Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1728 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '18 (D)
GPA: 3.97
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021) [#permalink]
PriyankaPalit7 wrote:
Are skype interviews conducted for applicants who are out of India for work on the interview dates?

Yes this is possible in case you are outside India at the time of interview.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021) [#permalink]
Kudos
Rahulss wrote:
Hi all,
Do IIM A,B,C have a cut off GMAT score for admissions...Like minimum GMAT score below which they will not consider for admit even if have previously called for interview. Or a diverse profile can compensate for GMAT score???

Many thanks in advance..

It varies from IIM to IIM. B has a greater focus on gmat scores. So unless u have a really unique profile u should Target a 700+ gmat score for getting B interview shortlist.

A and C on the other hand are more liberal in terms of interview shortlist and 680+ is a safe bet to get an interview call. If you have a unique profile you will get a call with a score above 600 as well.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all
I haven't completed my 4 years of work experience as on 31 March'2020 after completing my graduation but I had worked in startup for some months in college
which will complete minimum requirement of work ex required to apply
will they consider my work ex in startup?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
ankita1908 wrote:
Hi all
I haven't completed my 4 years of work experience as on 31 March'2020 after completing my graduation but I had worked in startup for some months in college
which will complete minimum requirement of work ex required to apply
will they consider my work ex in startup?

Hi Ankita,

The pgpx website says :

Minimum 4 years of full time work experience after completion of graduation as on March 31,2020.

So ur exp during college will not unfortunately not count.

But u can drop an email to the pgpx office to double check
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [1]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
#Webinar Alert

Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 0728582411
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 204.62 KiB | Viewed 4640 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

I am a current student of PGPX. I had written an article answering few frequently asked questions.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/journey- ... ublished=t

Feel free to raise any more questions that you have.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [2]
Send PM
Kudos

Key Takeaways, Webinar on IIMA's case based pedagogy.

16th June '19.

Organizer: Mr. Jatin Nagori.

Students

Pranshul Aggarwal shares PGPX experience.
1. Cross functional collaboration.
2. A case from any industry and the class starts with discussion. It's basically a problem that needs to be solved. It helps develop business intuition. So, step into the shoes of different functional people. Cases ranging from 80s till now. Cases are from almost all the industry. It helps to communicate with a finance or a marketing guy. It helps you to become more efficient.

Sankalp Mohan Jawas
1. Starts with case pre-read, 30-40 pages (Step 1). Discuss insights with the group. (Step 2). Enter the class, engage with the professor and diversified group (Step 3).
2. Student- Learn. <Outside class>. IIM A- Helps with the application. <In class>

Alumni Speaks-

Chandreyee Bhattacharyya (PGPX 2016) -
1. PGPX gives exposure to all business functional.
2. During class discussion, the student is able to relate.
3. Helps interact with different departments.
4. Helps interacting with people from diverse industries.
5. The idea is to comprehend and relate.

Abhishek Kar (PGPX 2018) -
1. After pre-read the idea is to think through all the business decisions, dilemma etc.
2. Helps develop perspectives, professors helps with frameworks and structures.

Faculty Speaks-

Professor Saral Mukherjee-
1. Why case based required? Why not lecture? Because this method is application oriented.
2. Knowledge comes from pre-reading, in-class discussion helps with application of knowledge to take business decision.
3. Case method is best for multiple dimension context problem, messy, uncertain, and full of contradictions and real-life business scenarios with multiple outcomes. The diverse class makes it interesting. Also students explore their vulnerabilities and conflicts.
4. PGPX is for students aspiring to be CEOs, integrators of business functionalities, master inter functional linkages. It is a general management course.
5. Case method helps students to take decisions in a sand box (trial and error in a safe environment). Hence develop a structured decision making process. (Beautiful example of a potter).
6. Sometimes faculties leverage lecture method to drive learning agenda.
7. Development (managers->society) through the application of knowledge (Managerial context). <Reflection>
8. PGPX for functional leaders to develop into general managers by filling gaps. Strong learning agenda.
9. Diversity in experiences and decision making scenarios.
10. Case method is not linear. All problems are real-life, not cooked up. Assignments and exams can be case based.

Message from Admission Team:
Facebook: <https://www.facebook.com/PGPXATIIMA/>
LinkedIn: <https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/pgpxiima/>
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/PGPX_IIMA>
Instagram: <https://www.instagram.com/pgpxiima/>
YouTube: <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwmvTtRaPNu7diwAypydrpQ>

I've uploaded a scribble version, will refine it over the period of time. Kindly message me if I've missed anything, cheers.

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 121.1 KiB | Viewed 4529 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi All,

I have just started preparing for GMAT. Although i will try and attempt GMAT before the first round online application date, if i can not make it, is it a disadvantage if we apply in R2 ?
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
sachin1114GMCKS wrote:
Hi All,

I have just started preparing for GMAT. Although i will try and attempt GMAT before the first round online application date, if i can not make it, is it a disadvantage if we apply in R2 ?

There is no disadvantage as such by applying in R2.
If given a choice, personally I would apply in R1 because a) It is a signal to A that I am very serious abt them and have prepared well in advance for them b) I don't want to risk landing in a possible situation where more seats get offered in R1 and there is more fierce competition in R2 for fewer seats.
Having said all this if you don't get a good score in R1 , wait for R2 and come back with a better score.
Good Luck.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Did anyone attend on-campus information seminar yesterday ? Any notes/highlights that you may want to share ?
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [0]
Send PM
#Webinar Alert

Register HERE

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 198.74 KiB | Viewed 4315 times ]

Click HERE
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
LeoN88

I'm unable to join. Is there any issue ?
Attachments

Error.JPG
Error.JPG [ 45.99 KiB | Viewed 4217 times ]

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [0]
Send PM
NandishSS wrote:
LeoN88

I'm unable to join. Is there any issue ?

Even I didn't join this webinar due to personal commitment. Let's see if someone posts a debrief.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Anyone planning to attend information seminar at Mumbai/Pune this weekend ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
PriyankaPalit7 wrote:
Are skype interviews conducted for applicants who are out of India for work on the interview dates?

Hi PriyankaPalit7,

Last year IIM A also conducted an interview round in the US. If they plan the same this year it could be either Skype or Face to Face interviews in US. I am not sure which location are you from, but yes Skype interviews are conducted.

rgds,
Shree

Please Kudos +1 if you found this useful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Send PM
Please help me with the following queries:

1. Since the deadline is 27th August'19, does the admission committee start evaluating the applications after the deadline or in between? (i.e. does it make a difference if I submit my app on either one of the dates - 15th July or 15th August?)

2. Does the section 'Name of the person you reported to' asking for contact details used in place of referrals? <I was hoping to keep my plans from my manager>

3. What should be uploaded against the option for 'GMAT Scoresheet'? Is it the official score report by Pearson?

4. By when should one send the GMAT scores via Pearson to the school?

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Hi Mohit,

You have mentioned very limited information on your experience to answer if you are at par with fellow applicants. One quick thing that you should do is go through the website, look at the class average and judge on where you stand. Also start planning on how you can stand out from the crowd through your application.
You cannot reapply in R2, if you have applied in R1.
Scheduling your GMAT is purely your call. If you can simultaneously work on your application, you can schedule it for a later date, else do it at the earliest and give yourself enough time to work on the application. It also depends on how prepared you are for the 4 hr GMAT exam.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

mohitranjan05 wrote:
I am yet to appear for my GMAT. Considering the first round, Latest by when should I schedule my GMAT?
Candidates who failed to get in round 1, can they re apply in round 2 ?
I have 8.5 years of experience in IT domain of a Government Bank, is it good enough ?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts