Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:19 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [8]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Bookmarks
terminator12 wrote:
Hi, can someone pls confirm whether duke provides toefl waivers for applicants whose undergrad was conducted entirely in english?
Yes, they provide
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
thanks
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Hey everyone, at Business Conquerors, we are conducting case workshops for interested candidates from top schools. You can apply if you’re interested. This is a free workshop given the pilot. G’day
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fuqua Daytime MBA application is now live.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... structions

Open Interview Period

Interviews provide you with an ideal opportunity to present a different view of your credentials to the admissions committee. An admissions staff member, an alumnus/a, or an admissions fellow (a second-year MBA student) will conduct your interview. At this time, all interviews will be conducted virtually regardless of your location.

Open Interview Period (August 23 - October 12, 2021): All applicants, regardless of the round in which they apply, are eligible to interview during this time. If your interview is not conducted during the Open Interview Period, your interview will be scheduled by invitation only. Interviews during the Open Interview Period are on a first-come, first-served basis.

To schedule an interview during this period, please start an application, and you will get instructions about how to schedule your interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Fuqua Daytime MBA application is now live.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/day ... structions

Open Interview Period

Interviews provide you with an ideal opportunity to present a different view of your credentials to the admissions committee. An admissions staff member, an alumnus/a, or an admissions fellow (a second-year MBA student) will conduct your interview. At this time, all interviews will be conducted virtually regardless of your location.

Open Interview Period (August 23 - October 12, 2021): All applicants, regardless of the round in which they apply, are eligible to interview during this time. If your interview is not conducted during the Open Interview Period, your interview will be scheduled by invitation only. Interviews during the Open Interview Period are on a first-come, first-served basis.

To schedule an interview during this period, please start an application, and you will get instructions about how to schedule your interview.
Thanks, Nikhil.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [4]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Fuqua sent the following training plan for the applicants. I thought I would share it here for others who are not on the mailing list.

6-12 months out from the application deadline:

-> Prepare for the GMAT/GRE
-> Schedule your test date
-> Research requirements for each of the programs you’re considering
-> Check school websites for our upcoming events– here is a quick primer on what to expect with different types of activities
-> Take the GMAT or GRE
-> Stay in the loop by signing up for information from schools

3 months prior to application:

-> Create or edit your professional resume
-> Ask for recommendations
Contact your recommenders to be sure that they will be able to fill out your recommendation form when it becomes available, and make sure you discuss your reasons for applying to business school and what you hope to gain from the experience.
-> Keep checking school websites for upcoming events near you or on campus
-> Start gathering your transcripts. Pro tip: Official transcripts are only needed if you are admitted.
-> Begin working on your essays

Three weeks before the deadline:

-> Finalize essay drafts and ask a friend or mentor to read
-> Meet with your recommenders to review your essays, goals, and reasons for applying to business school
-> Upload electronic transcripts to avoid any problems
-> Ensure you have a credit card ready and available for application fee payment

Two weeks before deadline:

-> Review and upload essays
-> Review online application for accuracy

Day before deadline:

-> Send reminder email to recommenders
-> Recheck all information entered online
-> Print application copy for your records

Deadline:

Hit submit!
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi, Everyone,

We are adding inajain10 to the Fuqua moderator team. He/she will be applying to Fuqua this year and has knowledge about the school. He/she will be a great contributor to the conversations that are going to happen here. If you have any questions, ask them away here! :)

Congratulations inajain10
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Hi, Everyone,

We are adding inajain10 to the Fuqua moderator team. He/she will be applying to Fuqua this year and has knowledge about the school. He/she will be a great contributor to the conversations that are going to happen here. If you have any questions, ask them away here! :)

Congratulations inajain10
Thank you for the introduction, Nikhil!
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Who are targeting early action round? About a month to go. All good with your applications?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Heyy everyone! Did anyone get a slot for the open interviews?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Heyy Everyone! Nikhil I am really perplexed by the way Open Interview slots were communicated on the page.
On the admissions website, it simply says the Open Interview Time Period shall be August 23 - October 12, but they didn't have a dedicated page or sent a notice that the Open Interview slots are now open.

It was only today during the Virtual Information session that I got to know that the slots are already FULL! Apparently, one had to book the slot from one of the tabs in the application profile itself. I was really banking on leveraging the open interview slot and now I am clueless as to what I shall be doing!!

Originally posted by Skywalker92 on 05 Aug 2021, 13:18.
Last edited by Skywalker92 on 05 Aug 2021, 20:05, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V42
Send PM
khulluskywalker wrote:
Heyy Everyone! Nikhil I am really perplexed by the way Open Interview slots were communicated on the Fuqua page.
On the admissions website, it simply says the Open Interview Time Period shall be August 23 - October 12, but unlike Darden, they didn’t have a dedicated page or notice for the Open Interview Scheduler.

It was only today during the Virtual Information session that I got to know that the slots are already FULL! Apparently, one had to book the slot from one of the tabs in your application profile itself. My whole application was banking on giving an open interview (because of GMAT score nearer to their low-end bracket) and now I am clueless as to what I shall be doing!!
Well I tried last week though application and it said the slots don’t open until 23rd. So yes its surprising.

From the message what I can interpret is the open interview slots for reapplicants is full. The regular open interview slots open on 23. The reapplicants can also opt during that period.

Originally posted by ad18 on 05 Aug 2021, 19:22.
Last edited by ad18 on 05 Aug 2021, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
ad18 Oh is it!? Did it explicitly say on the application page that slots will open on 23rd?
I'm just thinking that interviews for re-applicants were supposed to happen between 9 Aug and 20 Aug, quite surprising if they opened it that close to the slots.

Last night during the session, someone raised this point to the AdCom team and they said that yes if the slots are full, then get yourself on the waitlist but we can't assure how much it will move, if at all. I really hope what you're suggesting about these slots catering to only re-applicants is true.

This is the message I received last night after applying for the waitlist (which if it is for Re-applicants, then ideally should have been closed to not create confusion):

"The registration for the open interview period is now full. if you would like to be placed on the waitlist, should space become available, please complete this registration"
Current Student
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Hey everyone, what I did a couple of weeks ago was to fill in the biographical info on the application and then submit the request for an interview. I then received a confirmation email saying that my open interview registration is confirmed, but I do not have a date yet, as apparently the interviewer will contact me to arrange a slot that works for both of us between August 23rd and October 12th. Have you tried looking for that option in the application?
Current Student
Send PM
Hey akoltsidopoulos

Thanks a lot for the update from your end. So I had no clue that if you fill those fields in the personal background information and then answer a couple of questions in the Interview page, it gives you an option to register yourself for the Open Interview slots. It was only yesterday when someone raised the point of Open Interview round slots already maxed out that I started fiddling with the portal again and ultimately discovered this.

Ideally, there should have been some notification via mail or otherwise, notifying that you can register yourselves now. This is a big opportunity loss for candidates like me. I did the needful, which you mentioned, but now it only keeps you in waitlist.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
khulluskywalker, I agree, I only heard about it in the previous info session a couple of weeks ago (I think that was their first one since the application has opened). There is some information on the website about the open interview, but I would contact admissions, see if they have any 1:1 or other info sessions and say how much you are interested in Fuqua (and maybe there is a way to move you up the waitlist?). Good luck!
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM