rewards. You can get GMAT Club Tests, Premium MBA Bundle, GMAT courses, and admissions consulting packages.

3. GMAT Timer
    • Very flexible downloadable timer for PC (mac options available) written by Walker
    • Alarm mode
    • Countdown mode
    • Answer tracking
    • Performance statistics
    • Comes with sounds and all other possible bells & whistles

4. GMAT ToolKit for iPhone/iPad
    [Download GMAT Club App | Download GMAT ToolKit App]
    Another cool tool by Walker - the best selling GMAT app in the iTunes store with 992 practice questions and features that will satisfy the wildest minds
    • Official Guide tracker
    • Timer
    • 992 practice questions
    • Flashcards
    • News
    • Game

5. New Error Log and Original Error Log
    Think of the error log as a list of problems you definitely want to go over in your final week of prep.
    • Questions you got wrong
    • Questions you got right,but with some divine intervention.
      (guessing)
    • Questions you got wrong in a timed environment. <-- Very very important

For each of the above categories, make sure to note down the software/book in which the problem was there and of course the problem number. This list, IF done properly, will be the BEST prep material you will ever find because its customized to help you on your weak areas. Work on this LIST in your final two weeks along with the official guide.

• Make sure you practice in a timed environment whenever possible.
    • Keep a spreadsheet and categorize your errors. at the end of every week, you will see a trend in your errors. analyze, write down a strategy to eliminate and stick to it.

• The idea is that you should never make the same mistake twice :-) Prepping for long hours will NOT make any sense if we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.Use all the advantage you can. and eliminating silly errors is definitely possible.

6. GMAT Calendar
    [Download Sample1 | Sample 2]
    A new little tool one of the members developed to keep them honest and realistic about the prep.
    I would highly recommend placing a few days off here and there (that was my mistakes, not taking any time off and I think it has been too hard on me as the result)

7. Guide to the Official Guide
    [Download Official Guide Excel]
    Now, you may ask - do you really need a guide to the guide? Well, yes, if you are planning to practice a certain type of questions or if you would like to know their difficulty. You can download our spreadsheet that catalogs every question and also shows which questions are new to the Official Guide and which have been carried over from previous edition.

Also, try out the Magoosh GMAT Companion for the Official Guide:
    GMAT Official Guide Companion

8. GMAT Flash Cards
    [Download Flashcards by GMAT Club | Flashcards by Miguelmick]
    A very comprehensive set (actually several sets) of Flashcards for study on the go or just to jog your memory and knowledge. Now, Flashcards are not really a very comprehensive way to study but they can be very helpful if you combine the set already made with your own cards/tips/tricks/notes that you have made and in particular on the areas you have the most challenges with.

9. Collection of All Free Trials
    Get the best courses and tests free of charge with these great offers from Test Prep companies collected in one place.

10. GMAT Question of the Day and Interactive Study Plan
    [Subscribe via E-mail | Subscribe via RSS Feed]
    This is an absolutely free service provided by GMAT Club - every day you will receive 2 questions (one math and one verbal). These will be 2 challenging questions with answers and explanations (link provided) from the tough question collection of GMAT Club Tests

11. GMAT Score Conversion Tables
    Do you need to convert percentiles, raw scores, or to know how many more V's or Q's you need to make that 700? This post is your friend with numerous tables, charts, and conversion tools. This is a different tool/table from the above

12. GMAT Score Calculator
    One final and very powerful Score Estimation tool! If you have taken Kaplan and made 650 and then got 700 on Manhattan GMAT - what GMAT score should you expect? (This tool will give you the idea!)

13. All GMAT Club Files & Downloads
    If you are looking for the other 3,000 tools, files, and resources on GMAT Club - this is the place to get them. This tool aggregates all of the GMAT Club forum files, attachments, and what have you (images are excluded) to give you an idea what people are downloading in which forums. Easy to navigate and even easier to fill your drive with an overload of GMAT stuff - warning, there are 100 pages.

14. Best GMAT Club Posts and Most Bookmarked Posts
    You can find the best posts that have received the most Kudos from members as well as have been bookmarked the most.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Last edited by Gnpth on 25 Oct 2017, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Made it Sticky

Kudos [?]: 29394 [8], given: 5318

Magoosh Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
Senior RC Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 1603 [1], given: 281

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Prep Tools 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 20:26
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Wow. That's an extensive collection. And also thanks for including my error log. We can add broall error log as well. It contains timer. I think :think: I need to work with him to incorporate the timer to my log. I'm not that good in Macros.. :lol:

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Kudos [?]: 1603 [1], given: 281

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 198

Gmat KILLED ME.........PLEASE HELP ME , I BEG AND REQUEST [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 01:23
This post received
KUDOS
8 months ago my GMAT diagnostic was 370
Q-36
V-8

I left my job , I was on full studies at home and was trying everything to bring my score to 650+

Last day i gave GMAT and scored 540
Q-40
V-22

I studied from Manhattan , Official guide ,Princeton Review, Practiced more than 2000 questions of each section , Done more than 200 RC

Now I have 4 months to appear again for summer admissions

I want to pursue MS in Entrepreneurship and Innovation

Target score is 700 or at least 680

ON THE EXAM, I FOUND [color=#ed1c24]RC to be way tougher than usual 600-700 level RC , I WAS SHORT ON TIME ON VERBALS, My SC was also average [/color]

I am weak in English

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need step by step work to be done on daily basis but I will join work now.....Is there anyone who can understand my situation as I WAS ALWAYS WEAK IN MATHS AND VERBALS???

I can drag my score of quant to 46 at least....I Scored low on Quant becoz I did a terrible mistake of not studying it for 2 months and focusing entirely on VERBALS when I scored 47 on GMATPREP and studied QUANT a week before and I realised i was down again but IT WAS TOO LATE...

Please help me Please.......I know leaving work and studying all the time n same thing was BAD IDEA and I will not do that again

BUT PLEASE GUIDE ME IN STEP BY STEP WAY to help me reach 680 at least

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 198

Chat Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 140

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Gmat KILLED ME.........PLEASE HELP ME , I BEG AND REQUEST [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 09:37
rocko911 wrote:
8 months ago my GMAT diagnostic was 370
Q-36
V-8

I left my job , I was on full studies at home and was trying everything to bring my score to 650+

Last day i gave GMAT and scored 540
Q-40
V-22

I studied from Manhattan , Official guide ,Princeton Review, Practiced more than 2000 questions of each section , Done more than 200 RC

Now I have 4 months to appear again for summer admissions

I want to pursue MS in Entrepreneurship and Innovation

Target score is 700 or at least 680

ON THE EXAM, I FOUND [color=#ed1c24]RC to be way tougher than usual 600-700 level RC , I WAS SHORT ON TIME ON VERBALS, My SC was also average [/color]

I am weak in English

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need step by step work to be done on daily basis but I will join work now.....Is there anyone who can understand my situation as I WAS ALWAYS WEAK IN MATHS AND VERBALS???

I can drag my score of quant to 46 at least....I Scored low on Quant becoz I did a terrible mistake of not studying it for 2 months and focusing entirely on VERBALS when I scored 47 on GMATPREP and studied QUANT a week before and I realised i was down again but IT WAS TOO LATE...

Please help me Please.......I know leaving work and studying all the time n same thing was BAD IDEA and I will not do that again

BUT PLEASE GUIDE ME IN STEP BY STEP WAY to help me reach 680 at least

Firstly, lets start with all the positives.

Amazing jump in Verbal section. This proves that you have the caliber to work hard and deliver. There is still room for improvement. So we can address that.

4 months is sufficient to improve on both the sections.

I believe you need to sit down and throw anxiety out of the window. It won't serve you any good. You can fret all you want but that won't help an ounce to reach 700.

Start with a plan. Retrospect and identify your weak areas. Try to devote more time to those sections but do not ignore any section.

Practice and you will improve your accuracy.

Start with SC. It will be easier to check your progress. List down all the rules and memorize them. More importantly, read and understand the meaning.

Work on RC. Start with sub-600 and gradually move upwards. Start reading materials outside of GMAT such as journals, blogs etc. which are dense so that you get a feel of real RC.

Practice under real time exam conditions and analyze more than you practice.

There are some amazing articles that can actually guide you.

Good Luck!

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 140

Re: Gmat KILLED ME.........PLEASE HELP ME , I BEG AND REQUEST   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2017, 09:37

GMAT Prep Tools 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap