MBA Chat

go back
Duke Fuqua 0 members online out of 4358
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
ehsan420 wrote:
dont worry guys. i got dinged with a 770

You have to really know how to do it with 770. Sorry. Really appreciate you sharing it!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got WL without interview­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
bb wrote:
You have to really know how to do it with 770. Sorry. Really appreciate you sharing it!

frankly speaking it was a raw attempt but i am not leaving Duke :cool:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are they rejecting candidates? Or are all being sent into the WL?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R2 waitlisted with interview. 770 GMAT
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Wait listed
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
WL
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R2 dinged
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
WL without interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do you guys think this round was more competitive than previous ones?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Don’t know if it was more competitive than R1 but I’d wager it’s been more competive than previous years.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R2 felt like a bloodbath to me.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does email update mean WL or reject only or could it be admitted too?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’m WL too.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
WL with interview*
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ah, well. Was an interesting journey. I’m likely not accepting my WL because I have another offer and as an international applicant I don’t want to risk waiting too long.

Nicely done to all the admits!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MrChalo wrote:
where are you from?

Peru
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congrats to everyone admitted! Can’t wait to meet you guys in Durham
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I was waitlisted last round but was invited for an interview this round but waitlisted again does that mean my interview did not go well?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cshaffrey wrote:
I was waitlisted last round but was invited for an interview this round but waitlisted again does that mean my interview did not go well?

I believe this was just a competitive round/year. My interview went phenomenal still waitlisted.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
waitlisted post interview twice, R1 applicant
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cshaffrey wrote:

Same with me. I have reached out to my interviewer asking if they have any specific suggestions that could help me. Let’s see.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mml91218, See you soon Buddy
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there any WA group? If so please add me +091 9999417677
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think they WL ppl with high scores (770) thinking that you might get other offers and go there, but rather in case you don’t they may pull you in. They can ensure a higher % selection this way. Maybe my speculation on this trend based on a few cases above.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PSP92 wrote:
Same with me. I have reached out to my interviewer asking if they have any specific suggestions that could help me. Let’s see.

Yeah that’s the right way to go about it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone on round 3 got an interview invite yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
not yet, good luck to everyone waiting
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got an email saying I have not been invited for an interview. What are the chances for this to change later? Do I just assume it to be rejection?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ehsan420 wrote:
dont worry guys. i got dinged with a 770

Fuqua is known to waitlist many people. They are always trying to increase their yield. If they feel that you are too good and not accept the offer, they’ll waitlist you
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do people get calls from their interviewer (adcom) or regional director ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Tukkebaaz wrote:
Is there any WA group? If so please add me +091 9999417677

you should join the slack workspace!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone got into the slack?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It says that the link is no longer available
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mml91218 wrote:
you should join the slack workspace!

How can I join?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group/ Slack channel for the admitted students?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes theres a slack but the link sent by email doesnt work
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R2 waitlisted with interview.
How much of a chance do I have to get an admit? I only have one card left. Feels like I’m useless. So different from when I got several invites.

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
928kylie wrote:
R2 waitlisted with interview. How much of a chance do I have to get an admit? I only have one card left. Feels like I’m useless. So different from when I got several invites. Posted from my mobile device

What I know is you need to provide multiple updates to let them know you really want to join, including
1. Extra LOR from alumni
2. Updated higher test score
3. Work promotion
4. School visit

Saw a few WL guys converted their offer after doing 2-3 out of those above
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
928kylie wrote:
R2 waitlisted with interview. How much of a chance do I have to get an admit? I only have one card left. Feels like I’m useless. So different from when I got several invites. Posted from my mobile device

Fuqua is also one of the few (at least among T15 schools) that I have seen that encourages lots of contact with admissions. Notice that they put all their e-mails out there on the website. Contrast that with Tuck or Stern, where I was repeatedly told during info sessions that I should NOT be e-mailing adcom much, and should instead focus my efforts on other students. I have heard from other students in prior years that they just kept writing to adcom (one I talked to said they sent 9 letters/e-mails) and eventually got in. I get the sense that Fuqua is extremely protective of their yield rate, even more so than other T15 schools.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
“While we do require a completed interview for admission, it is possible that you would be invited to interview later in this round or in a following round” This sentence indicates waitlist right? Also, I have another question. Can I submit an additional LOR; if so, with an email?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have one more for people who have gotten selected, especially from India: how many of you took a consultant’s help?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys, could you please guide me to some good consultants in india?
American ones are too pricey
Target schools - M7/M15
Applied to 5 schools this cycle in R2 but got denied/waitlisted.
Want to take a shot at other 6-7 of M15s in R1 of the next cycle.
Any help is greatly appreciated
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ashutoshbirla wrote:
“While we do require a completed interview for admission, it is possible that you would be invited to interview later in this round or in a following round” This sentence indicates waitlist right? Also, I have another question. Can I submit an additional LOR; if so, with an email?

Not entirely. I also got the same email for interview decision but was rejected during the admit decision
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
zeus_bull wrote:
Hey guys, could you please guide me to some good consultants in india? American ones are too pricey Target schools - M7/M15 Applied to 5 schools this cycle in R2 but got denied/waitlisted. Want to take a shot at other 6-7 of M15s in R1 of the next cycle. Any help is greatly appreciated

Don’t take any consultant man, it’s better to do it by yourself. I can tell you some names and share contact if you still want to
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PS I can help you for free as well, I have been there and want to help out folks who are struggling or still in the process
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks for offering to help mate! Dming you
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R3 invites are gonna be out when?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any one with a GRE score?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Could anyone from the MMS share the slack group link?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am in the waitlist for round 2. Does visiting the campus give any edge?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I live in Vancouver area so I can visit but I am worried about spending money. Just want if there is any benefit?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gillanmol740 wrote:
I live in Vancouver area so I can visit but I am worried about spending money. Just want if there is any benefit?

It will not get you off the waitlist but when there is an open spot, it would potentially give you a slight advantage there as a more committed candidate so in someway it would improve your chances I guess but in a very minor way.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
something worth mentioning, when schools fill out their waitlist open swats, it’s Dunn based on specific candidates and profiles and demographics they are looking for so for example if they have a bunch of military folks already and you are military, you will not get picked even if you go to campus and move and live there will you retake the GMAT and so on so forth because the class is already full of that specific demographic and they want to keep the class diverse which is why some people move off the list and others stay there forever 😢
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
bb wrote:
something worth mentioning, when schools fill out their waitlist open swats, it’s Dunn based on specific candidates and profiles and demographics they are looking for so for example if they have a bunch of military folks already and you are military, you will not get picked even if you go to campus and move and live there will you retake the GMAT and so on so forth because the class is already full of that specific demographic and they want to keep the class diverse which is why some people move off the list and others stay there forever 😢

I have a merchant navy background+ startups in India+ internal consulting role in Canada with a GMAT 740. I have been rejected at Ross, Cornell and Tuck - something about my profile which they don’t like that is why I am a bit pessimestic about visiting.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
But yes it is something about taking a set of people from various domains. So there is no plain vanilla ans.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gillanmol740 wrote:
I have a merchant navy background+ startups in India+ internal consulting role in Canada with a GMAT 740. I have been rejected at Ross, Cornell and Tuck - something about my profile which they don’t like that is why I am a bit pessimestic about visiting.

I completely understand about visiting especially in an awkward position on a waitlist. Frankly, you can probably achieve a similar effect by continuing to supply updates and telling them that Fuqua is your first choice and you will take admission if you are offered and you will attend. at the same time, if you have no other options and you need to go to school, and you don’t want to have regrets later that you could’ve done something and you didn’t, you may throw money at just so you don’t have regrets or doubts down the road.

PS. What sounds like a great background to me but schools may also see a lot of activity so you may want to make your résumé more focused and your post MBA goal as safe as possible or as logical as possible I should say.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
bb wrote:
I completely understand about visiting especially in an awkward position on a waitlist. Frankly, you can probably achieve a similar effect by continuing to supply updates and telling them that Fuqua is your first choice and you will take admission if you are offered and you will attend. at the same time, if you have no other options and you need to go to school, and you don’t want to have regrets later that you could’ve done something and you didn’t, you may throw money at just so you don’t have regrets or doubts down the road. PS. What sounds like a great background to me but schools may also see a lot of activity so you may want to make your résumé more focused and your post MBA goal as safe as possible or as logical as possible I should say.

thnx. Appreciate.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Quick question: for the interview, should I send the link or should I wait for them to send it?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PrivateDewey wrote:
Quick question: for the interview, should I send the link or should I wait for them to send it?

The interviewer usually sends
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PrivateDewey wrote:

Once I received an email about who my interviewer was..I emailed him and then he asked me to schedule a meeting on the date&time that worked for the both of us. So, I guess it just depends on your interaction.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
so the next decision date is Apr 5?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Everyone,

What are the chances of getting a full ride if you’re coming off a waitlist at Fuqua is R3?

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vicbajo wrote:
Hi Everyone, What are the chances of getting a full ride if you’re coming off a waitlist at Fuqua is R3? Posted from my mobile device

Sorry to be a pessimist but probably close to 0%
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have seen individuals come off a WL (across T15) with $ - very seldomly $$
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
but with 75%-100% scholarship - have never seen
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
vicbajo wrote:
Hi Everyone, What are the chances of getting a full ride if you’re coming off a waitlist at Fuqua is R3? Posted from my mobile device

Sorry to be a pessimist but probably close to 0%

I have seen individuals come off a WL (across T15) with $ - very seldomly $$

but with 75%-100% scholarship - have never seen

Many thanks for your response.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can anyone share the slack link for the accepted students?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hyunji wrote:
Can anyone share the slack link for the accepted students?

+1
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vicbajo wrote:

Chances are very low but it can happen. I know 2 people who applied in round 1 and got off waitlist in round 3 with a 100K scholarship. All I will say that even though there are chances, you should not rely on it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Will AdCom send update to WL candidates on r3 decision release date (april 5)?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RMFFUZ wrote:
Will AdCom send update to WL candidates on r3 decision release date (april 5)?

maybe a few but not many
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have known people receive admits as late as July
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anybody know what to expect for R3 admission decision communication tomorrow? Do they call through the day, and when does the portal update?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
qcnr wrote:
Anybody know what to expect for R3 admission decision communication tomorrow? Do they call through the day, and when does the portal update?

Are you a R3 applicant? Last round it started around 7:30 am EST.
There should hardly be any WL movement though an adcom told me considering it’s been hardly 20 days since R2
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Creed2232 wrote:
Are you a R3 applicant? Last round it started around 7:30 am EST. There should hardly be any WL movement though an adcom told me considering it’s been hardly 20 days since R2

But i think onthe WL webinar they have said something like a final decision will be expected on April 5th…
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Creed2232 wrote:
Are you a R3 applicant? Last round it started around 7:30 am EST. There should hardly be any WL movement though an adcom told me considering it’s been hardly 20 days since R2

Yes, I was a R3 applicant. Interviewed a couple of weeks ago.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
On ClearAdmit someone got off the waitlist
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
by what time should one expect the portal to be updated?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think it’s normally around 3 pm est
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Anyone from R3 got a call?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
qcnr wrote:
Yes, I was a R3 applicant. Interviewed a couple of weeks ago.

Did you apply on the deadline day for R3 or before? Want to understand if interview invites are rolling
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got a portal update with waitlist decision. Likely to deny position on waitlist as I already have 6 other strong offers to T10 and M7, most with generous merit aid.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
qcnr wrote:
Got a portal update with waitlist decision. Likely to deny position on waitlist as I already have 6 other strong offers to T10 and M7, most with generous merit aid.

betting on people like you who choose some other schools....I will then, maybe, get an opportunity to get in. Anyways - All the best.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gillanmol740 wrote:
betting on people like you who choose some other schools....I will then, maybe, get an opportunity to get in. Anyways - All the best.

😂
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone planning to visit fuqua? I am going on 21st April and will be in campus on 22nd.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gillanmol740 wrote:

That didn’t sound very friendly lol Think we are all just people trying to get into a good school, with a decent scholarship, in order to get a better job in the future with the smaller possible debt... It’s completely normal to get different offers and to factor a lot of things in the decision
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Jezrien wrote:
That didn’t sound very friendly lol Think we are all just people trying to get into a good school, with a decent scholarship, in order to get a better job in the future with the smaller possible debt... It’s completely normal to get different offers and to factor a lot of things in the decision

That was not meant to offend anyone. That is a simple statement of what I expect - people who have better offers to leave spots so that I could get a chance. I ended the statement with - All the best.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone on the waitlist got a reject mail?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PSP92 wrote:
Anyone on the waitlist got a reject mail?

Got an update: i still remain in the WL 😔
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
qcnr wrote:

This is the worst thing with Fuqua. They waitlist good candidates just to increase their yield and this helps them increase their rankings. I wonder if they don’t do this, what their real rank really is? How far will they fall?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, if you guys need help negotiating scholarships, feel free to DM!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, if you guys need help negotiating scholarships, feel free to DM!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Benbadi wrote:
Got an update: i still remain in the WL 😔

same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
CakeBoss17 wrote:
same

same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys would you recommend writing to the ad-com to get a personalized feedback of why a profile was dinged ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone attending Duke event at New Delhi today?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey Guys, any idea about when we could expect a feedback for the WL?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin