GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 19:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
IIMA, IIMC School Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1370
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
CAT Tests
Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 22:18
8
9
Dear prospective IIM A MBA applicants,

Let us do it together. Welcome to the Class of 2020 discussion :-)

Lets use this platform to ask queries know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process. Let application process begin (yay!)

PGPX Placements - 2019 | Profile Evaluation for PGPX Program | PGPX Info Sessions | PGPX Campus Visit Experience

Attachment:
IIMA.JPG
IIMA.JPG [ 66.29 KiB | Viewed 9384 times ]


Following are the basic criteria for the PGPX Application:

  • Minimum Age of 25 years as on 31st March of the year in which the PGPX programme commences. (E.g. For PGPX 20-21 commencing in April 2020, the candidate should have completed 25 years of age by March 31, 2020, i.e. must be born on or before March 31, 1995.) There is no upper age limit.
  • A valid GMAT/GRE score (GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years form the date to the application deadline date of the round in which candidate is applying. The earliest acceptable GMAT/GRE test date for the two rounds are - Round 1: August 28, 2014 Round 2: October 25, 2014.
  • Minimum 4 years of full time work experience after completion of graduation as on March 31, 2020
To ensure that your scores are sent directly to IIMA, please select "Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad - One Year Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX)"as one of the five programmes to which the GMAT results have to be sent from the menu provided by GMAT before the start of the test.
For more details, please visit
https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/apply

Please use this thread to get your profile evaluated from experts.

For information on Webinars and Information Sessions. Please visit the below link
https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/informa ... d-webinars

For detailed experience on campus visit see this post.
_________________
It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Feeling stressed, you are not alone!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Apr 2019
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 08:22
Thanks for starting this thread. Can't wait to get going with the applications.
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
P
Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 507
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2019, 00:00
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Apr 2019
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 22:50
are you guys also planning to apply this year ? How are you planning to utilize the time from now till the application opens ?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 36
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2019, 05:25
9
3
Hi All, I am a current year student in the PGPX One year full time MBA program at IIM A. Please feel free to post your queries regarding the PGPX Program and the application process and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. Best of Luck..
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Apr 2019
Posts: 9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 00:48
1
1
Thanks for starting this thread.
Can we also start a profile eval thread for class of 2021 so that we know which areas of the profile need attention & how we can start working on them.

Thanks,
IIMA, IIMC School Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1370
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 02:54
Hi Shreya7

Profile evaluation thread is here .
_________________
It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Feeling stressed, you are not alone!!
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 36
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 05:01
all : PGPX Webinars are starting from 9th June onwards. I would recommend all of you to register and attend these online webinars to get an idea about the PGPX program at IIMA and ask your questions. For people who live near the Information Seminar locations you can visit the onsite information seminars in person as well. All the best.
https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/informa ... d-webinars
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 36
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 05:26
4
2
Since I have been receiving some queries regarding Profile evaluation , here are my 2 cents for all.
1)There is no Ideal Profile to target. Each profile is unique.
2)GMAT is not a deal maker or deal breaker. Having said that going by past trends , a GMAT score of 680 and above is generally safe to get an interview call. People have made it with as low as 600-620 as well but the chances decrease as you go towards 600.
2)Be honest in what you write in your application. You have to defend this later in your interview :-)
3)Focus on leadership attributes in your work description section in the application. As you will learn later at IIM A , Leadership is about taking initiatives and has nothing to do with your job designation :-)
4)Use bullet points for your job description
5)Extracurricular activities are not deal breakers. If you do not have anything significant do not worry.
6)Start reading current affairs. You will need it during the extempore in the interview.
7)Think about how you can connect your past experience , MBA learning and post mba goals together
Good Luck !
Director
Director
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 675
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GPA: 3.97
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 08:12
mbapsrti wrote:
Since I have been receiving some queries regarding Profile evaluation , here are my 2 cents for all.
1)There is no Ideal Profile to target. Each profile is unique.
2)GMAT is not a deal maker or deal breaker. Having said that going by past trends , a GMAT score of 680 and above is generally safe to get an interview call. People have made it with as low as 600-620 as well but the chances decrease as you go towards 600.
2)Be honest in what you write in your application. You have to defend this later in your interview :-)
3)Focus on leadership attributes in your work description section in the application. As you will learn later at IIM A , Leadership is about taking initiatives and has nothing to do with your job designation :-)
4)Use bullet points for your job description
5)Extracurricular activities are not deal breakers. If you do not have anything significant do not worry.
6)Start reading current affairs. You will need it during the extempore in the interview.
7)Think about how you can connect your past experience , MBA learning and post mba goals together
Good Luck !


Does PGPX program in IIM asks for current situations?
Is it very similar to the interview for 2 year PGP program.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 36
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2019, 06:15
globaldesi wrote:
mbapsrti wrote:
Since I have been receiving some queries regarding Profile evaluation , here are my 2 cents for all.
1)There is no Ideal Profile to target. Each profile is unique.
2)GMAT is not a deal maker or deal breaker. Having said that going by past trends , a GMAT score of 680 and above is generally safe to get an interview call. People have made it with as low as 600-620 as well but the chances decrease as you go towards 600.
2)Be honest in what you write in your application. You have to defend this later in your interview :-)
3)Focus on leadership attributes in your work description section in the application. As you will learn later at IIM A , Leadership is about taking initiatives and has nothing to do with your job designation :-)
4)Use bullet points for your job description
5)Extracurricular activities are not deal breakers. If you do not have anything significant do not worry.
6)Start reading current affairs. You will need it during the extempore in the interview.
7)Think about how you can connect your past experience , MBA learning and post mba goals together
Good Luck !


Does PGPX program in IIM asks for current situations?
Is it very similar to the interview for 2 year PGP program.


No they generally do not ask direct current affair questions. The extempore topics will be more abstract e.g. "Industrialization at the cost of human rights , discuss".
Once you take a stance and start speaking on this topic , you might need some current affair scenario on this line to substantiate your claim Or the professor will pick something to cross question you. So being a little bit aware of what is going around helps.
PGP Interview is different. There is no GD in PGPX interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 403
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 May 2019, 22:37
1
Dear all,

The IIMA PGPX deadlines are now out. The Stage I application opens on May 27 2019. Please note that in case of the IIMA PGPX Essays submission is for shortlisted applicants only.

You can find more details here:

http://www.apphelp.co.in/IIM-A-PGPX-Essay-Tips-Deadlines.htm

Feel free to reach out to us for a detailed discussion.
_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in

Originally posted by Apphelp on 20 May 2019, 01:37.
Last edited by Apphelp on 24 May 2019, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
ISB School Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 619
Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2019, 16:53
Received an email yesterday from the team, sharing important links with the community-
1. All webinars/meetings: https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/informa ... d-webinars
2. Program Information: https://www.iima.ac.in/pgpx
3. Reflection of an alum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfvvMZyrZHs&t=14s
ISB School Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 619
Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2019, 22:39
Dears,
Just in; IIM-A PGPX application for the upcoming academic year is live!

Portal: https://pgpx.iima.ac.in/round1/register.html
Deadline: 27th August 2019


Message from the Admission Team:

Please feel free to email your queries at pgpxquery@iima.ac.in or call us at +91-79-6632-7962/4449/50. We will be happy to guide you through the entire application process.



Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 147.79 KiB | Viewed 8357 times ]
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 23:32
Does IIM need recommendtion at this stage of application or is it only after shortlisting
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 36
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2019, 11:24
vidur wrote:
Does IIM need recommendtion at this stage of application or is it only after shortlisting


A does not ask for recommendation letters.
They only ask for names of 3 references at a later stage whom they might contact if required.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2019, 20:41
mbapsrti wrote:
vidur wrote:
Does IIM need recommendtion at this stage of application or is it only after shortlisting


A does not ask for recommendation letters.
They only ask for names of 3 references at a later stage whom they might contact if required.


Thank You mbapsrti for the information
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Dec 2018
Posts: 114
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2019, 21:01
I am yet to appear for my GMAT. Considering the first round, Latest by when should I schedule my GMAT?
Candidates who failed to get in round 1, can they re apply in round 2 ?
I have 8.5 years of experience in IT domain of a Government Bank, is it good enough ?

Posted from my mobile device
ISB School Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 619
Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 06:35
1
mohitranjan05 wrote:
Candidates who failed to get in round 1, can they re apply in round 2 ?


Posted from my mobile device

No.
ISB School Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 619
Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 06:36
#Attention

[Webinar] IIMA PGPX Programme Overview & Admission Process- 9th June 11:00 a.m. IST.
Register here: https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/informa ... d-webinars
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 154.72 KiB | Viewed 8056 times ]
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2019, 06:36

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 211 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne