Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:54 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [3]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Send PM
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 122
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.52
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
197369 wrote:
Pls share the updated link , site not found error is showing Posted from my mobile device

https://www.iima.ac.in/academics/MBA-PGPX/admission
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
IIM A has unveiled the calendar for its forthcoming webinars scheduled for the current admissions cycle. The series commences with the "One Year MBA Program Overview & Admissions Process" webinar, which is slated to take place on the 30th of June. There are several other interesting webinars that will follow. Highly recommend that interested applicants register. All the registration links to IIM A webinars are given on the official link - https://www.iima.ac.in/academics/MBA-PGPX

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you MBAGuide
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Hi.. I am an alumna of the PGPX program - happy to clarify any doubts anyone has
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
Hi I have couple of questions regarding admission,
1. Don’t we have to submit LORs at all for IIM A? I mean, at any stages? Was the process same before?
2. Are interview shortlist made solely on our application (without essays) i.e past academics, GMAT and experience?
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi,

1. IIMA will not require LORs. They will ask for details of references ( no Lor) - This was the process previously as well, we don't think it has changed yet.
2. The sequence for application IIMA PGPX process is -

Submit online application ( This briefly discusses some things that are required - IIMA Application walkthrough )

Shortlisted applicants submit essays (Sept 12- 14, 2023) + 1 page resume -> Interview appointment

All the best!

vineeth2612 wrote:
Hi I have couple of questions regarding admission,
1. Don’t we have to submit LORs at all for IIM A? I mean, at any stages? Was the process same before?
2. Are interview shortlist made solely on our application (without essays) i.e past academics, GMAT and experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
Thanks you :thumbsup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Are there any guidelines on what to upload in the “relevant documents” of different sections?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Send PM
If I apply with a GMAT score of 650
And say,if I retook it and got a better score, will IIM A consider the updated GMAT score after my submission of application?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
avikalagarwal wrote:
Are there any guidelines on what to upload in the “relevant documents” of different sections?

In case of your work experience section - you can add your payslips, Relieving letter, experience letter etc. The intent is to show that you have actually worked in particular company or companies

In case of achievements, you can add your certificates or any other documents to bring some kind of legitimacy to what you are writing. You will find that the "upload relevant document" in the section "Achievements" is not mandatory. Hence you don't need to worry if you don't have any such document.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
rahularora863 wrote:
If I apply with a GMAT score of 650 And say,if I retook it and got a better score, will IIM A consider the updated GMAT score after my submission of application? Posted from my mobile device

Since IIM A PGPEX allows applicants to apply in multiple rounds for the same application year, they will most likely reject you and expect that you reapply in the subsequent round with the "higher" GMAT score. Couple of people we worked with last to last year did this and received eventual success
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Send PM
Are we certain that IIMA will allow applicants to reapply in later rounds if they get rejected in the initial rounds?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile :
10th : 10 CGPA
12th : 93 %
Btech : mechanical engg in 2017 , 8.5CGPA
Gmat : Yet to take ( currently ranging in 650-660)
work exp :
6 yrs in maintenance domain n supply chain domain at leading steel industry with 01 career progression
First female officer in the maintenance domain of the plant
First hand experience in establishment of newer plants during the expansion phase

Extra curricular : organised an one-day cultural official event of 500+ employees in the office
EMCEE for many official events
Conducted several live shows for teaching painting and sketching at Instagram in collaboration with Faber Castle

Hobbies :
Classically trained singer and Kathak dancer

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
197369 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile : 10th : 10 CGPA 12th : 93 % Btech : mechanical engg in 2017 , 8.5CGPA Gmat : Yet to take ( currently ranging in 650-660) work exp : 6 yrs in maintenance domain n supply chain domain at leading steel industry with 01 career progression First female officer in the maintenance domain of the plant First hand experience in establishment of newer plants during the expansion phase Extra curricular : organised an one-day cultural official event of 500+ employees in the office EMCEE for many official events Conducted several live shows for teaching painting and sketching at Instagram in collaboration with Faber Castle Hobbies : Classically trained singer and Kathak dancer Posted from my mobile device

(Since you have used the word ’officer’, we are assuming you are from PSU, if not please ignore this answer)

Your academics are strong. The extra curricular are really nice and being a trained signer and Kathak Dancer adds to your profile. Being a female working in maintenance part of steel industry is also commendable and your work experience will be valued.

For IIMA though, you need to target a GMAT in 700s. That will help you to position yourself a little better in this competition. Profile wise, you must rest assured, just concentrate on getting a better GMAT for now.

Thanks
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
197369 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile :
10th : 10 CGPA
12th : 93 %
Btech : mechanical engg in 2017 , 8.5CGPA
Gmat : Yet to take ( currently ranging in 650-660)
work exp :
6 yrs in maintenance domain n supply chain domain at leading steel industry with 01 career progression
First female officer in the maintenance domain of the plant
First hand experience in establishment of newer plants during the expansion phase

Extra curricular : organised an one-day cultural official event of 500+ employees in the office
EMCEE for many official events
Conducted several live shows for teaching painting and sketching at Instagram in collaboration with Faber Castle

Hobbies :
Classically trained singer and Kathak dancer

197369 hope this finds you well

Your profile is impressive and resonates with me on a personal level. As a woman who has also worked in a production environment, I understand the challenges and learnings that come with developing industrialization plans, creating design specifications, testing prototypes, troubleshooting process problems, and collaborating with teams at all levels to ensure successful launches. Your diverse skill set and experience reflect your dedication and ability to excel in your field.

For your applications, I advise you to construct a strong narrative that showcases your career progression resulting from hard work and perseverance. 6 years in a professional setting is a substantial duration, so present a variety of examples highlighting leadership, empathy, diversity initiatives, teamwork, and other relevant aspects of your profile.

Utilize anecdotes from your professional life to demonstrate your leadership skills. Showcase how you motivated teams on the shop floors, expedited projects, achieved desired outcomes, resolved conflicts with persuasive abilities, influenced management decisions through keen observations and insights, and generated value for your team and organization as a whole. Highlight your bias for action and conscientious decision-making capabilities.

Your ECs are alright. But I suggest that you think deeper and analyze whether you have missed considering any mundane/ unobvious/ subtle initiatives you may have taken through the years ( travel, learning a new language, certain diversity initiatives at work, for example, raising your voice against gender discrimination, voicing strong opinions for diversity in the workforce, providing financial or moral support to someone in need, teaching the underprivileged kids, organizing diversity talks or off-site activities for better collaboration among teams, and so on). In my experience, I have seen that applicant struggle to recall in the early stages of application how they contributed toward the betterment of their community. It could take a little introspection to unravel it all.

Typically Supply Chain and Operations leadership tracks are the most suitable goals for people from backgrounds like yours. Just so you know, if you get into the right school, MBBs actively seek individuals with strong Ops experience for management consulting roles in the Ops & Strategy Consulting practices. Other roles that you may want to explore are Supply Chain Analytics, Product or Network Planning and Strategy, or Corporate Finance (if you like finance) at small to medium-sized startups. Please feel free to reach out to me to learn more about these options as this is also my area of specialization.

I have worked extensively with applicants from operations backgrounds and have spent nearly a decade in the industry myself. I would be happy to connect and gladly share my insights and advice.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi all, kindly evaluate my profile and suggest tentative GMAT score :

10th : 90.33% (Rajasthan state board)
12th : 91% (CBSE board)
BTech : Electrical engineering in 2018 , 9.2 CGPA (Gold medalist from reputed NIT college)
MTech : Electrical engineering in 2020, 86% (Gold medalist)
GMAT : Yet to take (scored 650 in official practice test #1)
work exp : 5 yrs in core Government R&D institute, my work is focused on Research and development of various new technologies in power electronics sector with 1 promotion
Motive for exec MBA: career domain change from Govt to Corporate and better opportunities
Extra curricular : in the organizing committee of National science day (conducted every year) from past 2 years in the office.
Hobbies : Travelling, movies, Playing cricket

Queries:
1. Will my Govt R&D job affect my application severely? As i don’t have any experience in private/corporate industry?
2. How will my extra curriculars and hobbies fare against rest of the applicants?
3. Are there any certifications which i can opt for to improve my application?
4. Should i target GMAT in August or in October? I think if i take more time, my score can go past 700-720s. If i appear for GMAT in August (for R1), i think my score might fall below 700.
5. How much time to be devoted for application filling and how do i approach it, i am totally new to this thing and don’t have any prior knowledge about the same.
6. I can’t tell at my organization for LOR so i will be sourcing it from a senior (close friend of mine) working in the same organization. Will ISB interviewers take it in negative sense?

Apart from ISB, i am thinking of IIM A, B and C. Can you suggest any other schools?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
walterwhite756 wrote:
Hi all, kindly evaluate my profile and suggest tentative GMAT score :

10th : 90.33% (Rajasthan state board)
12th : 91% (CBSE board)
BTech : Electrical engineering in 2018 , 9.2 CGPA (Gold medalist from reputed NIT college)
MTech : Electrical engineering in 2020, 86% (Gold medalist)
GMAT : Yet to take (scored 650 in official practice test #1)
work exp : 5 yrs in core Government R&D institute, my work is focused on Research and development of various new technologies in power electronics sector with 1 promotion
Motive for exec MBA: career domain change from Govt to Corporate and better opportunities
Extra curricular : in the organizing committee of National science day (conducted every year) from past 2 years in the office.
Hobbies : Travelling, movies, Playing cricket

Queries:
1. Will my Govt R&D job affect my application severely? As i don’t have any experience in private/corporate industry?
2. How will my extra curriculars and hobbies fare against rest of the applicants?
4. Should i target GMAT in August or in October? I think if i take more time, my score can go past 700-720s. If i appear for GMAT in August (for R1), i think my score might fall below 700.
5. How much time to be devoted for application filling and how do i approach it, i am totally new to this thing and don’t have any prior knowledge about the same.
6. I can’t tell at my organization for LOR so i will be sourcing it from a senior (close friend of mine) working in the same organization. Will ISB interviewers take it in negative sense?

Apart from ISB, i am thinking of IIM A, B and C. Can you suggest any other schools?

Hi walterwhite756,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Interesting display name :)

Here are the answers -

About 15% candidates in IIMB, C, I etc are from public sector/govt background. Definitely, your past experience is not negatively impacting. You are equally placed as any one else to get selected.

Your extra curricular and hobbies are just like any other average applicant. Its not making you stand out, and its not bad as well.

Only if you have time. Certifications dont help, especially if you have certifications at the last moment

Thats your personal call, depending on your confidence and preparation.

Approx 1.5 months is the ideal enough time. No doubt, the more time you devote, the better. You can research on internet/GMAT club on how to approach. If nothing helps, please register on our website for a free session.

No one cares, no one knows. Source from wherever you want.

Hope it helped. Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  56   
Moderator:
IIM School Moderator
22 posts