Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:22 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Fuqua Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Send PM
Fuqua Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello, everyone! Thanks for the introduction, Nikhil. Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.

A little bit about me: I'm from India, and have over 5 years of work ex in Corporate Finance. I'm a CA (the equivalent of a CPA in India) and a CS (a post-graduate degree in Corporate, Industrial and Capital Laws). I'm currently researching schools and their respective culture. I thrive in creative and collaborative environments so, for that reason, schools with a tight-knit and collaborative cohort are the right fit for me - one of the big reasons why I was attracted to Fuqua's Daytime MBA programme. I also like to write - I'll be a published writer (hopefully) by the time I hit 'submit' on my applications. I'm also a Stand-Up comedian and I'm associated with over 5 NGOs, so I really believe in social work and volunteering.

Please feel free to share a bit about yourself as well. I'll be sharing a summary of the school's application along with a few resources that have helped me in learning more about Fuqua. So, keep watching this space and let's keep it interactive. Is it too soon to say "Go blue devils"? I don't think so. All the best to us! :)
Fuqua Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Background on Duke Fuqua:

School Description, according to the school's website:
"Fuqua enrols more than 2,000 students a year across ten-degree programs and eleven non-degree programs, designed to help working professionals, as well as full-time students, push their limits and try new things. While our campus is based in North America, we are known for providing opportunities for learning and engagement around the world.

The school has long-standing relationships with firms in key industries, including health care, financial services, consulting, technology, consumer goods, energy and the environment, and media, as well as a focus on the areas of entrepreneurship and social impact. Our network of 25,000+ alumni, many of whom remain highly engaged with Fuqua, are known for a special way of working. Ultimately, we measure the success of our graduates by their impact on workplaces and the world around them, by their relationships and reputations."

How to pronounce Fuqua: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mcH-RkkYAM

Why is it called Fuqua, you ask? According to the website, this is why:
J.B. Fuqua had a problem. A lot of ambition. Not a lot of money. College just wasn’t going to happen. So this Virginia farm boy asked several universities to mail him books instead. Only Duke responded. Call it distance learning, Depression-style, but those finance and banking books laid the foundation for a Fortune 500 company and J.B. Fuqua’s success.

Eleven years after Duke University chartered the Graduate School of Business in 1969, it was named The Fuqua School of Business with a gift from J.B. Fuqua in gratitude for that early relationship.

J.B. Fuqua believed any obstacle could be overcome with education and hard work, and this sense of grit remains part of our culture still. His support helped us evolve into one of the world’s best business schools. Our story shows how gifts—even those as small as a book—can make a difference.

There's tons of useful info on the school's YouTube channel as well: https://www.youtube.com/user/FuquaSchOfBusiness/playlists
You can read up about COLE, check out EDGE and CASE Chats, and even revisit AdCom information sessions. There are different playlists, do check them out.

Since I'm applying to the Daytime MBA programme, my research has been limited to that. If you need any specific information, please feel free to reply and ask. I'll try to look it up for you or you can ask the Admissions Office yourself at admissions-info@fuqua.duke.edu

Daytime MBA Program

Duration: 22 months
Curriculum: General management, plus 17 concentrations, 2 certificates, 1 track, and 5 dual degree options
Elective Options: 100+

This is what the first year looks like:
Students complete approximately 14 core courses and choose four or more electives.

> Orientation (3 days)
> Summer (4 weeks)
>> Core classes (3)
> Fall 1 (6 weeks)
>> Core classes (5)
> Fall 2 (6 weeks)
>> Core classes (4)
> Winter
>> Optional elective workshop in Managerial Improvisation
> Spring 1 (6 weeks)
>> Core class (1)
>> Electives (2)
> Spring 2 (6 weeks)
>> Core class (1)
>> Electives (2)

As for the second year, this is what it looks like:
In the second year, students take electives (typically three per term) that allow them to tailor their course of study to meet their educational and career objectives.

> Re-orientation and Consequential Leadership II (4 days)
> Fall 1 (6 weeks)
>> Electives (3)
> Fall 2 (6 weeks)
>> Electives (3)
> Spring 1 (6 weeks)
>> Electives (3)
> Spring 2 (6 weeks)
>> Electives (3)

You also have the support of your study groups, which are carefully planned by Fuqua and are made in a way to ensure diversity. The study groups are called C-Leads.

You can read more about the Curriculum here: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/curriculum
You can read more about the Concentrations and Certifications here: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/concentrations-certificates
For Dual Degree, please visit: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/dual-degrees

To know more about Fuqua, please attend the virtual events. Register here: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/virtual-events#!/
Fuqua is also on GMAT Club! Follow them for regular updates at newsFuqua
Fuqua Moderator
Send PM
Fuqua Fall 2023 Application - What we know so far:

Deadlines:

Early Action:
Application Deadline - Sept. 7, 2022
Interview Decision - Sept. 22, 2022
Final Decision - Oct. 20, 2022
Deposit Deadline - Dec. 5, 2022

Round 1:
Application Deadline - Sept. 26, 2022
Interview Decision - Oct. 26, 2022
Final Decision - Dec. 8, 2022
Deposit Deadline - Feb. 21, 2023

Round 2:
Application Deadline - Jan. 5, 2023
Interview Decision - Feb. 1, 2023
Final Decision - Mar. 10, 2023
Deposit Deadline - Apr. 24, 2023

Round 3:
Application Deadline - Mar. 28, 2023
Interview Decision - Apr. 12, 2023
Final Decision - May 2, 2023
Deposit Deadline - May 15, 2023
* International applicants should apply in EA, Round 1, and Round 2 to allow time for visa processing.

Note: If you're a reapplicant, Fuqua suggests you reapply in EA or Round 1.

Read more about selection criteria, and check out the FAQs about admissions here: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/admissions-facts-dates

Fuqua has confirmed the essay questions for this year's applications. Read PersonalMBACoach's analysis here:
https://www.personalmbacoach.com/duke-mba-essays/

Read what's new about Fuqua's application this year: https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/2022/06/24/allison-jamison/whats-new-in-the-duke-mba-application-for-2022-2023
tl;dr: New DEI academic concentration. Impact Scholars. Only one LoR will be considered. Accelerated Daytime MBA applicants can now apply in R1 as well

Follow Fuqua on GMAT Club: newsFuqua

Also, please find attached MbaMission's Fuqua Insider Guide. Hope it helps your research!
Attachments
Fuqua Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [1]
Send PM
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Bookmarks
New Event Alert for Indian Applicants!

Fuqua is organizing an in-person event in New Delhi, India!

Here are the details:

Event name: "Fuqua Live: Dean Bill Boulding"
Date: July 23rd, 2022
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM IST
Description:
The Admissions Team at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business invites you to join Dean Bill Boulding during his visit to New Delhi, India, for a conversation about shaping future business leaders and the innovations happening at Fuqua. Dean Boulding will also be joined by Lizzie Pogoloff, Senior Regional Director for India, and area alumni who will be there to speak about their time at Fuqua and the impact a graduate business degree had on their careers.

For those attending in-person in New Delhi, you will have the opportunity to speak with Lizzie about our portfolio of programs and network with alumni about the impact an MBA had on their careers.
To register for in-person attendance, visit: https://admissions.fuqua.duke.edu/register/DeanBouldingIndia

For those who are unable to attend the event in New Delhi, there is a virtual option to hear Dean Boulding's remarks and an alumni panel discussion.
To register for virtual attendance, visit: https://admissions.fuqua.duke.edu/register/DeanBouldingVIS

Originally posted by mainbhiankit on 06 Jul 2022, 10:49.
Last edited by Narenn on 07 Dec 2022, 08:43, edited 3 times in total.
Yale Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Fuqua '26 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V166
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mainbhiankit wrote:
Fuqua is organizing an in-person event in New Delhi, India!

Here are the details:

Event name: "Fuqua Live: Dean Bill Boulding"
Date: July 23rd, 2022
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM IST
Description:
The Admissions Team at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business invites you to join Dean Bill Boulding during his visit to New Delhi, India, for a conversation about shaping future business leaders and the innovations happening at Fuqua. Dean Boulding will also be joined by Lizzie Pogoloff, Senior Regional Director for India, and area alumni who will be there to speak about their time at Fuqua and the impact a graduate business degree had on their careers.

For those attending in-person in New Delhi, you will have the opportunity to speak with Lizzie about our portfolio of programs and network with alumni about the impact an MBA had on their careers.
To register for in-person attendance, visit: https://admissions.fuqua.duke.edu/regis ... ldingIndia

For those who are unable to attend the event in New Delhi, there is a virtual option to hear Dean Boulding’s remarks and an alumni panel discussion.
To register for virtual attendance, visit: https://admissions.fuqua.duke.edu/regis ... ouldingVIS
Thanks for sharing, Registered
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [3]
Send PM
Kudos