Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
vikmuscat17 wrote:
Hi,

Plz advise if I stand any chance for IIM C PGPX with below profile :

B Tech: NIT Jalandhar, 73%
GMAT: 630
15 years of work ex (4 years in India & 11 years in Gulf) in sales and marketing in developing modern retail formats for auto and consumer durable industry

What is the minimum GMAT score required for IIMC with my profile

Hi vikmuscat17

Your GMAT score is too low, and your experience is on the higher side for the IIMC PGPEX. Would suggest you raise the score by at least 50 points, and look at the IIMA PGPX as an option instead.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
vikmuscat17 wrote:
Hi,

Plz advise if I stand any chance for IIM C PGPX with below profile :

B Tech: NIT Jalandhar, 73%
GMAT: 630
15 years of work ex (4 years in India & 11 years in Gulf) in sales and marketing in developing modern retail formats for auto and consumer durable industry

What is the minimum GMAT score required for IIMC with my profile

Hi,
Your GMAT score is low for IIMC. You need to improve your GMAT score by 50 to 60 points. The average GMAT score for IIM C is around 700.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
IT Project manager with PMP and ITIL Certifications. 11+ years of work experience with 6+ years of experience in USA. Currently in USA.
Founded Charitable foundation and planning to start education institutes in rural area in India. Participated and hosted many desi events in USA.
Volunteere for multiple reading event in US elementary schools.

Engineering graduate - 70%
HSC - 85%
SSC - 84%

GMAT - 640 :(

Please evaluate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [1]
Given Kudos: 209
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Sir, I have nothing but respect for generous and noble people like you.
Quote:
Founded Charitable foundation and planning to start education institutes in rural India.
All the very best for the endeavors!

chetanpandit13 wrote:
IT Project manager with PMP and ITIL Certifications. 11+ years of work experience with 6+ years of experience in USA. Currently in USA.
Founded Charitable foundation and planning to start education institutes in rural area in India. Participated and hosted many desi events in USA.

HSC - 85%
SSC - 84%

Please evaluate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi

I belong to the Indian IT male category. I took my GMAT in may 2016 and scored 690(V40,Q44). This was my 3rd and best attempt at GMAT.

My profile is as follows:
1) Total work experience of 5 years with a product based Japanese company in Bangalore as Senior Software Engineer. Got 3 promotions in 5 years.
2) Got 9 months of international experience as I worked onsite in Japan. I worked in strategy based role in Japan and my work was to negotiate with Japanese clients on release dates of my product and features to be accomodated. I also used to work on risk management . I also had to negotiate with Australian clients for coordination. Also, I got my first official managerial experience during my stay in Japan as I had to manage my offshore team of 13 members and check the progress of work. I also had to coordinate between onsite and offshore members.
3) Studied in top 25 engineering colleges in India and got GPA 7.5
4) Got 86% in 10th standard and 84% in 12th standard

Extra curriculars:
1) Played cricket tournaments for company.
2) I made a lot of contributions in Japan by promoting game of cricket. I used to represent Shizouka prefecture(Tokai area) in cricket and played in Japan Cup(national level cricket tournament in Japan) too. I used to play in a diverse team with players from Australia, Japan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka along with Indians. We also encouraged Japanese people to get involved in cricket. At start, there was only one Japanese who used to play for us. By the end of my term in Japan, we had almost four Japanese people playing for us.
3) I, along with my teammates, also made contributions to Japanese society by setting up our cricket club in Japan. We also raised funds of approximately 1,000,000 yen with the help of Japanese government(local City Halls) to purchase cricket equipment for our team and setup cricket grounds. Also, with the help of Japanese government, we were able to setup two cricket grounds in Japan where our club can practice cricket and the game can be promoted among locals too. We were handed over the possession of one of the grounds last year and the work of the second ground is still in progress.
4) Learnt N5 level Japanese. I am able to read, write and understand basic Japanese.
5) Worked for approx 2 years for different NGO's.
6) Represent my team in office while discussing issues faced by team infront of higher management.

Can you please let me know my chances in IIMA,IIMB and IIMC?
Goals: I want to be a product manager after I complete my MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
I have given my GMAT yesterday. I have got a score of 680(Q49,V34,IR 8).I might go for another try depending on the suggestion i get.
I am mainly interested in 1 yr to 15 months MBA courses.

Academics:
1 B.Tech CSE Hons from GGSIPU with 76%
2. Class XII: 65 %(PCME)
3 CLass X: 70 %
I have a gap of 2 years between my class XII and B.Tech

Targeting Class of 2019:
College Preferences:
India
ISB,IIM-A,B,C,L,I , XLRI,MDI(not necessarily in this order)
Canada:
Queens, Schulich, Rottman
USA & Europe: Pls. suggest as I think Ivy league, and top 20 are not possible with GMAT 680.
Work Experience:
I have 14+ years of experience in Telecom and Application Development Domain. I have worked on multiple projects and have been on numerous short term onsite assignments to Samsung(Poland,Seol ),Intel(Germany,Suwon),InterDigital ( Canada) offices for work related assignments.
My Last Designation: Technical Project Manager
Achievements:
1) Patent filled and accepted in US on Mobile Data
2) Multiple team awards for commitment towards work.
3)QA process compliance award

Extra Curricular Activities:
1. My hobbies are Playing cricket, chess and debating on Indian politics.
2. I teach couple of students from poor families at my home on weekends...i am not sure if that can help my profile in any way!!!
I do not have any significant awards/achievements that can be shown as a proof...

Goals: I want to join back in mid-level management profile in preferably top-notch MNCs like Google, Microsoft, Qualcomm, Oracle...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I got a score of 680 ( Q50, V32) in my GMAT. I am now looking forward to some help in my admissions. Here is the brief of my experience and I am targeting only top Indian B Schools.

1. Experience of 9 years and 4 Months ( 112 months) by 31st March 2019.
2. 3 Years in Cognizant and rest all in Accenture ( Till present)
3. Entire Experience in Life Sciences Domain, servicing top global pharma clients.
4. Have an Onsite Experience of 3 months in France ( Lyon)
5. Currently Managing the entire Project Delivery with a 15 member team.
6. My Secondary profession is photography ( Serious Photography) With over 200 clients in last 5 years.
7. 10th %age: 87.8 ; 12th %age: 82 ; BE %age : 67.8'
8. PRINCE 2 Foundation & Practitioner Certified Professional.

Tx,
Anush
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rjerath wrote:
I have given my GMAT yesterday. I have got a score of 680(Q49,V34,IR 8).I might go for another try depending on the suggestion i get.
I am mainly interested in 1 yr to 15 months MBA courses.

Academics:
1 B.Tech CSE Hons from GGSIPU with 76%
2. Class XII: 65 %(PCME)
3 CLass X: 70 %
I have a gap of 2 years between my class XII and B.Tech

Targeting Class of 2019:
College Preferences:
India
ISB,IIM-A,B,C,L,I , XLRI,MDI(not necessarily in this order)
Canada:
Queens, Schulich, Rottman
USA & Europe: Pls. suggest as I think Ivy league, and top 20 are not possible with GMAT 680.
Work Experience:
I have 14+ years of experience in Telecom and Application Development Domain. I have worked on multiple projects and have been on numerous short term onsite assignments to Samsung(Poland,Seol ),Intel(Germany,Suwon),InterDigital ( Canada) offices for work related assignments.
My Last Designation: Technical Project Manager
Achievements:
1) Patent filled and accepted in US on Mobile Data
2) Multiple team awards for commitment towards work.
3)QA process compliance award

Extra Curricular Activities:
1. My hobbies are Playing cricket, chess and debating on Indian politics.
2. I teach couple of students from poor families at my home on weekends...i am not sure if that can help my profile in any way!!!
I do not have any significant awards/achievements that can be shown as a proof...

Goals: I want to join back in mid-level management profile in preferably top-notch MNCs like Google, Microsoft, Qualcomm, Oracle...

Hi,
Your profile in Telecom domain looks interesting. Your international work experience also adds value to your overall profile.
680 is little low for ISB, IIM A,B and C but would work fine for the other colleges. However a lot will depend on how you structure your application.
IIM B prefers candidates below 12 years therefore a work experience of 14+ year may not make the cut.
For the other B-schools you really need to work on your application to highlight why you need a MBA in this stage of your career and what unique value you would bring in to the incoming class.

You can connect with us at beyondtheGMAT@gmail.com for a detailed profile evaluation and to discuss about potential B-Schools for your profile.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abgraphy wrote:
Hi All,

I got a score of 680 ( Q50, V32) in my GMAT. I am now looking forward to some help in my admissions. Here is the brief of my experience and I am targeting only top Indian B Schools.

1. Experience of 9 years and 4 Months ( 112 months) by 31st March 2019.
2. 3 Years in Cognizant and rest all in Accenture ( Till present)
3. Entire Experience in Life Sciences Domain, servicing top global pharma clients.
4. Have an Onsite Experience of 3 months in France ( Lyon)
5. Currently Managing the entire Project Delivery with a 15 member team.
6. My Secondary profession is photography ( Serious Photography) With over 200 clients in last 5 years.
7. 10th %age: 87.8 ; 12th %age: 82 ; BE %age : 67.8'
8. PRINCE 2 Foundation & Practitioner Certified Professional.

Tx,
Anush

Hi Anush,
There are lot of thing in profile that would interest the Adcom such as your experience in the Life Sciences domain and your secondary profession of photography. What you need to work on is to make a stellar application highlighting your leadership capabilities and achievements. The Adcom of B-schools primarily look into what value a student will bring into the class.

You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a free profile evaluation and to discuss about potential b-schools for your profile.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBACrazy wrote:

HSC - 85%
SSC - 84%

Please evaluate.

Hi,
Your interest in social contribution is laudable. However your GMAT is low for IIM A, B and C and we would encourage you to improve it by 40 points.
Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q165 V150
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile IIM C PGPEX

10th - 70%
12th -91 %
Graduation - BE (CIVIL) -63 %
PG in Advanced Construction Management - 7.1 CGPA
GMAT - 710

Have worked for 3 years in India for L&T Construction in the project management domain.
Currently working since 2 years in Kuwait on Mega Projects in the project management domain.

Have a PMP certification.

Lots of CSR activities during my stint at L&T.

Post MBA goals - Operations / Strategy in Construction field.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhishek6390 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile IIM C PGPEX

10th - 70%
12th -91 %
Graduation - BE (CIVIL) -63 %
PG in Advanced Construction Management - 7.1 CGPA
GMAT - 710

Have worked for 3 years in India for L&T Construction in the project management domain.
Currently working since 2 years in Kuwait on Mega Projects in the project management domain.

Have a PMP certification.

Lots of CSR activities during my stint at L&T.

Post MBA goals - Operations / Strategy in Construction field.

Hi,
You have an decent chance at IIM C PGPEX. IIM C prefers to have a diversified class profile and your experience in Construction Management definitely scores high on diversity quotient. Your GMAT of 710 is also good for IIM C. What you now need to work on is building a stellar application highlighting your leadership capabilities and your achievements. What the Adcom would look at is the value you will add to the incoming class.
Also elaborate on your post MBA goal. This is an important aspect that the Adcoms evaluate.

You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a detailed evaluation and also to get insights into potential B-schools for your profile.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi Friends,

IIMC is going to conduct its 3rd webinar on 4th October. Do join the webinar to get your questions answered by our Chairperson and present students.
Attachments

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-27 at 20.42.49.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-09-27 at 20.42.49.jpeg [ 147.66 KiB | Viewed 11507 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
I am looking to switch from a core-engineering domain (5 years of experience in Instrumentation Engineering of Petrochemical Plants) to strategy consulting ( I have been a part of such a program conducted by AT Kearney). My GMAT score is 700(Q48, V38). I am looking to apply to the following schools:

1. ISB
2. IIM-A
3. IIM-B
4. IIM-C
5. Rotman School of Management
6. McGill University
7. Schulich School of Business

This is based on my very limited research, I have not included any of the schools from the USA because only 1-year work visa is allowed to MBA grads there. Kindly let me know if there are options I can add. Also if it is possible for you to address, can you please let me know whether 5-year experience requirement posed by IIM-C and IIM-A for their PGPX includes experience as 'Graduate Engineer Trainee', it is common for all core industries to keep the first year for training. Kindly let me know what you think.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
vinayakvaish wrote:
I am looking to switch from a core-engineering domain (5 years of experience in Instrumentation Engineering of Petrochemical Plants) to strategy consulting ( I have been a part of such a program conducted by AT Kearney). My GMAT score is 700(Q48, V38). I am looking to apply to the following schools:

1. ISB
2. IIM-A
3. IIM-B
4. IIM-C
5. Rotman School of Management
6. McGill University
7. Schulich School of Business

This is based on my very limited research, I have not included any of the schools from the USA because only 1-year work visa is allowed to MBA grads there. Kindly let me know if there are options I can add. Also if it is possible for you to address, can you please let me know whether 5-year experience requirement posed by IIM-C and IIM-A for their PGPX includes experience as 'Graduate Engineer Trainee', it is common for all core industries to keep the first year for training. Kindly let me know what you think.

your work-experience counts from date of joining to program start date. Period
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V39
Send PM
Hi All,

I am applying to IIM Calcutta this year. But I am facing a strange problem in LOR section. For one of my referee the recommendation link is saying that recommendation is already submitted even before she has started filling it. Can anyone please suggest me what needs to be done to fix it. Will contacting IIM C PGPEX office help? Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
What should be written in the optional essay of PGPEX application? I do not have any education/career breaks. I have good academic history as well.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts