Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
ISB & IIM Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [20]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '23
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 363
GMAT 1: 620 Q50 V23
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 5: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
raj94knp wrote:
Hello guys and mentors, Hope this message finds you all well. I took the GMAT few days ago and seeking evaluation of my profile for ISB. I am providing here some of the key details about my profile GMAT: 720 ( V37, Q50, AWA 4, IR 8 ) : Acads: Graduation: B.Tech In Chemical Engineering, from a reputed state engineering college in Kanpur(U.P.) 76.54%, Year: 2016 • Secured 3 offers after graduation (Among 3 out of 65 in the batch who were able to do so • Co-founded, with my batch mate, a coaching institute to teach engineering subjects to students from different engineering institutes in my city; At one time we were teaching more than 50 students from 4 different institutes. • Led the final year group project and secured 92% marks for my group by collaborating and appropriately delegating tasks XII: 83.4% (UP Board) Year: 2011 • Recognized by Dept of Education, Gov of UP, India for Excellent academic performance in 12th across all public schools. X: 72.67% (UP Board) Year: 2009 Work Ex: Working in an Indian Oil and Gas PSU in Since 2016 ( 7+ years of Ex) Assistant manager: 2020- present • Saved approximately USD 500K (through efficiency improvement in APC, a process control matrix, performance from 74 % to 97 %) by redefining KPIs for APC matrix, in collaboration with APC vendor and process monitoring department. • Avoided potential loss of USD 700-900K (in form of equipment damage, maintenance and lost production hours) by mentoring the team of twenty eight, through mock drills, in dealing with high stress emergency situations such as power or utility failure. • Brought annual saving of USD 80K by conceptualizing the modification scheme concerning oil loss conservation. • Co-led the timely completion of commissioning activities of LPG treatment unit, a USD 1 million project, by consistently meeting deadlines for individual milestones within the project, which would save USD 500K worth chemicals. • Developed standardized format for log-books by reassessing monitoring scope and by clearly defining monitoring objectives, resulting in reduced breakdown frequency of equipment – the format that is recommended as template for other units Production Engineer : 2016-2020 • Conceptualized and implemented an energy conservation scheme that enabled the extraction of energy from a hot stream to its full potential, reducing fresh oil consumption in the unit (Saving US$ 700K annually). • Planned and facilitated periodic maintenance of more than 100 static and dynamic equipment, bringing down breakdown frequency of equipment by more than 60%. • Drafted and Co-led the implementation of lean concepts such as 5s and TPM in my unit, eliminating waste and redundancy in overall process of supply chain. • Even with limited resources during COVID-19, managed to ensure uninterrupted supply chain by sharing and delegating additional responsibilities among peers and supporting staff. • Led the team of 32 members of supporting staff and ensured collaboration among the cross functional team of 15 members, achieving the highest on-stream days (370 days against usual 300 days) in past one decade with capacity utilization rate of nearly 100%. Ex Curricular: E-Vidyaloka (An NGO dedicated to improve quality of education across rural India through digital means) • Helping kids of class 6th- 8th in improving their basics of mathematics in fun and interactive way and recording their progress through class assignments and verbal tests that has shown visible improvement in their understanding. • Volunteering for Transliteration and Translation of study material from regional languages to English to provide volunteer teachers from all walks of life access of resources that can be incorporated in their respective sessions. Toastmasters International (Member of two clubs - Sunday Brunch Masters and Toastmaster for Professionals) • Hosted multiple club meetings and recognized as best toastmasters, best topic masters many times in these club meetings. • Initiated practice of logging evaluator’s observations in meeting, setting agenda accordingly for next one on both individual and group level and gauging improvements in next meeting, the practice that helped in better keeping track of progress. • Mentored new members in enrolling pathways learning program and subsequently in drafting speeches. Others • Provided strategic assistance to my brother in running his edible oil trading business; helped him in reducing credit default risk through risk distribution and strategically developing credit history. Post MBA Goals: In long terms, Transition from core operations to strategic side of business. In short terms, join an organization for roles such as leadership development role/general management or operations consulting to get the holistic experience of the entire product cycle. Thanks in advance. Regards Rajat

Overall looks good. Couple of suggestions- 1) Important to stress why MBA at this point in time (given you have 7+ ex.) 2) Might want to consider slightly tweaking your post MBA goals- Gen Mngt roles are typically for folks with lesser work ex.; Ops consulting or your LT goal can be one of your ST goals.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 363
GMAT 1: 620 Q50 V23
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 5: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
FLY.reachout, Thanks for the input. Moving forward, I will take these suggestion into consideration.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM