GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 14:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: IIMB
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 21:35
Hi Mohit,

You have mentioned very limited information on your experience to answer if you are at par with fellow applicants. One quick thing that you should do is go through the website, look at the class average and judge on where you stand. Also start planning on how you can stand out from the crowd through your application.
You cannot reapply in R2, if you have applied in R1.
Scheduling your GMAT is purely your call. If you can simultaneously work on your application, you can schedule it for a later date, else do it at the earliest and give yourself enough time to work on the application. It also depends on how prepared you are for the 4 hr GMAT exam.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

mohitranjan05 wrote:
I am yet to appear for my GMAT. Considering the first round, Latest by when should I schedule my GMAT?
Candidates who failed to get in round 1, can they re apply in round 2 ?
I have 8.5 years of experience in IT domain of a Government Bank, is it good enough ?

Posted from my mobile device

B
Schools: IIMB
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 21:42
Hi,

Most of your questions have been answered in the IIM B thread and the answers remain same even for IIM A. For question 2)
IIM A will contact that person (here, your manager) at a later date if necessary. IIM A does not ask for referrals and will also not contact your manager now/during the application process

Regards,
Tridisha

SpiritualYoda wrote:
Please help me with the following queries:

1. Since the deadline is 27th August'19, does the admission committee start evaluating the applications after the deadline or in between? (i.e. does it make a difference if I submit my app on either one of the dates - 15th July or 15th August?)

2. Does the section 'Name of the person you reported to' asking for contact details used in place of referrals? <I was hoping to keep my plans from my manager>

3. What should be uploaded against the option for 'GMAT Scoresheet'? Is it the official score report by Pearson?

4. By when should one send the GMAT scores via Pearson to the school?

Thanks.

B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 02:23
mbapsrti wrote:
Hi All, I am a current year student in the PGPX One year full time MBA program at IIM A. Please feel free to post your queries regarding the PGPX Program and the application process and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. Best of Luck..

Hi Want to know if you have anyone in your batch with more than 16 years experience. I have 16 years experience which will become 17 if I target 2020

Said Oxford School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 07:26
Hi all,

Planning to apply in R1 this year. My profile information is in the link below

https://gmatclub.com/forum/hi-please-ev ... l#p2319772

Looking to get in touch with current alumni to discuss about the program.

Regards,
Murty.

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2019, 03:27
amarsinha wrote:
mbapsrti wrote:
Hi All, I am a current year student in the PGPX One year full time MBA program at IIM A. Please feel free to post your queries regarding the PGPX Program and the application process and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. Best of Luck..

Hi Want to know if you have anyone in your batch with more than 16 years experience. I have 16 years experience which will become 17 if I target 2020

Yes we do have every year a couple of people in that work experience range. However you have to be very clear about the why MBA question and convince the Profs in the interview to get an admit.
Said Oxford School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2019, 03:33
mbapsrti wrote:
amarsinha wrote:
mbapsrti wrote:

Yes we do have every year a couple of people in that work experience range. However you have to be very clear about the why MBA question and convince the Profs in the interview to get an admit.

Hi,

Just wished to check what kind of roles are offered for people aiming to get into Fintech and the companies that recruit in this area?

Regards,
Murty.

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 09:46
Hi,

Just wished to check what kind of roles are offered for people aiming to get into Fintech and the companies that recruit in this area?

Regards,
Murty.[/quote]

We have a fairly good number of fintech companies visiting campus and offering a variety of roles. Linkedin profiles of past couple of batches will give you a good idea. I cannot get into more details due to non disclosure policy but will be happy to share in depth details to the admits at a later point of time.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.32
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 22:11
Hello all, Glad to see activity already started for the IIMA PGPX 2021 class admit.
I am an alum from the 2016~17 batch and quite active across the forums like GMATClub, PagalGuy and you might also see me in the information seminars in Bengaluru. Please do reach out here or elsewhere in case of any clarifications.
My id is x16aniruddha@iima.ac.in.
Please note: Profile evaluations are generally a waste of time, dont bother asking anyone to evaluate your profile.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Research (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2019, 22:48
Hi all,

Glad to see the thread. It ringed nostalgia bells. I was on the other side of the table last year. I applied to IIM A/B/C last year and got through them.

I am currently pursuing PGPX in IIM-A. A few of you have interacted with me during various webinars organized by the college.

I will be happy to help you all during the admission process so please feel free to reach out. And as our senior aniruddhams mentioned, profile evaluation is a time waste since everyone is unique and every year has a different batch composition.

Let's get started.

Thanks.
IIMA, IIMC School Moderator
V
WE: Engineering (Other)
CAT Tests
Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 03:27

This chat is postponed because of unavoidable circumstances, Watch the space for updates

Saturday, August 17: Live Chat with IIM Ahmedabad Current Student

Hi Guys, This Saturday we have a live chat with current alumni - Shreya Jha, at 7pm Indian time (6:30am Pacific time, 2:30pm British time) in our chat room. Shreya is currently matriculating at IIM Ahmedabad. We hope all of you will participate in this chat. It's an excellent opportunity to ask your questions about IIM A, its application process, the college/campus life and anything else that will help you make a strong case for admission this year.

Date and Time:

August 17, 2019 | Saturday | 7:00 PM IST (2:30 PM BST)

Place:

Main Chat Room

Feeling stressed, you are not alone!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 04:19
mbapsrti
I've read on the institute's website that the average work-ex for PGPX students is around 10 years. I'll have a work ex of almost 5 years by March 2020. Do I stand to lose points because of my low work-ex?

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 14:22
ssonesh wrote:
mbapsrti
I've read on the institute's website that the average work-ex for PGPX students is around 10 years. I'll have a work ex of almost 5 years by March 2020. Do I stand to lose points because of my low work-ex?

The average work ex of our current batch is 8 years and 9 months. The youngest person has around 4.5 years work ex. There is a uniform mix of low , medium and high work ex people. So do not worry, you will not loose any points. There will be representation from each work experience category. All you need to do is outshine your peer group of low work ex people during the selection process.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 14:27
Our placement report for 2019 has been published and can be found here.
https://web.iima.ac.in/iprs/download.php

Click the link above and go to IIM ahmedabad -- > 2019 -- > pgpx final

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 22:21
PGPX Placements in a nutshell

• Class Size: 137
  • # of Students seeking placements: 117
  • # of Students received offers: 114 (97%)
  • Domestic Placements: 113; International Placements: 1
  • Largest recruting industry: IT (47 recruitments)
  • Avg Salary: Rs 23,91,997 (Per Annum) [Avg Salary offered at nearest compititor school (ISB): Rs 24,35,915]
  • Avg Signing Bonus: Rs 2,82,893

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 06:26
Narenn wrote:
PGPX Placements in a nutshell

• Class Size: 137
  • # of Students seeking placements: 117
  • # of Students received offers: 114 (97%)
  • Domestic Placements: 113; International Placements: 1
  • Largest recruting industry: IT (47 recruitments)
  • Avg Salary: Rs 23,91,997 (Per Annum) [Avg Salary offered at nearest compititor school (ISB): Rs 24,35,915]
  • Avg Signing Bonus: Rs 2,82,893

This is old data from 2018. The numbers have changed in 2019. Please refer to my post above for current numbers of 2019

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 11:06
mbapsrti wrote:
This is old data from 2018. The numbers have changed in 2019. Please refer to my post above for current numbers of 2019

Yes, I took those numbers from the same report which you referred to in your post. https://screencast.com/t/I7IwuqJZ98

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 14:12
Narenn wrote:
mbapsrti wrote:

Yes, I took those numbers from the same report which you referred to in your post. https://screencast.com/t/I7IwuqJZ98

Yes you are correct :-)
I had mixed up the years.
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 21:23
mbapsrti wrote:
Yes you are correct :-)
I had mixed up the years.

That's fine. Thanks for all the contribution you are making in this thread. I appreciate it much! It's always pleasant to have current students visiting the application discussion threads and guiding applicants. :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 05:25
Hi Guys , do we have watsapp group to connect IIM A,B,C applicants for this year.?? If yes, please share link or i can send my number to get added.
Thanks
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 07:20
Rahulss wrote:
Hi Guys , do we have watsapp group to connect IIM A,B,C applicants for this year.?? If yes, please share link or i can send my number to get added.
Thanks

Rahulss

I am not aware of any WhatsApp group but we are organizing a lot of IIM chat sessions with current students. You have a great chance to meet some of the fellow applicants in those chats.

Check the following links and sign up for those chats

https://gmatclub.com/forum/aug-17-live- ... 02139.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/aug-15-live- ... 02138.html
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2019, 07:20

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 209 posts ] 

Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status